Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by sablebomb, May 17, 2018 at 7:29 PM.

1. sablebomb

sablebomb Mouseketeer

Checked it out online. Looks like you can only call to make reservations? Can't be booked online?

My daughter will be 11 and really wants to do this.
    We are debating when to do and where to do.

Anyone have an opinion on which is better location (MK or DS)?
    Also, I'm guessing the earlier the better so she can enjoy it for the day without having to sleep on it and ruin in?

We are getting in suppertime on Oct 21st and thinking of either going to DS that evening or the next morning. Wondering if trying to book then would be best or if we should try to get a reservation during one of our Days at MK?

Final question- I know I'm within by 180 days (actually 158 days today). What are the changes I'll still be able to get a reservation at this point?

2. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy And though she be but little, she is fierce.

Chances are good if not a busy week and your flexible. I say pick BBB @ MK. It’s in the castle :) Mornings go first because they’re not backed up yet and kid gets to enjoy all the attention throughout the day.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Mambo Junkie

Mambo Junkie DIS Veteran

I just called (we're within 180 also and BBB was tough). Since your daughter is older, she may be able to hang with the costume, but my DGDs tend to ditch them after a few hours. They claim they are hot and scratchy. Also just keep normal shoes on them. The castle is certainly exciting. You can keep calling and try for a cancellation at a time you want but there are still times available, just not ideal. We normally do 10 am then lunch at the castle. Once again, we're too late to even get reservations at the castle for any meal. We have booked the Disney Springs location as there is plenty of availability, but what we've ended up doing is booking the Ivy Trellis at the Grand Floridian. I think you have to take your own costume, but we were able to get dinner at 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella, so we think they'll love this!

5. sablebomb

sablebomb Mouseketeer

I guess I will call tomorrow to see if they have any availability on any of the three days we are planning to be at Magic Kingdom.

Would it be the same number who could tell me availability at DS as well?

I think if we do DS location we will try to do Monday morning (late morning) and then spend a few hours at Disney Springs so she can show off her "look"!

6. Mambo Junkie

Mambo Junkie DIS Veteran

Yes, they can book both locations. I think she would love either location. Get her in early at DS, then go to one of the parks. That's what we were going to do until we decided to go with the Grand Floridian. She will love it!

ETA: Get what you can, but call every day! People do cancel! People book right away, then change up their plans.

cassie58 likes this.
  7. Kae

Kae DIS Veteran

We did DS location and then dinner at 1900 pf. It was a non park day for us but went to all the resorts on the monorail. And it was good the next day. I sprayed before bed and that was back in the day where they used lots of spray.

8. ColoradoMom12

ColoradoMom12 DIS Veteran

Can’t wait for the day this can be booked online. Last year I was calling multiple times a day to check for cancellations...more than twice, I got the same CM answering the phone! Eventually my diligent work paid off, and we got a reservation. So if you don’t get one, don’t panic. It’s like a dining reservation (only 100 times more annoying because checking obsessively for cancellations can only be done on the phone)- people do cancel.

sbd78 and cassie58 like this.
  9. cassie58

cassie58 DIS Veteran

I agree to get what you can then keep checking. I think castle location is more magical if you can get it. We did 1st time at BBB in the morning with brft at CRT after. Last time we did it when she was 12 for last chance:sad:(they grow up too fast!), and it was a late planned trip, so got afternoon spot at castle(and this was only about a month before) with 1900 PF dinner, which is a lot of fun w/Cindy and stepsisters.

Either way, she will love it! We have brought our own dress for cost and comfort. When DD was 12, we found a pretty short blue dress at the Halloween Store which was Cinderella themed, but a modern take (they also had yellow for Belle) - we got it half price the day after Halloween, and she even wore it to a school dance since it was not obviously Cinderella. Since it looks like you are going in the fall, just an FYI! She chose the look with colored pieces weaved in, and did blue to match. The hair used to be well gelled and/or sprayed so you could easily keep it in for a few days, and just touch up, but recently others have reported them not putting stuff on - something to do with chemicals - so you may want to bring along your own spray and extra Bobby pins to make sure it stays in for her to enjoy and you to get your money's worth!

10. sablebomb

sablebomb Mouseketeer

Thanks All!
    Now I just need to find the best way to call from Canada (auuuggghhh- they should have toll free number).
    My last call to buy Halloween party tickets cost me nearly $14.00

11. sbd78

sbd78 DIS Veteran

My daughter has done it a few times and will be doing it again on our upcoming trip. We usually do MK if possible, I think MK is the most magical place to walk around dressed up like a princess and if you do the BBB there, it's a one stop shop. Both previous times were not planned 180 days in advance. One time I completely lucked out and got a last minute morning appointment in the castle. The other time I called and called and was only able to get a lunch time Disney Springs appointment. This time I planned 180 in advance and got a 9:00 am castle appointment with a late breakfast in the castle and dinner at BOG...can't wait! Either way, I'm sure your daughter will have a great time.