Bibbidi Bobbidi - 1 Kid old Enough & 2 not!

SuzGM84

Mouseketeer
So I just learned that the minimum age for Bibbidi Bobbidi is 3. We're planning a trip where we will have a 4 1/2 year old, 2 1/2 year old and 1 1/2 year old - all girls. We want to take the oldest, but are concerned the others will feel left out (esp the 2 1/2 year old as that is her sister). Does Bibbidi Bobbidi do anything for kids that aren't old enough for the full treatment?

I'm not sure of the ages as its been years since we've done it. If you are concerned about the youngest feeling left out you could opt for the Harmony Barber Shop or take the oldest to BB and the youngest to Harmony. They could get sparkle in their hair. I have four daughters and love almost everything Disney but Bibbidi Bobbidi just didn't do it for us. I know this is just my personal opinion but we found a couple hours after the experience they were a glittery mess. We've done Harmony several times and have enjoyed each experience. We also like the finished result so much better. Have a fun trip, your little ones will make the trip extra special.

I would definitely still do it for your 4yo. For the younger one, I think they do a photo shoot at BBB so you could bring your own princess dress and shoes etc. For the little one so she feels involved and I think they let younger siblings have their photo too. There is also a photo pass studio at DS she could go to while older sister does BBB

Good tips! Thank you! We're going to be traveling with friends - they're the ones with the older two girls. We'll have our daughter who will be 1 1/2 by this trip. My friend and I had been all excited to be able to take all 3 girls to BBB, but since only the older one can fully experience it, we may nix the idea. Or just hope they'll sprinkle some glitter in their hair and let them join in the pictures!

They will definitely do glitter for anyone and everyone, no worries there. And they give you extra nail polish and the lip gloss things after the experience so you go do a little lip gloss from the stash for everyone. And they have a cute photo studio are MK as well and they will let anyone join in pictures. Or just take pictures of any princesses. They are included in Memory Maker as a bonus.

The products they use are not safe for use on children younger than three.

Yeah you can either try to make it all work with the bigger girl getting the real experience and the others hangers-on. That might work? But yeah, its not for little little girls.

You can also substitute something for the littler ones and make it a special thing for the older.

My daughter would NOT have sat that long, that still, through that much hair pulling at those ages. She did it when she had just turned 6 and it was perfect, she remembers it and loved it and it was "worth it". We made it a mommy daughter thing and my husband and son went and had guy time (I believe they rode the speedway and then did buzz on repeat).

I will say - on my daughter's just-barely-3 trip - my SIL bought a couple cute mickey rhinestone barrettes and a little teeny crown and spent five minutes on a "makeover" in our room before we went to MK and my daughter still felt like a million bucks because the cast members made just as big a deal out of her as any of the BBB kiddos. Plus, it was WAY cheaper and when she wanted the crown off because it hurt and the bun out because it hurt and to wash her lip gloss off it wasn't like we had this whole big investment...it was just, meh, okay! You could do that for all three, and make things age-appropriate, and it might be better if the goal is everyone feeling similarly treated.

Has anyone taken little ones to the salon at Grand Floridian? We are in the same boat for our upcoming trip - we will have a 6 year old and 2 year old. My older daughter went to BBB on our last trip at 3 1/2 and loved it so I know she'll be expecting some kind of princess experience. I was hoping to try that and then hit BBB again in the future when they're both old enough. Does anyone have experience at the GF salon/spa?

For the younger ones you may want to try the Harmony Barber Shop in the Magic Kingdom, Not that expensive (think around $20) and they will do glitter and other things for the hairstyles for your little girls that are not old enough for BBB that is just a special. They do not have an age limit and even offer a Baby's First Haircut Package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter