BG for Ratatouille to be eliminated?

catnik

DIS Veteran
We were at Epcot last week and heard a rumor that BG for Ratatouille would be eliminated once Individual LL went into effect (similar to ROTR). Anyone else hear that?

It wouldn't surprise me if it did. I didn't think BGs would stick around long anyway for Remy's, but definitely makes more sense that they'd want to capitalize on the IA$. I don't see any specific rumors online about it, so guess we'll find out more later today or tomorrow morning.

BG = Boarding Group
IA$ = Individual Attraction Selection, which is now ILL$ (Individual Lightning Lane)
IA$ = Individual Attraction Selection, which is now ILL$ (Individual Lightning Lane for extra dollars per ride, or just a few dollars many times for many rides)
ftfy

We were at Epcot last week and heard a rumor that BG for Ratatouille would be eliminated once Individual LL went into effect (similar to ROTR). Anyone else hear that?
I checked with someone on Twitter that typically has a lot of inside info and he said he wasn't aware of any potential changes. With no official announcement, I would expect the ride continues with a Virtual Queue and ILL$

It makes a lot of sense for them to get rid of the virtual queue, if you're in the queue you feel like you have a great chance to ride it - not what they want if they want everyone to exhaust IAS/ILL purchases. Not to mention high standby numbers are enticing as well.

I was sort of confused that they opened Remy with a VQ honestly, they have a ton of room back there for standby if it ever got crazy - it's unlikely it would ever affect traffic flow around the France pavilion.

I was sort of confused that they opened Remy with a VQ honestly, they have a ton of room back there for standby if it ever got crazy - it's unlikely it would ever affect traffic flow around the France pavilion.

I too was surprised they opened rely with a VQ, but I was there on Oct. 2 and the line spilled all the way out into the main France pavilion area (around 11:45 a.m., when they were boarding groups 38-45 iirc). Eventually they stopped calling new boarding groups for a solid hour to cut the length of the line down, before resuming calling them one at a time for a while. So it is possible for the line to get so long that it impacts the rest of France, and the management of the boarding group system is -- for the time being -- a reasonable way of managing that.

I have never understood BG for 3 hours.. it's a wonder anyone gets one for the first set.

Wouldnt the BG help increase the desire to pay to play.

I have never understood BG for 3 hours.. it's a wonder anyone gets one for the first set.

Wouldnt the BG help increase the desire to pay to play.
It would if it goes quickly, I haven't been back since Remy opened but I have seen that the 1pm VQ sometimes stays available for around 2 hours.

There will always be people that don't want to deal with the VQ at all and just buy it - or go for both.

It would if it goes quickly, I haven't been back since Remy opened but I have seen that the 1pm VQ sometimes stays available for around 2 hours.

There will always be people that don't want to deal with the VQ at all and just buy it - or go for both.
I’ll be one who goes for both. We’re going during a busy week (thanksgiving) and don’t have park passes for Epcot on any days since we like to hop there for evenings. So I won’t risk the VQ having availability after 2 and instead I’ll just buy an evening ILL$ pass to take the stress out of my day. If I can also get a BG, great.

Of course this is assuming VQ is still around by thanksgiving, which I’d honestly be shocked if it is.

Having a VQ really isnt bad if it stays available for most of the day. The true point of a VQ should be crowd management, not to limit access to a low capacity ride.

I'm sure BGs will be the standard going forward. Expect it for Guardians, TRON, and any other new ride that comes down the pike. If RotR is any indication, as long as it's new and popular, every new ride will use BGs until the shine starts to wear off. It's a way to manage the lines until the lines manage themselves.

I'm sure BGs will be the standard going forward. Expect it for Guardians, TRON, and any other new ride that comes down the pike. If RotR is any indication, as long as it's new and popular, every new ride will use BGs until the shine starts to wear off. It's a way to manage the lines until the lines manage themselves.
It'll be interesting to see if BGs are used to control the lines, or the Individual paid LL approach. Or a combination of both at times.

Isn't Remy's the only BG at WDW now?

It'll be interesting to see if BGs are used to control the lines, or the Individual paid LL approach. Or a combination of both at times.

Isn't Remy's the only BG at WDW now?
Yes, it is the only one now. It's also the newest ride in WDW. That's obviously no coincidence.

What we'll probably see going forward is BGs operate as we know they do, and guests will be able to buy in to a BG using the LL system.

Yes, it is the only one now. It's also the newest ride in WDW. That's obviously no coincidence.

What we'll probably see going forward is BGs operate as we know they do, and guests will be able to buy in to a BG using the LL system.
Possibly, MMRR did not have boarding groups when it was opened last year. My guess would be that Disney IT can only handle probably only one BG at a time. Look what happened on 10-1-2021. They had a complete crash of their wifi system when they had queues for merchandise. There wifi is spotty at best. If they offer more queues they need better wifi capacity. Does Cheapek really want to spend that kind of money. Nope!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!