Beware of Poachers and Look at the Little Gorillas! 3 trips in 1. NEW TR started 8/31/19**

Woohoo, I've been waiting for this though they way you all are dressed has be crossing my fingers for warmer weather for our trip in just a few weeks. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Yay!!!

I love to read of your exploits with Andi.......

Sorry to hear you hurt your back and knee......I’m sure you still managed to have a wonderful trip though....looking forward to reading more about this one.........and your sister joined you too!! How lovely........

You can really see how much Andi resembles you in that picture with all three of you.......::yes::
Hi Carole,
Thanks for joining in
I had a slower trip this time around, it was still a nice time!
Sometimes I don’t see our resemblance at all and then a picture of Andi and I really shows it! She is lucky to have her dad’s smile, mine isn’t near as nice, lol!

Can't wait to hear about your trip! So nice that your sister went with you :love:

Sorry to hear about your injury! Hope you are feeling better and Disney wasn't took hard on you.
Welcome Sam, thanks for joining in! It was a cold trip much different than our August one! I certainly could have done without the darn back injury but I made it!

Joining in.. we were there the week before you
Yay, Welcome, How was your weather? We hit a cold week unfortunately!

I'm here! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Hi Cloe, Welcome and thanks for joining in, it was a different type of trip for us but still fun!

Here for another great read!
Welcome Lessa, Thanks for joining in!

I am hear!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Yay! So glad to have you here, Welcome Ariella!

Love reading your reports, joining in!
Thank you and Welcome, very glad to have you here!

Yay! Another trip report!
Welcome and thank you so much for joining in!

Your future roomie is here too!
Yay! I can’t wait to meet you and hang out at our awesome resorts, thanks to you!!

Yay! I can't wait for your next installment
Welcome and Thank you for joining in, Travel Day coming up soon!

Popping over from your last TR. looking forward to reading more. Sorry about your injuries but I am sure you made the best of the situation.
Welcome and Thank you for joining in! The injury to my back did put a damper on the trip as you will see, but not terrible!

Yay, another trip report! I've read your other reports but never commented. My daughter and I took many trips to Disney and left the boys at home. She's 24 and doing the adulting thing so we don't get away together very often anymore. I'll be there next week (part solo trip, part with hubby) and hopefully will get back in August with my daughter. Looking forward to reading all about your trip.
Ahh Thank you and Welcome, so glad you decided to say hi! I’m afraid my trips with Andi May be less and less with her College schedule. She will be studying abroad in about a year and going in different directions! I hope we can still go at least 1x a year for a few more years! I hope you have an awesome trip next week and I hope your weather is much warmer than ours!

Following along ! I haven't quite caught up with your earlier trips, but I'll get there.
You two are an awesome pair, and Andi is so lucky to have a mom who shares her love for all things Mouse.
Thank you so much and glad you are joining in! Andi is very lucky, lol! She is always so very thankful for the trips her mom books!

Hurray! I was looking at the weather in Florida this week and thinking of you on your trip. Even though it was chilly and busy, I am sure you had am amazing time! Can't wait to hear all about it! :)
Hi Susan,
Thank you for joining in. It definitely was much cooler than I am use to in Florida! It was okay I just wish it would have been more sunny and warmer! It was a different type of trip for us but still fun!

Welcome back! So excited to read all about your latest adventure. :thumbsup2 I was thinking about you a lot these last few days - how have you been doing with the weather? It's been consistently in the negative digits here in NY, but only barely so.

She will be thrilled when she's older!!!

And, consequently, the rest of us too, thankfully! ::yes::::yes::
Hi Tracy,
Our weather here was frigid while we were gone, like scary cold, -30 air temp!! It sounds like upstate NY was getting a lot of snow!
I keep telling Andi, it is fine to look younger than you are, lol!
She loves watching all the you tube videos on the latest WDW happenings! I have to say some of these videos are very fun to watch especially in the doldrums of winter!

I'm here!!!! So sorry to hear you hurt your knee. That really stinks! But, I can't WAIT to hear about this trip!!!!
Hi Jenny! So glad to have you joining in, love all your comments! Yes my back and knee injuries put a damper on the trip but I persevered and toured WDW as best I could!

Back for your newest adventure!!
Yay! So nice to have you here Samantha! Welcome! Your weather in early January was much better than ours!

Yay! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Welcome! So nice to have you joining in!

Following along!
Welcome and glad to have you joining in!

Joining in from here in Mn also. Hopefully you survived the deep freeze this week. I live in Monticello MN.
Hello fellow Minnesotan! We live in Duluth, sometimes I wonder why, lol! The night we got back was -30 for an air temp, yuck!! Thanks for joining in!

Woohoo, I've been waiting for this though they way you all are dressed has be crossing my fingers for warmer weather for our trip in just a few weeks. Can't wait to hear all about it!
Hi Kari! So glad to have you here! I’m sure the weather will be much warmer for you all! We use to always go in the middle of February and 90% of the time our weather was beautiful! We just hit a cold week along with the majority of the country!

Can't wait to hear about your latest trip! So sorry to hear about your injury, it's been a rough winter here already!

Can't wait to hear about your latest trip! So sorry to hear about your injury, it's been a rough winter here already!
Thank you for joining in, yes it has been an extreme winter, even for us Minnesotans! We have had so much ice around here it is awful! It may have been cold in Florida but there was no ice or snow and the walkways were dry!

Day 1, Part 1, “We can see Zebras from our bed”

Today was Disney Day! We had an early flight from our hometown. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 6:16am. We had a layover in Chicago and would leave there at 10:15am. I did get an alert from the airline, the night before, stating winter weather in Chicago could be a problem, reschedule if you want without a fee! We really couldn’t do that without losing a whole day, so we hoped for the best.

We got to the airport around 5:15am and our little airport was busy, we still got through security quickly, Thank you TSA precheck!! I was watching the Chicago weather and it looked like rain and we didn’t get any further alerts so I thought we were in the clear. We boarded the airplane right on time and then the dreaded announcement from the pilot came overhead. Chicago was limiting landings because of the weather in order to keep the runways safe. We would take off as soon as the pilot got the okay. He did say it would be at least an hour or more! They said we could get off the plane if we wanted. Andi tried to sleep and my sister and I went to get some water and coffee and use the restroom.

We actually got the okay to lift off at 7:52 so approximately a 90 minute delay. The flight to Chicago is literally an up and down flight. You reach cruising altitude for 10 minutes then start the descent. It is only a little over an hour flight. We still had plenty of time to get to our gate for Orlando. Several nurse friends of mine were on this flight so it was fun visiting with them for a little while. We landed without problems in Chicago and had a decent walk to our new gate area. I was wearing a support back brace thing and this did help. We picked up a few snacks, no Chicago deep dish or WGP for me this morning.

Our flight to Orlando boarded on time and we did have about a 40 minute delay on the runway waiting our turn. We were #100 to take off, yikes! Our flight was fine, a few bumps along the way but not bad. I read for awhile and tried to nap some. We were about 30 minutes late landing, so not bad!
We got on the fake o rail and headed to DME. This is where Andi, the Disney veteran and know it all, made a critical error. She took us the wrong way to DME, we needed to be on the B side and we were on A. I should have spoke up because I knew we needed to be on B, I just assumed she knew another way, :confused3 we had to back track quite a bit, oh well chalk it up to the 3am wake up call. We did make it to DME, scanned in and sitting on the bus by about 3pm. I hadn’t received a text yet for our room and I have anxiety now because of our original room assignment at WL in August :guilty: I was so worried we would get a horrible room. About 10 minutes before our arrival at AKL, I got the room ready text and it said 3377. I knew I had requested a partial savanna view in the 3’s so figured this was it, I was so relieved!
upload_2019-2-3_11-10-13.jpeg

upload_2019-2-3_11-11-52.jpeg
We arrived at the beautiful AKL and tried to figure out where the room was, I was lost and tired so we asked a CM and she said “you are on the Kudu Trail such a beautiful area”. I was so excited because I was sure this is a savanna room! We were upgraded to a full savanna view! The room was to the left of the check in area and straight down, it was fairly far but not bad. Our room was in a nice quiet area! We were not close to the Mara or pool but the views and quietness made this okay!
upload_2019-2-3_11-13-5.jpeg

upload_2019-2-3_11-14-27.jpeg
Here are some room and savanna view pictures!
upload_2019-2-3_11-17-49.jpeg

upload_2019-2-3_11-18-58.jpeg

upload_2019-2-3_11-20-8.jpeg

upload_2019-2-3_11-21-17.jpeg

upload_2019-2-3_11-22-49.jpeg

IMG_Feb32019at112740AM.jpg

I will show a few more room pictures in my next post! We literally could see the zebras right from the bed. Andi and I decided to share a bed and give D her own bed. Andi and I got the bed closest to the deck, very nice!

Stay tuned for a trip to MK. Day 1, Part 2 “Are we awake or going through the motions”

Our flight was fine, a few bumps along the way but not bad. I read for awhile and tried to nap some. We were about 30 minutes late landing, so not bad!

What a relief! That would have been anxiety provoking not knowing for sure when or if the flight was a go. One of the reasons I try and avoid winter travel, stresses me out too much! :laughing: How nice though that despite the delay you only landed 30 minutes late!

We were upgraded to a full savanna view! The room was to the left of the check in area and straight down, it was fairly far but not bad. Our room was in a nice quiet area!

How wonderful! I have heard that AKL does try to upgrade people to savanna views if they have empty rooms. Looks like you got some wonderful pixie dust. :wizard:

I am new to your TRs but following! I love that you and your daughter go together- I wish my mom wanted to go to WDW with me like that!

What a relief! That would have been anxiety provoking not knowing for sure when or if the flight was a go. One of the reasons I try and avoid winter travel, stresses me out too much! :laughing: How nice though that despite the delay you only landed 30 minutes late!
It is stressful, we have many a delay and even cancellation on our winter trips, we live in such a cold and snowy area so it is a risk I am willing to take to get the heck out of here for a little while! We were very lucky with our flight days as you will see at the end of our trip.:thumbsup2

How wonderful! I have heard that AKL does try to upgrade people to savanna views if they have empty rooms. Looks like you got some wonderful pixie dust.
I couldn’t believe it, I did send a fax requesting if at all possible a partial savanna view and how beautiful the resort is, maybe it helped? I was so happy with our pixie dust. I do agree with you, the lighting does stink at the vanity area in the room. I remember reading about that in your report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter