Biergarten..not sure if I like German food?

WeLoveLilo05

DIS Veteran
We have eaten at many places in WDW over the years but never this one bc I am not so sure if i will like German food. I think of the August heat and heavy sausages and blah, the thought makes me sick. So..is the food good here? Is it heavy? What was your experience like? Kind of curious to try it bc my husband wants to give it a go and I read they are good with food allergies for my daughter.

Seasonal salads, Traditional sausages, Rotisserie chicken, Roasted pork, Red cabbage sauerkraut, Potatoes, Spaetzle, Schnitzel, Frikadellen(german hamburger), and Apple Strudel, Black Forest cake and Bavarian Cheesecake. Plus a fair amount of American food is available.

I've eaten there many times for lunch and never found it to be Heavy food. It's the GIANT BEERS that made my meal feel heavy. I usually do at least 2 plates mostly German food a bowl of Mac and Cheese, and a dessert plate.

We have eaten at many places in WDW over the years but never this one bc I am not so sure if i will like German food. I think of the August heat and heavy sausages and blah, the thought makes me sick. So..is the food good here? Is it heavy? What was your experience like? Kind of curious to try it bc my husband wants to give it a go and I read they are good with food allergies for my daughter.

I hate sausage & sauerkraut but I LOVED the salmon,pork schnitzel was AMAZING & the cauliflower soup was great too! They have something for everyone. The vanilla pudding was amazing! If anyone has the recipe pls send it my way!

We've only eaten at Biergarten in August in the heat and I didn't find it too heavy. I don't even know what I ate there but it was all good! ::yes::

I know I don't like German food!! :rotfl: I've been to Germany and struggled. I don't like sausages, I don't like sauerkraut etc.
I ate at Biergarden a few trips ago as DH wanted to go. I left completely full, if not satisfied. There were plenty of things for me to eat.
It still is not among my favorite restaurants, but if DH asked I would go back and know I could eat something.

We've also eaten at Biergarten in August in the heat and we didn't notice it being too heavy. We do love German food, sauerkraut, sausage, red cabbage, all of it, but the food was just okay for us, this could be because we really love German food and we could just be picky with it! The show and the family style were the real draw. We said if it were just the two of us again, we wouldn't be repeat diners, but when we have kids or bring our parents and sisters' families, we would go again, mainly for the atmosphere and the convenience if you have a big party + it is a great show, lots of fun! :goodvibes

Everyplace we went to eat was very filling, but the heat + tons of water that we drank + the walking really helped with that cause! I think we actually lost weight (never thought that'd be possible on a Disney vacation!) :thumbsup2

Also, I have to confirm that they are awesome when it comes to allergies. DF is has a pretty extensive list of allergies and the chef came out to talk to us and tell him exactly what was in the food and what he should stay away from or what he could eat. He also told him that he would make a plate for him in the back, since some foods get mixed in and spoons get swapped between foods.

I hate sausages and sauerkraut..I loved biergarten..The Schnitzel ,Sauerbraten and rotisserie chicken were so good as was the salads .I left full but not overly heavy or nauseous

I just got back and did lunch at Biergarten. I actually felt more full leaving Tusker House after a late breakfast/early lunch then I did at Biergarten, and that's not because I didn't like the food. Sure, there were a few things I personally didn't care for but overall everything was really tasty. I would have had a 3rd plate except that I didn't want to seem like a pig in front of my tablemates. I'm definitely planning to go back to Biergarten on my next trip.

I hate sausage & sauerkraut but I LOVED the salmon,pork schnitzel was AMAZING & the cauliflower soup was great too! They have something for everyone. The vanilla pudding was amazing! If anyone has the recipe pls send it my way!

I agree the salmon was amazing, which I didn't expect. I actually wouldn't have tried it at all except that other people at the table said they liked it. Cauliflower soup sounds yummy. When I went they had a beer cheese soup which was good as a dip for the pretzel bread, but pretty rich for a soup. Now I'm curious about the pudding. I skipped over it thinking that pudding is pudding. The German cheesecake was surprisingly good, especially when topped with the berry compote.

It's a buffet. You don't have to eat just German food. All the food is good though. We make 2 trips to the Biergarten when we go to WDW whether it is for 4 days or 8 days. We enjoy the seating, show and most of all the food. My wife isn't a huge German food fan but always enjoys everything she eats. I always recommend the Biergarten to my family and friends that haven't been to WDW or haven't been in a while.

We love Biergarten. This is one of my husband's favorites.

The food is delicious. I love the warm German potato salad. Yum!

alice99 said:
We love Biergarten. This is one of my husband's favorites.

The food is delicious. I love the warm German potato salad. Yum!

OMG, that is my absolute favorite!

Regarding food allergies - the chef was AWESOME! All of the chefs in EPCOT are number one in my book :love:. And there is plenty of "lightweight" food to eat. Go for it!!

thank you everyone, I made a reservation there for an early dinner. You all sold me lol! So is the cheese soup anything like Le Cellier's? I am actually pretty excited for the desserts :rotfl:

thank you everyone, I made a reservation there for an early dinner. You all sold me lol! So is the cheese soup anything like Le Cellier's? I am actually pretty excited for the desserts :rotfl:

It is similar.The pretzel bread is nearly identical

is as pic an eater as you can fathom but she loves the Beirgarten! She actually asks to go back each trip. I love the food there as well and it is as close to the food I ate in Germany as I have had anywhere. Lunch is one of the more affordable buffets in the World!

The good thing is that you can try a little of everything, if you don't like it, at least you tried it. You may find some "German" food that you actually like, the Spaetzle and Potato Dumplings are awesome. There is a lot of regular foods to choose from. :goodvibes

I didn't like sauerkraut, but it's something that I have acquired a taste for, I actually do like the smell of it too, when we pass by the German pavilion it smells like pretzel bread, beer, and sauerkraut. :)

DH loves German food...me not so much. But there is plenty to eat there. With it being a buffet, I just eat what I like. There are plenty of options on the buffet.

The food is way too heavy for me. Our DS wanted to try it a couple years ago for his birthday meal. He & DH will pretty much eat anything, so they left full. There were a few salads I liked okay. Add a roll & that was all I ate. It's definitely not a place I plan to return to, unless I'm with extended family who really want to try it. My DH & DS will be outvoted, if they try to get me to go again with just the 3 of us. :laughing: I don't think that's a problem. They did leave full, but neither of them have asked to return. If you're into the mega beer mugs, you may be okay. That much alcohol would make anything taste okay. :rotfl2:

That's funny!:rotfl: I don't drink but I am looking forward in trying the schnitzel. As long as that is good I will be happy! We will be there for diner at the end of our day so I think will be okay with the full part too. We will see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter