Beware of Poachers and Look at the Little Gorillas! 3 trips in 1. NEW TR started 8/31/19**

Planes, Monorails, Buses, Boats, and Lyft!!

I am patiently waiting for the SWGE previews to drop, nothing yet!! I thought I would review our logistics for the August trip.

We will be flying in from Minneapolis, nonstop flight from Delta. Andi’s ticket is free this trip, yay! We will picking up our own luggage, boo! Since we are heading to Portofino Bay at Universal, we won’t be using ME on this portion of the trip.

We will be using Lyft from the handy app. I have found Lyft to be very useful on our recent trips. It works well, is relatively inexpensive, and very easy to use! A tip for people thinking about using it: Give it a try and you will, most likely within 24 hours of trying it, get a promo rate of 50% off for the next 10 rides. This is really perfect for vacation time! This has happened to us several times now and we really make use of this. If you give your driver 5 stars, this will also, usually, drop a promo rate as well! We plan to use Lyft through out our 11 day trip!
The boat will be our mode of transport at Universal! It will take us all around the resort and security is done here, easy peasy!
We have never used a bus at Universal, however, these are available for the moderate and value resorts.

Haha! This is the gif for Gondolas!
We will use the boats, dare I say Gondolas?, and monorail as our main modes of transport at Disney! The buses will be used much less this trip. I do not hate the buses at Disney, however you do need to add extra time to get to your destinations for sure! I really want to try the Gondolas at least once. I thought the morning we are in Epcot and will head to HS, we could try the Gondola, if it is up and running.

413009Resort stays!
YC will be our resort for the first part of our Disney trip! I am excited for Andi to stay here for the first time. I really enjoyed it on my Epic trip in May.
Pros: Close to Epcot and HS, newly refurbished rooms, beautiful lobby, fun pool area, many different places to eat, a bustling and fun Boardwalk area, balcony, and different modes of transportation not just buses!
Cons: Long hallways, most standard rooms are “miles from lobby with rooftop views and can be noisy if conventions are going on.

GF resort, this will be our home for the second half of our stay.
Pros: monorail resort with MK as first stop! Literally less than 5 minute ride over. Boats are also an option to MK. Rooms are a nice size, most all have very nice views. Beds are very comfortable. Rooms are usually nice and quiet. Many restaurant choices. Lovely walkway to Poly. Great view of HEA and EWP every night. The lobby is beautiful and nightly music from the band or piano. Basin is in the lobby, hello, this is awesome!!
Cons: Buses can be slow, pool is not as nice as YC, for us it doesn’t matter, we don’t usually swim or use the pool area. Andi has a pool phobia even at Disney! I seriously can’t think of anything else!

Food Thoughts!
Tried and true places for us our Garden Grill, Bon Voyage, Yak and Yeti, Sanaa, Sci-Fi, Via Napoli, Satuli, and Captain Cooks.

Trying and not quite sure because of iffy reviews is Tony’s, however, we will give it a try again. We didn’t hate our meal here several years ago. It was the loud and chaotic atmosphere that turned us off.

We need to try a few new places and I know those will be made on the trip.

If anyone is still reading along, give me some examples of your favorite places if not on my list above!

Stay tuned for the SWGE saga, do we get previews, do we miss out, are the previews even during our stay, does my phone or IPad malfunction on that day, do we only get to glance at it from SDD, etc................

I will also show our new cool magic bands and some new outfits I have for this trip.................

Stay tuned!

Definitely, we can text our plans to each other!
Yes! Eeeeee I'm getting so excited!!! We're really getting close. Tomorrow we can say "next month!" :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Andi is home this weekend and she thought it was hilarious her mom wore a Lilo dress to work and all my coworkers thought I was Minnie Mouse, haha!
:rotfl:

I have showed her our plans and she is excited! Now if Disney would drop the SWGE previews!!
I'm so glad! I'm so excited to meet you both :hug: Oh I know it! I'm both excited and stressed out thinking about it :laughing:

I know our therapists at work help people with this all the time! There is a certain exercise you can do that is suppose to really help, maybe you know this already. If not I will get specifics for you! I’m sorry you have had it several more times! Hope the ENT has some good solutions.
Thank you so much! When I was at Disney and so sick, I tried YouTubing the Epley maneuver but it didn't work. I did visit a PT when I got back home but the exercise he did on me didn't work either. Hopefully I can get some good solutions next month at my appointment :thumbsup2

I have found Lyft to be very useful on our recent trips. It works well, is relatively inexpensive, and very easy to use!
I do remember you mentioning this on your TRs before and I'm always so hopeful about trying it out - maybe I'll have occasion to in August! I'm so happy to know it's so easy and relatively inexpensive. Just one more reason I love the Dis - I'm always borrowing tips from friends!

I have a list of people I know visiting in August so I know who to text once I hear! I have both of you, Su-Lynn, and Molly (though I think she's not visiting until after previews will be done).
You know the sad part about living here? I want to visit with everyone I know who comes down and I just don't think it's possible. :sad:

Thank you!! I sure hope we get in SWGE!
Originally, I had no desire to go anywhere near it for several months since it will be so crazy, but if I can get a preview, I'm going to give that a shot.

This would be perfect, maybe we can all be in a log together or close to it!!
I might be able to join you (if that's okay)

agree, Lesley, you are the best with this type of stuff!!
I wish I had more time to follow all the TRs and glean all the knowledge of others.

It would be so nice to get a preview slot, we have never been at a time to take advantage of any AP previews or park events. I keep changing things around, 😅 a little harder now that FP are secured, I’m still unsure about those and may change a few things. I enjoy finding some silly gifs since most of you have seen my trip pictures!!
You can always miss a FP (or modify it) if you get a preview.

Yes! Eeeeee I'm getting so excited!!! We're really getting close. Tomorrow we can say "next month!" :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Can't imagine the excitement. Glad you school schedule isn't killing you now.

Thank you so much! When I was at Disney and so sick, I tried YouTubing the Epley maneuver but it didn't work. I did visit a PT when I got back home but the exercise he did on me didn't work either. Hopefully I can get some good solutions next month at my appointment :thumbsup2
I didn't know you were sick or having problems...haven't gone back to read what's up, but it's okay...I don't have to know...praying.

I do remember you mentioning this on your TRs before and I'm always so hopeful about trying it out - maybe I'll have occasion to in August! I'm so happy to know it's so easy and relatively inexpensive. Just one more reason I love the Dis - I'm always borrowing tips from friends!
That's one of the real advantages of living here...don't need Uber or Lyft. Depending on where/when/whatever, I might be able to help.

I'm watching for the Star Wars previews like a hawk right along with you. Selfishly I hope it comes out next week since we are on vacation and I am up my stalking factor. I can't have my phone at work and spend most of my days in meetings away from a computer, but after Wednesday I am on some much needed vacation.

So jealous of your deluxe stays in August. I so wanted to do it, but we're trying to save up for a possible Disneyland/Hawaii trip for next year so its the moderate life for us.

And thanks for the lyft tip. We usually take uber but I'm all for 50% off if we can get it.

As far as food goes, I don't remember but have your tried Nomads. Its a great place in AK to grab a drink (they make everything in non-alcoholic version for Andi too) and have some appetizers while you soak in the AC. Jaleo may be another fun place to check out. We have one here in DC and absolutely love it. I'd think tapas would totally be your and Andi's style

Andi’s ticket is free this trip, yay!
Nice! Free is the best!
I have found Lyft to be very useful on our recent trips.
::yes:: agreed!

:lmao:
I really want to try the Gondolas at least once.
Me too. Should be up and running in time for SWGE. It looked almost ready to go in May.
Trying and not quite sure because of iffy reviews is Tony’s, however, we will give it a try again. We didn’t hate our meal here several years ago. It was the loud and chaotic atmosphere that turned us off.
It's definitely chaotic. And the food is also definitely "meh", although my DD loved it.
Go in not expecting much and you may be pleased.
If anyone is still reading along, give me some examples of your favorite places if not on my list above!
Hmmm...
DHS - 50s Prime Time.
MK - Starting to like Plaza more and more.
Epcot... Oh, Lord. Too much to choose from.
AK... no real fave for sit down dinner. Heard Tiffins is good, though.

Since you're going to Universal--have you ever tried the BreadBox in CityWalk? My daughter and her friend, both 16 last summer when we traveled, LOVED it. They said the tater tots were the best. We also loved the sandwiches and they had cute porch swing seats instead of traditional booth seating inside. Here's a pic of the girls sitting in porch swing . . .

Can't imagine the excitement. Glad you school schedule isn't killing you now.
Thank you! You and me both ::yes::

I didn't know you were sick or having problems...haven't gone back to read what's up, but it's okay...I don't have to know...praying.
Aww thank you so much :hug: I had a horrendous case of vertigo on my last trip that kept me locked up in my hotel for the final portion. I've had it a couple times since, but not as severe. I'm anxious to find some solutions at my appointment next month so I don't have to fret over my August trip!

That's one of the real advantages of living here...don't need Uber or Lyft. Depending on where/when/whatever, I might be able to help.
:hug: You're amazing! My goal is to live near Disney... someday :rolleyes: Until then, I'm stuck in NY... where I absolutely love it from May-October, and absolutely hate it from November to April :rotfl:

Aww thank you so much :hug: I had a horrendous case of vertigo on my last trip that kept me locked up in my hotel for the final portion. I've had it a couple times since, but not as severe. I'm anxious to find some solutions at my appointment next month so I don't have to fret over my August trip!
As you (or someone) mentioned the other day...
Now you can say NEXT MONTH!
I presume you already have, but I looked up natural remedies vertigo and found several.

:hug: You're amazing! My goal is to live near Disney... someday :rolleyes: Until then, I'm stuck in NY... where I absolutely love it from May-October, and absolutely hate it from November to April
As I've told several folks who live in areas with snow...I'll visit you in the SUMMER!
Living near Disney is great. I can go now and even if I don't ride anything, still have fun. The hardest part is wanting to visit with all the friends from the Dis and not being able to go meet everyone. For the epic girls trip, I was only able to manage a few hours on a couple different days and that stunk...many of the girls I'd been wanting to meet and get to know a little better, just simply didn't have enough time. :sad:

I hope you are able to ride the gondolas when you are there! Sounds like they are really making progress with them!!

I love the breakfast at Cape May Cafe! Can't recall if you have done that one already!

Hope they announce the previews soon, maybe tomorrow? seems like they always announce big things on Tuesdays?

I can't remember if you have Skipper's Canteen on your list, but I really enjoyed our meal there.

Hmmm, you hit a lot of my favorites. What about Homecomin' I would say D'Luxe Burger but sharing a burger with Andi could be problematic...

Stay tuned for the SWGE saga, do we get previews, do we miss out, are the previews even during our stay, does my phone or IPad malfunction on that day, do we only get to glance at it from SDD, etc................
Ugh, when are they going to release the sign ups!?!?! They are killing me! At this point I just want to know!!!

I am patiently waiting for the SWGE previews to drop, nothing yet!! I thought I would review our logistics for the August trip.
Let me know your dates. If possible, I'll like to see y'all again. I know you liked it...does Andi like cheesecake?

We will be flying in from Minneapolis, nonstop flight from Delta. Andi’s ticket is free this trip, yay! We will picking up our own luggage, boo! Since we are heading to Portofino Bay at Universal, we won’t be using ME on this portion of the trip.
Free is good!

We have never used a bus at Universal, however, these are available for the moderate and value resorts.

I didn't realize they took hamsters as gondoliers. And GIANT hamsters. Maybe there's hope for me if I need extra income.

YC will be our resort for the first part of our Disney trip! I am excited for Andi to stay here for the first time. I really enjoyed it on my Epic trip in May.
YC is one of the few DVC resorts I haven't stayed at yet.

GF resort, this will be our home for the second half of our stay.
Pros: monorail resort with MK as first stop! Literally less than 5 minute ride over. Boats are also an option to MK. Rooms are a nice size, most all have very nice views. Beds are very comfortable. Rooms are usually nice and quiet. Many restaurant choices. Lovely walkway to Poly. Great view of HEA and EWP every night. The lobby is beautiful and nightly music from the band or piano. Basin is in the lobby, hello, this is awesome!!
Dang, you got 2 of the 4. Poly and Aluani are the other 2.

Sorry for my PM, but you scared me with this...I thought you already got the notification of the previews being open.

So excited you are doing this. When I saw it announced I put it on my list of things to do on future trips! You will have to let me know how it goes...
I am too! I was glad to see this was an option! Andi laughed and said we are terrible artists, so true but it will still be fun! :rotfl:

Yes! Eeeeee I'm getting so excited!!! We're really getting close. Tomorrow we can say "next month!
We can say it now, yay!!:lovestruc
I'm so glad! I'm so excited to meet you both :hug: Oh I know it! I'm both excited and stressed out thinking about it
It will be so much fun, I really want to get a spot for the preview!
Hopefully I can get some good solutions next month at my appointment :thumbsup2
Fingers crossed and positive thoughts being sent your way!!
Lyft really is so nice, we have had very nice drivers and it is so simple to use!
Originally, I had no desire to go anywhere near it for several months since it will be so crazy, but if I can get a preview, I'm going to give that a shot.
I hope we get in!!
I might be able to join you (if that's okay)
Sure anytime, text me and we can meet up
You can always miss a FP (or modify it) if you get a preview.
I sure will if I get a preview!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter