Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

islandtimect

DIS Veteran
We're taking our 5 year old daughter to the BB boutique in the morning to have her hair, makeup and nails done (she'll be wearing her own costume). Then we'll be spending the afternoon at the pool or lagoon. Is that a bad sequence of activities? Her hair and makeup will probably get ruined.

I guess that depends on how you look at it :confused3 . Does she like to keep that kind of thing in for a long time or does she usually take it out pretty quickly? I would perhaps alter it if it were me. I would hate to spend the money on that and have it ruined in no time flat in the pool :guilty: , and my husband would have an absolute fit :scared1: . I would at least take her to lunch someplace first and then hit the pool at the very least, then you would have it last for a bit longer.

I have never been to WDW before so this is just a suggestion. I would think for all the cost and time maybe allow her to 'be a princess' for while. Maybe do a lunch or something so she can show off her 'BBB' makeover. I would probably do the pool/lagoon first or on a different day. Then again if you think she will only want to be made-up for that long, then go for it. Everyone is different. Either way, I hope she has a wonderful experience.

We have our BBB appt. next Weds. @ 9:15,,,, CRT @ 12:45 so DD8 and DD5 could walk around in their princess outfits/hair/makeup.

I have never been to WDW before so this is just a suggestion. I would think for all the cost and time maybe allow her to 'be a princess' for while. Maybe do a lunch or something so she can show off her 'BBB' makeover. I would probably do the pool/lagoon first or on a different day. Then again if you think she will only want to be made-up for that long, then go for it. Everyone is different. Either way, I hope she has a wonderful experience.

We have our BBB appt. next Weds. @ 9:15,,,, CRT @ 12:45 so DD8 and DD5 could walk around in their princess outfits/hair/makeup.

I totally agree with Tammy. Plan the swimming for another day or do it before BBB. Take her around all made up. I saw so many girls all made up and they really enjoyed the extra attention. Have a great time.

Sorry, I have to agree with others - try to change it so she can enjoy being a princess without it getting washed off right away. My DDs tried to keep it in for days, even when they did go in the pool, they tried not to get their hair wet. They just loved it.

I agree, a nice dinner or tea afterwards would be a good idea.

Especially if you are plunking money down for the 'do'.

That way you can take more pics of her all dolled up, having fun! If you are able to go back to the park, take pics at the castle, with Cinderella, etc.

I would def save that for a day when you have a special meal with the princesses or something. IMO it is way to expensive to get done and then go swimming. Reschedule to have done on a day your not planning to swim.

Yikes, looks like I made a poor decision to visit BBB on a day we're not going to the parks. My goal was to not waste valuable park time. If we hit the pool around 3pm I'll try to have her not get her hair wet. (I'll tell her to just act like mommy). But my kid is a fish and LOVES the water...Maybe I'll see if she can get ressie at the new BBB inside MK. Is this location just as nice as the one at DD?

I agree that you might want to plan the swimming for another day...When they dress up as princesses in the park, the CM go out of their way to say "well hello Princess Snow white, cinderella etc...) You definitely will get your money's worth from the experience if you go to lunch or at least go to parks and such.

Not sure about the difference in the MK location Its in the castle..We have a reservation next month :banana: with CRT for lunch after. DD is turning 4 and DNiece is turning 6.!!! I can't wait.

Have fun!!

That's a great idea to do a character lunch the same day. We're having lunch at CRT so maybe I'll change it to that morning.

Your idea of making the BBB appt. prior ot the CRT is perfect. With the new BBB in MK you have a very short walk to CRT. That is how we are doing it. We have our appt. next Thursday I can let you kno how it went... Tammy

Your idea of making the BBB appt. prior ot the CRT is perfect. With the new BBB in MK you have a very short walk to CRT. That is how we are doing it. We have our appt. next Thursday I can let you kno how it went... Tammy

We switched the BBB appt to MK for Monday the 17th. Now that I've seen the photos of the new boutiquie at allears.net, I'm so happy we changed it. What's better than being made up as a princess at a castle!

Never mind the extra attention, I can't imagine you having to spend $50 on hair make-up and nails just to have it all wash off 2 hours later.....JMO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter