Beware solo travelers who then take a family trip!

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Don't be too used to getting everything your way! I've taken 5 solo trips, and 3 just with DH, who spends his days golfing, so I'm really solo then too. Last week we took our first true family trip in years. For the first couple days I admit I was pretty (OK, VERY) difficult-I even yelled at DH for not ordering "the right way" at American Adventure. Thank goodness my family was good-humored! Then I realized-the reason I was acting like a brat who wanted everything "her" way was because I was used to my solo trips where I can have everything my way-go to whatever resturaunt I want, whatever ride I want, sit when I want, etc. So my apologies to my family, warning to others-please remember when you're solo and when you're not! I promise to wait til December (my next solo trip) to expect to get everything my way at WDW!

I've taken several trips solo, as well as with family and I have to agree it is a big change. When you get so used to going solo, it takes a little bit of time to get used to not doing everything your way. When I went a few years ago with family, it was a little tough at first, but we worked it out so that it was good for everyone. We all went to the parks in the morning together for EE, then they would head for a water park and I would either stay in the park we were in or head for a different one, then meet up back at the resort later in the afternoon. This allowed time together, then time apart so that we did not get on each others nerves.

I can imagine that it would be difficult to adjust to travelling companions when you are used to touring solo. I think I would have a problem with it too.

You made me smile, Simba's Mom. I could just imagine your impatience :)

Thanks goodness my family smiled too! Sometimes I was impatient to go, but sometimes, like after Illuminations, I was impatient to slow down-I love being one of the last ones out of the park, so I kept yelling at my family to relax and not walk so fast. Boy, what a pain I was!

I love my solo trips when I can do whatever I want (which includes so many things that my husband hates). During our trips together, we do whatever he wants. I don't mind since I love everything. Why be anything other than happy in the happiest place in the world?

This is the perfect compromise. I love the time we have together sharing our favorite experiences. As we sleep in or walk by my favorite attractions, I'm not sad since I know I will have a chance to return to commando style touring and ride my favorites over and over during my next solo trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter