Big News! The Happiest Day in a Father's Life!

All Aboard

Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas
Actually, I'm a couple months late posting this:
DSC00249.JPG

Congratulations, Greg, my man!!!

Well?? Did she like it... or not!?!

We need some reviews of first time riders!!:bounce: :bounce:

Baron, it's currently her favorite attraction. The photo was taken during Early Entry on Sunday December 15th. We rode 6 times that day and then another 12 times on Monday morning before we had to load up and head back home. Last weekend MK was quite packed so we were able to ride just a couple of times on FastPass. Replacing "Daddy, let's measure to see if I am big enough for Space Mountain" has been replaced by "Let's measure to see if I am big enough for Rock n Roller Coaster." She should be skydiving by 8 :)

I always like to see adventurous little girls. My first trip to DL (and thus my first ride on Space and the Matterhorn) was when I was 4 1/2. On the same trip, we went to Knott's Berry Farm and I went on the corkscrew (the first upside-down steel coaster and very similar to RnRC). They were a bit more lax with the height restrictions in 1980.

She's a cutie-pie! She's gonna be a winner!

Roy

How old is she? It must have been a great moment for you both! Congratulations!

My own dd is already wanting to ride *everything*....she just turned 3! I'm hoping she'll make the cut for BTMRR in October (she is tall) ! But I think we'll just be starting the "am I tall enough?" years. Adventurous girls are great! I was soooooo not like that as a kid!

Thanks for the kind words, all.

Lesley, Nat turned 5 on January 15th, so she was 4yrs 11mos in the photo. She reached the magic 40 inches at 3yrs and 3mos. She hit 42 inches (meaningless at WDW, but gets Jurassic River Adventure, Men in Black & Popeye up the street) on her 4th birthday.

When we were at WDW in the middle of November, 2002 she just missed Space by about a quarter of an inch. She got just the right growth spurt in the next month to make it. Actually, in December we were doing our regular "let's see how much more you have to grow" I was shocked when she made it.

Congrats gcurling!!!!!
Glad to hear we have another coaster enthusiast in our midst!!!
Hopefully in time she can back me up with calls for more coasters at wdw(lol)!!!

We rode 6 times that day and then another 12 times on Monday

....and that is why we call Nat "Fireball" -

Very, very cool.

I wish I knew you were there Greg....I took my family down to WDW for the week of the 14th....

My son had his first experince on all of the thrill rides too...Space was the big unknown. I wasn't sure I was going to let him ride it, but he was persistant, so we went for it.

I haven't been on Space in a LONG time, so when we got to the front of the line, I discovered I would not be able to sit next to him....so I sat in the seat in front, and spent the whole ride turned around holding his hand since I was so sure he was going to freak out (although he handled all of the other thrill rides in WDW & our local Six Flags ok)....when we got off the ride, I asked him how he liked it and he told me:

"Daddy....I LOVED IT!!! Can we do it again?".

So we tried it again (No lines)...we loaded into the cars in the same manner, but this time he tells me "Daddy I don't need to hold your hand".

I think the biggest reason he loved riding Space was because he did it all by himself (scary thought for me :)

He was also 3 months shy of this fifth birthday....fun age!

Great pics and stories. Thanks for sharing! :)
Before you know it -- she will be driving! ;)

Great pic Greg! It killed Marisa to see Nat heading to SM...She so wanted to be there. But I'm glad you're Natalies father because twice for me & my stomach is simply enough!

HBK2...What's this? A car 4'er visiting WDW??? ... ... (just kidding):p :p :p :p

HBK2...What's this? A car 4'er visiting WDW??? ... ... (just kidding)

It's this trip that really made me take my latest stance....

I know I'll go back eventually. I just know it will be a LONG time till I do and I know that the WDW I love will never be coming back and I'm trying to come to grips with it....

:)

Kewl!!! ;) :)

I'm hoping to get my 4 yo back on Splash this May. She rode it 3 times when she was 3, and has been reluctant since. I think she'll be good to go again this May. While she likes little coasters, Space may be a while...................

My kids have to be my coaster buddies. Glad you have another in your ranks.

congratulations man that must have been an awesome feeling.
im hoping to have a pic just like that when i take my little man back.

Great pic, Greg, and congrats! (couldn't see it yesterday...something about it using too much bandwidth...guess you got a lot of hits!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter