Beware of Poachers and Look at the Little Gorillas! January 2019. New update 2/17!

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by disneyAndi14, Feb 1, 2019.

1. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

More fun pictures!
    Andi’s second ride on RnRc, she was into the tongue out this trip, ugh!
    IMG_Feb102019at105648AM.jpg

TSL entrance
    IMG_Feb102019at105625AM.jpg

The Incredible Photo shoot
    IMG_Feb102019at105546AM.jpg
    IMG_Feb102019at105309AM.jpg

Front of the park and the sun made an appearance.
    IMG_Feb102019at105211AM.jpg

Popsicle Wall and TSM queue
    IMG_Feb102019at105144AM.jpg
    IMG_Feb102019at105103AM.jpg
    IMG_Feb102019at104928AM.jpg
    IMG_Feb102019at104958AM.jpg

Andi hanging with the big ball!
    IMG_Feb102019at104739AM.jpg

2. LeiaIsAPrincess2

LeiaIsAPrincess2 Mouseketeer

This winter is the worst! I really wish I'd planned a spring vacation.

I'm totally with you on Gondoughla! I just keep thinking "say it super fast" :rotfl:

disneyAndi14 and MinnieWebster like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders DIS Veteran

OMG! Here too. I just read today that we are getting another 5-8" of snow on Friday. I'm sooooo over it!!!

I love your slow morning at HS. That's exactly how I like to take my Disney days...

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  5. Jenny Sanders

Your HS pictures are really cute caroline!

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  6. xlsm

xlsm Snow White

:rotfl::rotfl:
    My sweet neighbor girl is the same. She's determined to be a vegetarian, but she only eats like three things. Her dad is a pediatrician but she won't listen to him, so her mom took her to a nutritionist. I am curious to see how long it lasts. She's already considering adding fish so, I don't think it'll be a long phase.

I think phone lady and her seatmate are in a fight or something, lol. They both look so mad and bored.

I agree! I thought it was small when I stayed solo, honestly, and it was just me. The second bed was my storage area. The studio at Kidani didn't feel as small with just one bed and the loveseat, so I think those will be my preferred rooms there if DH and I ever stay there again, or if I stay there solo. Otherwise, the resort is so amazing!! It's a shame the rooms are small.

I'm so sorry you guys are having a harsh winter. I have a good friend in North Dakota who is so over it. Even my aunt in northern Missouri is having a terrible winter, so much snow and ice that's just not going away.
    I know I complain about never getting any snow, but I promise it isn't lost on me how lucky we are to not have to deal with it very often.

Yes! I'd love to do EMM or after hours here!

Oh good!! That sounds like it'll be a ride for everyone, since your back is sore and your sister isn't loving anything much more intense than that.

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  7. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

I know, it really has been bad! Our local weather people kept saying oh it’s going to be a mild winter with less snow, what a joke!! We got another 6” of lake effect snow yesterday and another event tomorrow yuck! It looks like you all will be getting the snow tomorrow as well, oh the joy!

Thanks for understanding about the pronunciation of gondola haha!!

LeiaIsAPrincess2 likes this.
  8. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

I am so over all the snow! I know I live in a snowy area, except a person can get sick of it, right?? I may need to move sooner than later.

Our trip was much more laid back and I really enjoyed it!

schumigirl and Jenny Sanders like this.
  9. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

Ahh Thank you, it may have been cooler but no snow!!

Jenny Sanders likes this.
  10. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

Ha! This sounds like Andi! My sister was so worried about her on the trip because she ate very little. I know her eating habits and I wasn’t to concerned but she needs to rethink this diet since she is so picky!
    Yes, good assessment, I thought the same thing, at least she is dressed for Disney!

Wow, after staying at the monorail resorts it was quite a bit smaller. Our room looked like an episode of Hoarders!

I know I shouldn’t complain, since I have lived here my entire life except it does get old! We usually have only a few major storms a winter and this one keeps firing out the snow every few days!

I think the TSL early morning would be fun, as long as it isn’t to crowded!

Yes, Soarin was a good choice. My sister loosens up a little as we go along, lol!

11. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Honestly even a split stay in one of the values to me is more worth it than those early morning flights!

Love all of the TSL and Incredibles pictures!

disneyAndi14 and Jenny Sanders like this.
  12. Jenny Sanders

AMEN!

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  13. missangelalexis

missangelalexis DIS Veteran

I'm sorry winter has been so brutal! Stay warm :(

Sounds like a good morning at DHS! Sometimes it's nice to take it slower! Love all the photos :)

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  14. missjackiemcg

missjackiemcg DIS Veteran

Ugh, it does feel like winter will never end, doesn't it?!

I won't make fun of your Minnesota accent if you won't make fun of my "ChicAHgo" one :D

15. Terra Nova guy

Terra Nova guy DIS Dad #811 Newfoundland, Canada

I feel your pain. It's been very cold here too. Although over the last few weeks we've had this freeze-thaw cycle where the temperature warms up - which is nice - but then the snow partly melts and we get rain, which then re-freezes and makes everything icy. Not fun.

I was a little nervous about Slinky Dog before I rode. I think it's because it's an open coaster and you walk under it, so it seems very high. I wonder if something like BTMRR was exposed, would it seem high too?

:rotfl: I see what you did there.....

Good tip. I had never thought about doing that. I will have to keep it in mind.

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  16. unwritten01

unwritten01 Mouseketeer

Joining in - always great reports!

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  17. cinderaimee

cinderaimee Mouseketeer

Cute TSL pictures! I love the popsicle wall! I didn't manage to get any pictures of it because DH didn't know it was a thing and was always rushing off to the next ride!

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  18. schumigirl

schumigirl It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

I can only imagine how bad your weather is Caroline...….we complain about ours, but it`s nothing to what you guys get!!! Hope it improves soon...….

Your pictures are lovely as always...…so, is the popsicle wall a similar idea to the purple wall???

You get your picture taken in front of it...….I did like the purple one!!!

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  19. d-train

d-train Mouseketeer

Always enjoy reading your trip reports!
    Thanks for sharing again!

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  20. Tracy161

Tracy161 DIS Veteran

Caroline, I've thought about you many times this winter! It's been bad enough here in NY :sad: Here's hoping for an early spring! ::yes::

YAY!!!! Fingers crossed that works out! :thumbsup2

I LOVE regional dialects! Can't wait to meet and hear for myself someday (soon hopefully!) ;)

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  21. Bama Mom

Bama Mom Disney Dreamer

LOL, I'm originally from Illinois but have lived in the south for most of my life, however occasionally that northern accent/pronunciation slips out and hubby or the kids will call me out on it.

MinnieWebster and disneyAndi14 like this.