Beware of Poachers and Look at the Little Gorillas! 3 trips in 1. NEW TR started 8/31/19**

Yes! We went back and forth between Labor Day week and Thanksgiving weekend/first week of December. Ultimately decided on Thanksgiving because it gives us a longer vacation without requiring more vacation days off work, and my parents have not seen WDW at Christmas time yet. They decided to join us this year, which will be their second trip to WDW :love: So excited to show them how WDW does the holidays
I would love to go back then, just not sure if we can swing it! I didn’t think it was overly crowded at all! Probably will be if SW is open.

That's about how I would be as a vegetarian, I don't like most veggies
She lives on rice and beans, lol!

Tuning in. I would love a dole whip right about now. Can't wait to read more.
My brother all of a sudden went vegan 6 months ago, it came out of no where.
welcome and Thank you for joining in! I love the swirl the best, 1/2 vanilla and 1/2 pineapple, yum!
Her college friends are vegetarian so she had to join in!

Oh no, that's not good. At least the food was decent. I must admit I haven't been to Pecos Bills in years, since they switched to the Tex-Mex menu. It just isn't my family's type of food. I thought it was OK way back when they served burgers.
Yeah, the place was in need of a good clean and garbage pick up. The jerk chicken was really good. I think we will skip it now for awhile.

Haha. The families seem to be enjoying it well enough, but the people in the middle...dude with his arms folded obviously doesn't want to be there and the lady who thinks her phone is more interesting than the ride. I don't get those people. Why bother going at all?
I agree, so fun to see what people are doing. Some seem very bored!

Exciting that you spotted Remy and Emile even though you didn't get to meet them. I'm excited for the flagpole character pop-ups in May! I have to see if I can squeeze in a quick MK visit each day to meet some of my favs from Robin Hood, especially!
It was so fun to see them, so cute. I just read about the rare character meets, I love this and it is always fun to meet ones I haven’t yet!

I agree, unfortunately :( We love Pecos Bills, but that place in particular has been disgusting the last two times we've been there!
I know it is sad, I hope WDW gets the message about the declining cleanliness and ups the game!

Oh I remember Dole Whips!!! Loved the "one" I had 11 years ago......lol.....

The folks on your boat are funny!!! One is on her phone, girl beside her looks asleep and the guy behind looks bored!!! Tough crowd for such a fun ride!! You and Andi are the most animated of everyone....well, maybe the guy in the front row too....he looks like he`s having fun!!

I`m sorry you noticed standards of cleanliness had dropped there......that`s never good to hear, and so unnecessary...…

You all look alright for being so exhausted ::yes::...…..glad you got a good sleep though, you must have been shattered.
Andi loves the Dole Whip, I really like the new option with the cake, very yummy

I love looking at these pictures, funny what people do that aren’t aware of a picture, haha!

I was sad to see the decline in the parks cleanliness, I have always loved that part of WDW!

We definitely were exhausted by this point, we should have just had a nice meal at the resort and called it a day!

I will say the parks and the bathrooms did look more dirty this trip and this saddens me so much! I have noticed a decline in the superior cleanliness, I have been so accustomed to at WDW. I do have a few theories, one is staff has been cut and it shows!
Did you submit your observations to Disney? I really hope people are reaching out to them. It’s not fair the prices are increasing and standards are decreasing.

If she's like me, she's probably refreshing for fastpasses like a crazy person :teeth:
Good point...maybe she is. She does have the Minnie outfit one, so maybe she's a super fan like the rest of us.
I did get a FP while I was on the Flying Carpets once, but I do try to enjoy the moment most times I am on a ride.

Did you submit your observations to Disney? I really hope people are reaching out to them. It’s not fair the prices are increasing and standards are decreasing.
I did on the twitter feed, this is the best way, Disney follows social media! I sure hope this improves, it makes me sad!
The prices are getting so high and it is frustrating to see service declining. This should be top notch with the rising prices!

Those travel days and early flights are sooooo hard. I just told Joe recently that I'm done with those pre-dawn flights. I can't handle the waking up that early anymore...I'm just too old.

Those travel days and early flights are sooooo hard. I just told Joe recently that I'm done with those pre-dawn flights. I can't handle the waking up that early anymore...I'm just too old.
I am getting there! I think going the evening before and getting a less expensive room for the 1 night might be the way to go! I know Andi wouldn’t mind, lol!

We used the awesome bus app this whole trip and it worked well for the most part. We had a few times, the app time would say one thing and the actual bus board time would keep changing. Overall I think it is a good option!
We loved it when we were there in October. It just makes things a little better. I know it won't be perfect. I think the busses are fickle in time based on when they have to load up ECV's. That really makes the stop much longer. I wish they had this for the park too. Maybe one day.

We walked in MK and we saw Remy and his brother walking around! I got so distracted with them, I forgot to soak in the awesome Mainstreet atmosphere and the Castle! :rotfl:
It sounds like they are letting the roam a bit more. Which is kind of nice.

She has been since November and to be honest, it was difficult this trip. She is a picky vegetarian and doesn’t even like a lot of veggies so I don’t get it:snooty: I ordered her the kids veggie bowl with rice and beans and a side of queso. She ate some of it, however, she removed the veggies?? Okay whatever!
hmmm. That does make it hard. Although, I am with her on the Zucchini thing... blek.

It was dirty in PB, garbages were overflowing, and the tables were dirty and sticky! The floor was dirty with garbage on it. The food was thumbs up and the atmosphere was thumbs down.
Pecos Bills seems to be super busy these days. We might have to skip it this trip. Columbia Harbor House still seems to be the quietest and cleanest in MK.

We are in the way back, fun to look at people in the picture, to funny!!
img_feb62019at92207am-jpg.380883
That woman in the 3rd row seems totally disintrested in being on the ride. Why do they still have this ride photo? No one know its' there, and they are always terrible!

I love your sweatshirt! Where did you get it?

Chicago was limiting landings because of the weather in order to keep the runways safe. We would take off as soon as the pilot got the okay.
I've never understood why when there is an issue at the airport you are going to they keep you grounded until its fixed. I'm guessing 9 times out of 10 the issue is going to resolved while you are in the air.

Our flight to Orlando boarded on time and we did have about a 40 minute delay on the runway waiting our turn. We were #100 to take off, yikes!
Not too bad considering the weather.

We arrived at the beautiful AKL and tried to figure out where the room was, I was lost and tired so we asked a CM and she said “you are on the Kudu Trail such a beautiful area”. I was so excited because I was sure this is a savanna room! We were upgraded to a full savanna view!
This is so awesome! AKL is amazing regardless of the view, but a savanna upgrade is just icing on the cake!

We used the awesome bus app this whole trip and it worked well for the most part. We had a few times, the app time would say one thing and the actual bus board time would keep changing. Overall I think it is a good option!
We tried to use it last summer and it was never right. Hopefully they've finally gotten it to work.

We walked in MK and we saw Remy and his brother walking around! I got so distracted with them, I forgot to soak in the awesome Mainstreet atmosphere and the Castle! :rotfl:
I'm so loving all the new character they have brought to main street. Beyond needed and long overdue!

Andi has decided to be a vegetarian now:confused3 She has been since November and to be honest, it was difficult this trip. She is a picky vegetarian and doesn’t even like a lot of veggies so I don’t get it:snooty: I ordered her the kids veggie bowl with rice and beans and a side of queso. She ate some of it, however, she removed the veggies?? Okay whatever!
A vegetarian who doesn't eat vegetables? That does sound difficult at best. I'll be interested in what "food" she eats for the rest of the trip.

It was dirty in PB, garbages were overflowing, and the tables were dirty and sticky! The floor was dirty with garbage on it. The food was thumbs up and the atmosphere was thumbs down.
Yuck! The DIS podcast keeps reporting on how service and cleanliness has gone downhill recently Not acceptable at all!

Those early morning flights are just so killer! I'm surprised you guys got in as much as you did!
I am starting to agree with this. We have always flown as early as we can to get the most out of our first day. I’m starting to research later in the day flights the day before our actual trip starts. This would be awesome if it didn’t add to much more expense to our trip! We do normally power through on the first day except it sometimes is like a trance and not as enjoyable!

We loved it when we were there in October. It just makes things a little better. I know it won't be perfect. I think the busses are fickle in time based on when they have to load up ECV's. That really makes the stop much longer. I wish they had this for the park too. Maybe one day
I agree, it is a good approximate time, if you don’t consider it an absolute! I wish the parks had it also, it would be awesome!

It sounds like they are letting the roam a bit more. Which is kind of nice.
Yes, the Country Bears are often roaming around now in Frontier Land!

Pecos Bills seems to be super busy these days. We might have to skip it this trip. Columbia Harbor House still seems to be the quietest and cleanest in MK.
We should have done CHH, I love that place and the hummus sandwich would have worked for Andi. Pecos food was fine the atmosphere was not!!

That does make it hard. Although, I am with her on the Zucchini thing... blek
It does because she really is picky. I see a lot of Mac and cheese and cheese pizza in her future:rotfl:

I love your sweatshirt! Where did you get it?
Thank you! I bought it a few trips back at one of the parks. I can’t remember which one now. It is nice but thin so good for Florida!

I've never understood why when there is an issue at the airport you are going to they keep you grounded until its fixed. I'm guessing 9 times out of 10 the issue is going to resolved while you are in the air.
I never understand why they hurry and board everyone and then announce we aren’t going anywhere for awhile,yuck!! I hate sitting on an airplane any longer than I need to.

This is so awesome! AKL is amazing regardless of the view, but a savanna upgrade is just icing on the cake!
Yes!! This was such a plus since my sister is a huge animal lover and enjoyed our view so much!

We tried to use it last summer and it was never right. Hopefully they've finally gotten it to work.
I’d give it a try again on your next trip, it is a nice approximate especially when your room is far from the bus stop.

I'm so loving all the new character they have brought to main street. Beyond needed and long overdue!
I do love this, I will not admit my age, no no, but I am giddy like a child when I see characters roaming in the parks!

A vegetarian who doesn't eat vegetables? That does sound difficult at best. I'll be interested in what "food" she eats for the rest of the trip.
Call it the young adult phase, yuck!!

Yuck! The DIS podcast keeps reporting on how service and cleanliness has gone downhill recently Not acceptable at all!
It is sad, I sure hope this improves! It has really put a damper on my last few trips because this has always been such a plus touring at WDW.

Day 2, Part 1. “I’m afraid of Slinky Dog”

Hello Everyone! I am trying to be positive but our winter has really been a crap fest since I returned from Florida! We had brutally cold weather and this past week we have received another 14 inches of snow! I really could just cry! I do not see any warmer weather days in our future so yeah it stinks!!

I am still looking for decent airfare at the end of March because I need that trip! I don’t think I can wait unti May! I will keep you all updated on my plans if I am able to swing a trip in March.

Okay, on to happier times! We had a good nights sleep for the most part. I will share a secret with all of you, my sister snores! It did wake me a few times during the night. I guess I have this in my future, lol! My sister is almost 9 years older than me and she loves to tell me what I have in my future, yay, not really!

We didn’t rush to much this morning. I was up and ready first and headed to the Mara for coffee and cream cheese Danishes. I took everyone’s coffee order and returned with fresh “okay” coffee and 2 danishes. We enjoyed the view and had our nutritious breakfast. We did not see much outside at this time, a few large birds.
IMG_Feb102019at90938AM.jpg
Our plans included DHS with SDD, RnRc, and ToT FP.

We took the bus this morning and arrived in the park around 9am after the mile long hike from the bus stop. Wow, the current bus stops are far away! We did notice the Skyliner construction and the new bus stop construction. In my estimation, the new bus stops are still going to be a hike. There was an actual gondola in the station. I forgot to get a picture of it. It did look interesting. Andi, started laughing at me, because I said Gonedoughla”, hey, I am from northern Minnesota, we pronounce everything as it is. Vowels are always a long vowel to me, that is how I grew up! I am sure I sound like an idiot to some, haha! Think the movie Fargo, I do sort of speak like that. Not quite as bad but yeah similar. If it was pronounced the other way it would be spelled Gondala, do you all get it?? Anyways, Andi is not ever going to have a Northern Minnesota accent because she hates it and speaks 2 other languages beautifully so she is constantly correcting me! She has become the mother now, haha! I hope none of you wonderful ladies will make fun of me in May!:chat: Okay now that I have lost some of you, on with the show!!

We headed straight to TSL, this is such a cute area. I love the backyard feel and being shrunk down to toy size. The area was busy as usual. We walked around some and hit the cute restrooms by Woody’s lunchbox. I was wearing my back brace thing and was going to do SDD because it is so smooth! My sister tells me, in the bathroom, she is afraid and doesn’t want to ride. She got a little freaked out on BTMRR last night and is now a little fearful. I did try to explain how smooth and fun it is, however, she still declined.
IMG_Feb102019at105031AM.jpg
Andi and I went on with the FP and we had very little wait, it was so fun! We saw D from the ride and waved to her. Andi went again with D’s FP. I really find this coaster so smooth and enjoyable. I could see riding it over and over. I think the EMM for TSL would be fun if you can get multiple rides on this!
IMG_Feb102019at104548AM.jpg
IMG_Feb102019at104623AM.jpg
IMG_Feb102019at104656AM.jpg
We decided to do TSM next, the wait said 30 minutes. It was exactly 35 minutes for the whole experience, so not to bad. We enjoyed the walk through. So many fun details and Mr. Potato Head is so funny. I rode by myself and did fair! Andi got best in vehicle so that was nice.
IMG_Feb102019at104841AM.jpg IMG_Feb102019at105523AM.jpg
Andi was going to head over to the RnRc FP now. We headed out of TSL and had a picture done at the big Woody, haha!
IMG_Feb102019at105236AM.jpg
D and I headed to the Pixar area and had a picture done here for The Incredibles and saw Frozone and Mr. Incredible doing a little show. Edna Moe was not meeting until 10:30 and it was around 10:00. D did not want to wait for this. She is not big on character meets. We slowly worked our way over to RnRc, looking in some shops along the way. We waited for Andi, she had a fun ride and went again with my magic band.
IMG_Feb102019at105346AM.jpg
IMG_Feb102019at104802AM.jpg
We got a few pretzels and plastic cheese for a snack after her ride. We sat and enjoyed this in the Sunset Boulevard QS area. It had rained very early in the am and had stayed pretty cloudy. It was not to cold today just cloudy. We were so wanting to see some sun:beach:

Andi and D went on Star Tours, I skipped it. We decided to head out after looking in a few more shops! This was a fun morning, however much slower than I am use to and we did not do much! I was okay with this, since, my back was still sore and there was no need to rush around. We skipped our ToT FP. D would not ride this and I was a little nervous with my back. We did make a FP for Soarin in the evening.

We did a picture at the front of the park and headed back to AKL.

I want to add, again, I called mousekeeping before we left and requested mid morning cleanings each day and once again this is what we got. We did not get any surprise security checks. I strongly suggest doing this to all of you reading along so the security checks won’t hinder your stay!!

More pictures in next post...............

Stay tuned for Day 2, Part 2! “Wow that is a lot of crab legs”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter