Biergarten Restaurant

Aurora0427

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if they have options for picky kid eaters that aren't on the buffet? No judgement please, I don't fight the good fight on vacation. Thanks!

Does anyone know if they have options for picky kid eaters that aren't on the buffet? No judgement please, I don't fight the good fight on vacation. Thanks!
There's stuff picky kids will eat. There are plain roasted potatoes, the schnitzel are basically oversized nuggets, there's cheesy pasta that's basically mac and cheese.

My daughter is as picky as they get and she found stuff at Beirgarten. They do have kid friendly options. Of course, we've been on the DP, so I didnt really care about the price, but I suppose OOP, I would raise an eyebrow over $22 for some Mac N Cheese and plain chicken. There are also hotdogs, pretzels, potatoes and good desserts!

Yeah. I mean, there is plenty on that buffet that is pretty "normal," and it's not like they're descending into some of the truly odd German foods.

There's chicken, spaztel and cheese, plain spatzel, sausages, hot dogs, pretzel rolls, some cheese, potatoes.

Sure, many people do not dig the herring salad, but it's not like they're serving Grünkohl.

Reading with interest, as I am considering for our family too. We went to BOMA and Tusker House, and my kids were able to find enough food to fill themselves up...I think my picky eater maybe went up twice at TH too:thumbsup2. It's my thought that there's lots of options at all buffets.

Yeah. I mean, there is plenty on that buffet that is pretty "normal," and it's not like they're descending into some of the truly odd German foods.

There's chicken, spaztel and cheese, plain spatzel, sausages, hot dogs, pretzel rolls, some cheese, potatoes.

Sure, many people do not dig the herring salad, but it's not like they're serving Grünkohl.

Agree. And fresh fruit, meatballs .............. I think it has lots of basic items that kids would like.

I took my very picky kid to biergarten and did a review on it. It was one of our favorite meals. Check out my review with pictures linked in my signature (I have links to individual restaurants on the first page so you don't have to endure the chatter of the rest of it if you don't want to). He ate VERY well at Biergarten but it meshed well with things that he likes.

Thank you all so much for the feed back. I think there will be a few things she'll eat. I told my husband he can decide if it's worth spending $20 on her!

You had me at cheesy soup...,,
they don't always have the cheese soup, it's one they rotate through.
Thank you all so much for the feed back. I think there will be a few things she'll eat. I told my husband he can decide if it's worth spending $20 on her!
all of Disney is overpriced. I always think about what the overall trip is costing and what's an extra $10 extra (vs a kid meal at a non buffet) in a trip that costs thousands of dollars if both you and your husband enjoy the experience as well? Basically, NOTHING in disney is worth what you pay for it... so just see if it's something that you want to do and don't worry about $10 here and there. hundreds yes, $10? I wouldn't even give it a second thought.

Like others have said, it's only what is on the buffet but there is quite a lot to choose from. Dinner rolls and pretzel rolls should be pretty good for most picky eaters. The mac and cheese was not a hit for my mac and cheese lover as it's not your typical version you find for kids or at home. Not just because it's homemade but the texture of the cheese isn't smooth (pretty sure that's why my DS didn't like it). There is chicken, potatoes, deli meats and cheeses, sausages, applesauce, fruit, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter