Bienvenue à La Belle France - Sept/Oct 2020

discat73

Earning My Ears
13 months before your departure date isn’t too early to start a trip report, right? I hope not because I just took advantage of the Super Early Bookers special to book at the Disneyland Hotel for 3 days/2 nights!!! My first international castle!!!! I’m so excited!!!!!

Who?

I’m Lizzy, 45, lawyer by day, slightly obsessive planner by night. Disneyland (the original) is my happy place but Disney World usually has to satisfy my Disney needs since I’ve spent the past decade in DC.

My travel companion and general partner in crime is my DH, Jake, 52. He likes rides, snacks, and the benefits of obsessive planning. He does not like talking about trip planning, particularly Disney trip planning.

When and Where?

The plan is to spend three days in Paris followed by three days at Disneyland. We will then finish up with three or four days in either Normandy or the Loire Valley.

I love trip reports and spend a lot of time reading them since they often have the little everyday details that I like to know when planning a trip. I’ve never actually written one, though. But I hope people join me as I need company for the next thirteen months (particularly since it has only been six hours since I booked and DH has already banned me from talking about it until January)!

discat73

Earning My Ears
Pre-Trip Repot Index

The Report- Index
  • 9/24: Overnight Flight IAD to CDG
  • 9/25: Paris by boat and bus
  • 9/26: Paris
  • 9/27: Paris
  • 9/28: Disneyland Hotel, Half Board
  • 9/29: Disneyland Hotel, Half Board
  • 9/30: Disneyland; Transfer to Versailles or Rouen.
  • 10/1: Rouen/Versailles
  • 10/2: Honfleur/Amboise
  • 10/3: Honfleur/Amboise
  • 10/4: Return Flight

Last edited:

paopiru

Mouseketeer
Hi discat, I'm in the same boat you are...we will be in France next September 2020 and already booking and planning. I booked the 25% discount and half board package in February 2019 and started planning and reading RT since then! We will be in Disneyland the same dates and after doing some research I hope maybe we can see the start of Halloween Season on 30th September before leaving. That would be fun!

Dis_Yoda

DIS Veteran
Don't blame you for planning that far out! We did the same for our trip. Rouen & Versailles are awesome!

discat73

Earning My Ears
Hi discat, I'm in the same boat you are...we will be in France next September 2020 and already booking and planning. I booked the 25% discount and half board package in February 2019 and started planning and reading RT since then! We will be in Disneyland the same dates and after doing some research I hope maybe we can see the start of Halloween Season on 30th September before leaving. That would be fun!
The fun part is that it provides a whole year of planning delights! I can’t decide whether I’m looking forward to it bring Halloween season or not. On one hand, I love the Halloween season at Disneyland and would be excited to see it in Paris. On the other hand, I’d also really like to see the standard decorations since I’ve never been. Either way, I’m ridiculously excited. Only 366 more days before take off! 😀

Don't blame you for planning that far out! We did the same for our trip. Rouen & Versailles are awesome!
Your trip seems amazing so far! I currently can’t make up my mind whether we should do Versailles (I’ve been but DH has not) and then the Loire Valley for the third and final portion of our trip or whether we should go north for Giverny, Rouen, and the Normandy coast. DH won’t leave our dog for more than ten days so doing both is sadly not an option.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates