Bibfolios

Discussion in 'runDisney' started by Livelovedance, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Livelovedance

Livelovedance DIS Veteran

Has anyone ever purchased a Bibfolio from Gone for a Run? I'm looking to purchase one but I'm curious about the quality and possibility for a sale. There's a 15% off Halloween code for today, but I'm wondering if there'll be a better discount for Black Friday or the holidays...

2. Keels

Keels The Official Keels of RunDisney

I have one with the medal hanger that I use for special/challenge medals. I enjoy keeping all my bibs, but I'd definitely stock up on the sleeves because they get expensive.

I have 43 bibs hanging on there right now:

Image-1.png

bumbershoot and Livelovedance like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. GollyGadget

GollyGadget Mouseketeer

My husband purchased one for me. It serves it's purpose of keeping my bibs organized but I'm not sure I ever would have made the purchase. I don't really ever look back at them and now I'm wondering why I even keep them...

I do agree with @Keels to stock up on sleeves. The folio came with a few but nowhere near enough, even with placing two per sleeve.

Livelovedance likes this.
  5. Livelovedance

Good to know, thanks! I have a medal hanger, so I’m planning on purchasing the regular bibfolio, which seems even sillier because it’s just a book but I can display it on my nightstand or dresser and look back at my bibs. I’ve done a bunch of different races but to be completely honest I never thought much about the bibs until my first runDisney event... If Disney sold the bibfolio they’d truly have all of my money lol. Since it’s just a book I’ve held off on buying it for awhile, and just saved my bibs in a drawer. I decided to hold off on buying last night - I’m hoping for a decent sale for Black Friday.

6. GollyGadget

GollyGadget Mouseketeer

I'm so glad you mentioned the runDisney bibs. I should have mentioned that the sleeves fit *most* race bibs, but not all. I have a few in my bibfolio which had to be folded to fit. Nearly all of them fit except those races with over-sized bibs. The runDisney ones have never been attempted to be placed inside, but looks like they would need to be folded as well. I didn't take any measurements but I'm guessing you can find those online somewhere, otherwise ask and I'll be happy to help.

Here's a photo of the Marathon bib over the sleeves and as you can see it's just a touch too tall. If I wanted it to fit, I'd fold over the bottom part with my name and it would be no problem.
    IMG_2838.JPG

Both of these bibs below are from 2014 and I don't know if the bibs have changed at all but wanted to provide a reference of some bibs that do fit just fine.
    IMG_2839.JPG

Finally, it does look really nice on my running shelf so I wouldn't discourage you from buying one if you're looking for a way to better organize them. It looks much better than my previous method of storing them which was really just crumpled pieces of paper lying all over the house.
    IMG_2835.JPG

7. Livelovedance

Those photos were very helpful! I did notice the runDisney bibs were bigger than most bibs I've had. I don't expect the others to be a problem, but if they are I'll just fold them like you suggested. Thank you!