Beware of Poachers and Look at the Little Gorillas! 3 trips in 1. NEW TR started 8/31/19**

So excited to be following along, I binge read your last TR, and ended up booking a spring break trip lol!
Ahhh Thank you and Welcome to this one! How exciting to have a trip planned! I love all our trips and so many wonderful memories! I’m going back the beginning of May for Flower and Garden, love that time of year!

Hooray for upgrades. When I stayed at AKL we booked the savanna view. It was wonderful. But a little tiring. I kept getting up in the middle of the night to see what animals were outside. LOL!

I agree with the winter we have had so far. And now it will snow every day this week. Blah!
I was so happy, I was nervous we would get a parking lot view, it was a nice surprise! We spent a lot of time watching the animals, it was so fun!

Our winter won’t stop, lol, it is snowing here all week as well, yuck!

Day 1, Part 2. “Are we awake or just going through the motions”

We spent some time enjoying our room, view, and resort before we headed to MK.

I had made our FP+ for BTMRR, 7DMT, and PoTC. I was not planning on the mountains for myself now with my sore back. D and Andi could do the FP+. We used the awesome bus app this whole trip and it worked well for the most part. We had a few times, the app time would say one thing and the actual bus board time would keep changing. Overall I think it is a good option!

We walked in MK and we saw Remy and his brother walking around! I got so distracted with them, I forgot to soak in the awesome Mainstreet atmosphere and the Castle! :rotfl:

I snapped a few pictures of them as they were leaving. We didn’t get to meet them formally, they did wave at us:thumbsup2
IMG_Feb62019at90558AM.jpg
IMG_Feb62019at90522AM.jpg

The park was moderately busy, we headed to Frontier Land for Big Thunder. I decided to jump in line at Pecos Bills while they did the ride. I am not going to lie, I was bummed out I couldn’t ride one of my favorites! PB was packed, I got in line and ordered our food and waited quite awhile. Andi and D were back by the time I got our food, we loaded up on extras at the condiment bar. Andi has decided to be a vegetarian now:confused3 She has been since November and to be honest, it was difficult this trip. She is a picky vegetarian and doesn’t even like a lot of veggies so I don’t get it:snooty: I ordered her the kids veggie bowl with rice and beans and a side of queso. She ate some of it, however, she removed the veggies?? Okay whatever!
IMG_Feb62019at90623AM.jpg
D and I shared the kids nachos and the jerk chicken wraps. The chicken wraps were so good, the seasoning on the chicken was jerk like and very flavorful. The slaw with the chicken was tasty and the lettuce wraps were fresh and crispy. We both enjoyed these and the nachos, Andi had some chips with her queso and ate very little of her bowl. The main veggie was zucchini and she dislikes that. I was a little disappointed in our surroundings. It was dirty in PB, garbages were overflowing, and the tables were dirty and sticky! The floor was dirty with garbage on it. The food was thumbs up and the atmosphere was thumbs down.
Jerk Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
IMG_Feb62019at90706AM.jpg
I will say the parks and the bathrooms did look more dirty this trip and this saddens me so much! I have noticed a decline in the superior cleanliness, I have been so accustomed to at WDW. I do have a few theories, one is staff has been cut and it shows! Okay on to happier things!

It was time for our Pirates FP, I decided to go and just brace myself after the drop when the boat jerks around. It was a fun ride and D loved it. We are in the way back, fun to look at people in the picture, to funny!!
IMG_Feb62019at92207AM.jpg
It was time for a treat from aloha isle. D and I shared the pineapple upside down cake with a swirl of vanilla and pineapple dolwhip. Andi had a traditional dole whip. We sat at the exit of the Tiki Room and enjoyed our treats. D told me she felt dizzy during BTMRR and didn’t want to ride 7DMT tonight. I think we were all walking around in a trancelike state at this point. The 3am wake up and the long travel day was getting to us all. Tonight was probably the warmest night we had, boo, for being so tired!
IMG_Feb62019at90759AM.jpg
IMG_Feb62019at91038AM.jpg
IMG_Feb62019at91001AM.jpg
We decided to head out after our treat. It was EMH from 8-10pm and we didn’t even make it to 8!
We took a few pictures by the AP sign, why I don’t know:rotfl:and headed out.
IMG_Feb62019at90911AM.jpg
IMG_Feb62019at90844AM.jpg

A bus came quickly and we settled into our room. Suitcases from DME had arrived, yay!

AKL is a beautiful resort but the rooms are small and storage for suitcases and clothes for 3 people is challenging! We worked it out as best as we could and said good night to the animals and sleep came fast this night.:faint:

Day 1 in the books!
Stay tuned for Day 2, Part 1. “I’m scared of Slinky Dog”

Stinks that you couldn't get on BTMRR and that Pecos Bills was so disappointing! But at least you could enjoy your dole whips- yum! I can imagine you all were very tired after such a long day!

I sadly cannot agree more about the cleanliness or lack thereof. I've been going for fifteen years and its really sad.

Love the pictures! My DD22 did the vegetarian thing for awhile too lol

About 10 minutes before our arrival at AKL, I got the room ready text and it said 3377. I knew I had requested a partial savanna view in the 3’s so figured this was it, I was so relieved!
A nice early room ready text!

We were upgraded to a full savanna view! The room was to the left of the check in area and straight down, it was fairly far but not bad. Our room was in a nice quiet area! We were not close to the Mara or pool but the views and quietness made this okay!
Wonderful upgrade!!

We walked in MK and we saw Remy and his brother walking around! I got so distracted with them, I forgot to soak in the awesome Mainstreet atmosphere and the Castle! :rotfl:
I would be distracted by them too!

Andi has decided to be a vegetarian now:confused3 She has been since November and to be honest, it was difficult this trip. She is a picky vegetarian and doesn’t even like a lot of veggies so I don’t get it:snooty: I ordered her the kids veggie bowl with rice and beans and a side of queso. She ate some of it, however, she removed the veggies?? Okay whatever!
Oh no! What does she like in veggie options? I can see how that would make dining very difficult.

A bus came quickly and we settled into our room. Suitcases from DME had arrived, yay!
That is a cute pic! Did Andi get new glasses?I am sure you were all ready for a good sleep!

I see your ticker shows a Thanksgiving Trip, I am toying with a trip then with Andi on her school break! We went in 2017 and loved it at this time.

Yes! We went back and forth between Labor Day week and Thanksgiving weekend/first week of December. Ultimately decided on Thanksgiving because it gives us a longer vacation without requiring more vacation days off work, and my parents have not seen WDW at Christmas time yet. They decided to join us this year, which will be their second trip to WDW :love: So excited to show them how WDW does the holidays

She is a picky vegetarian and doesn’t even like a lot of veggies so I don’t get it:snooty: I ordered her the kids veggie bowl with rice and beans and a side of queso. She ate some of it, however, she removed the veggies?? Okay whatever!

That's about how I would be as a vegetarian, I don't like most veggies :rotfl2:

Tuning in. I would love a dole whip right about now. Can't wait to read more.
My brother all of a sudden went vegan 6 months ago, it came out of no where.

I was a little disappointed in our surroundings. It was dirty in PB, garbages were overflowing, and the tables were dirty and sticky! The floor was dirty with garbage on it. The food was thumbs up and the atmosphere was thumbs down.
Oh no, that's not good. At least the food was decent. I must admit I haven't been to Pecos Bills in years, since they switched to the Tex-Mex menu. It just isn't my family's type of food. I thought it was OK way back when they served burgers.

We are in the way back, fun to look at people in the picture, to funny!!
Haha. The families seem to be enjoying it well enough, but the people in the middle...dude with his arms folded obviously doesn't want to be there and the lady who thinks her phone is more interesting than the ride. I don't get those people. Why bother going at all?

Exciting that you spotted Remy and Emile even though you didn't get to meet them. I'm excited for the flagpole character pop-ups in May! I have to see if I can squeeze in a quick MK visit each day to meet some of my favs from Robin Hood, especially!

I have noticed a decline in the superior cleanliness, I have been so accustomed to at WDW. I do have a few theories, one is staff has been cut and it shows! Okay on to happier things!
I agree, unfortunately :( We love Pecos Bills, but that place in particular has been disgusting the last two times we've been there!

Oh I remember Dole Whips!!! Loved the "one" I had 11 years ago......lol.....

The folks on your boat are funny!!! One is on her phone, girl beside her looks asleep and the guy behind looks bored!!! Tough crowd for such a fun ride!! You and Andi are the most animated of everyone....well, maybe the guy in the front row too....he looks like he`s having fun!!

I`m sorry you noticed standards of cleanliness had dropped there......that`s never good to hear, and so unnecessary...…

You all look alright for being so exhausted ::yes::...…..glad you got a good sleep though, you must have been shattered.

Haha. The families seem to be enjoying it well enough, but the people in the middle...dude with his arms folded obviously doesn't want to be there and the lady who thinks her phone is more interesting than the ride. I don't get those people. Why bother going at all?

If she's like me, she's probably refreshing for fastpasses like a crazy person :teeth:

Stinks that you couldn't get on BTMRR and that Pecos Bills was so disappointing! But at least you could enjoy your dole whips- yum! I can imagine you all were very tired after such a long day!
I know, I missed many a ride this trip, did get on some favorites so that was a plus!
The pineapple upside down cake is a favorite of mine, we called it right leaving when we did, just very tired!
We always do a park day on arrival, I can see the reason people don’t sometimes!

I sadly cannot agree more about the cleanliness or lack thereof. I've been going for fifteen years and its really sad.

Love the pictures! My DD22 did the vegetarian thing for awhile too lol
I know, makes me sad, I love WDW and hope this improves!
The vegetarian thing is putting a damper on the Disney trips, lol!

Oh no! What does she like in veggie options? I can see how that would make dining very difficult.
I really don’t know, she likes a salad once in awhile and broccoli that’s about it, haha!

I would be distracted by them too!
It is unusual to see rare characters so I get really excited!

That is a cute pic! Did Andi get new glasses?I am sure you were all ready for a good sleep!
Very observant, she did, I’m not sure if I like the new glasses?? I was so use to the other ones. She has big blues no matter glasses or not, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter