Big FP+ News: Starting 2/19 New DHS Tiers, MFSR FP+ Added, READ POST #1

I doubt we’ll see something like BGs (unless Smugglers Run has moved to FP by then). but I can see standby only for a while. Do not see them wanting to have multiple rides on the BG system as it’s operating now. People are confused with just one ride on a separate system - dual BG rides would be really difficult. I also anticipate that ride is likely to have fewer tech issues based on the complexity from what I’ve read so far.

This thread is literally about Smuggler's Run moving to FP :-)

I am so nervous for MMRR now!! Crossing my fingers it drops sooner than later, will gladly sacrifice MFSR or either of my SDD for it.

Just saw this on Facebook! LOL some of us are happy and others who hate FP are not. Now to see what MMRR is...gotta be Tier 1.

I dont think for a while now . I would have thought they would have added today if it was going to be straight away

I honestly thought they would stay status quo at DHS until they could add all 3 new ones. I’m really surprised at the moves to tier 2 more than the addition of MFSR, honestly.

So now I’m out of speculation and nervously anticipating the other 2 to pop up at anytime or not at all.

This is wonderful news! This was very much needed. We went to HS a couple of weeks ago, and the new system was terrible IMO. The options for Tier 2 were all the shows and Star Tours. We found ourselves riding the gondolas because we had nothing to do in between our FP for ST and our Frozen FP. With having to get there so early for boarding groups, there was a lot of standing around when all of the waits are over an hour for everything. I'm so happy about this!

Last edited:
MDE is already running slow so I knew something was up. I probably will wait a few days before calling SSD as the waits will be huge! Kind of annoying they didn't include MMRR info in this...

I agree, but the info runs the risk of being buried in an announcement like this. MMRR was always going to get its own roll out the red carpet grand announcement, just like ROTR and MFSR did.

I don't think this is the same excitement level as Star Wars rides (at least not for me 🤷‍♀️ ) so I would venture they'd start with FP pretty soon after opening.

Maybe it will be the ride that has a virtual boarding group which people grab if they miss ROTR. Or maybe the virtual boarding groups will be around for a lot longer during the day because you are limited to 1 per day. I know I wouldn't "waste" my once a day boarding group on MMRR if I could only go one day to HS on my trip.

I already got SDD when I booked our FP+ last week, should I drop it for MF now? Which do you think will have longer standby?

I would figure FP for MMRR would likely be after the first 30 days at worst. It makes sense to have 3 on Tier 1, BG for RotR, and everything else Tier 2.
It makes the park manageable and will disperse crowds better.
And for those of us that refresh a ton same day, this makes things much easier.

I already got SDD when I booked our FP+ last week, should I drop it for MF now? Which do you think will have longer standby?

I think the standby for SDD and MFSM have been about the same. I think it comes down to preference.

ETA: I have a bias against SDD. I think it is fun, but I don't think it is fun enough to justify the wait time. I feel the same way about SDMT. Just wanted to qualify my statement.

Fantastic new, was stressing about our April trip! We have hoppers and was planning on starting 2-3 days at DHS, will be much more manageable I think. I have a month before I need to make FP+ so time to see how things are going.

Great news; had already made FP+ selections for our 3/2 - 3/9 trip with 2 DHS days.

original: day 1 FP: TOT, Mermaid, Star Tours original day 2 FP: TSM, Star Tours, Indiana Jones.

NOW: day 1 FP: TOT, MFSR, Star Tours. Day 2 FP: SDD (so happy to grab this one!), TSM, Star Tours.

Can anyone confirm: are Little Mermaid and Indiana Jones shows easy/ convenient to see without FP? Dropped these two but still really want to see them.

I would figure FP for MMRR would likely be after the first 30 days at worst. It makes sense to have 3 on Tier 1, BG for RotR, and everything else Tier 2.
It makes the park manageable and will disperse crowds better.
And for those of us that refresh a ton same day, this makes things much easier.

I agree with your perspective on the tiers, but refresh was so easy for TSMM, RNRC, and ToT on our last trip and I think that was largely because of the tier 1 status.

I think this probably hurts refresh, but then again we don’t need refresh like before (those of us who can book 60+ days out).

Great news; had already made FP+ selections for our 3/2 - 3/9 trip with 2 DHS days.

original: day 1 FP: TOT, Mermaid, Star Tours original day 2 FP: TSM, Star Tours, Indiana Jones.

NOW: day 1 FP: TOT, MFSR, Star Tours. Day 2 FP: SDD (so happy to grab this one!), TSM, Star Tours.

Can anyone confirm: are Little Mermaid and Indiana Jones shows easy/ convenient to see without FP? Dropped these two but still really want to see them.

Yes, you will be fine without FP there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter