Beware of Poachers and Look at the Little Gorillas! 3 trips in 1. NEW TR started 8/31/19**

I thought the new rooms were very nice. There is so much storage space and it was bright and refreshed.
I like the look of the new POP rooms. I'm not sure how I feel about the Murphy bed, if I had my family of 4 there. I only experienced a Murphy bed in the Art of Animation family suite, so there was a lot more room of course. But they do seem to have taken storage into consideration with the new POP rooms.

Andi said the burger was so good, the best one she has had in awhile, yay! Mine was just fine. I failed to get pictures of the food.
I find Disney QS burgers just "fine" pretty much every where. It was the same at All-Star Music. They were OK. I always find them a bit dry. But I do like burgers so that's why I keep ordering them.

Interested to hear about the crowds :crowded: You've probably heard me say boy but Spring Break is the one time I'll never go back. Well, never say never lol!

Pop is good for one night, I'd pick there over an All Star for a night. I agree though those value food courts get nuts! We had the one night at ASMo in January and were in the food court at 11:45, so 15 minutes before closing. It was like the last day food was going to be available on earth :laughing:

I like the look of the new POP rooms. I'm not sure how I feel about the Murphy bed, if I had my family of 4 there. I only experienced a Murphy bed in the Art of Animation family suite, so there was a lot more room of course. But they do seem to have taken storage into consideration with the new POP rooms.
The Murphy bed was queen size and quite comfortable per Andi. I was surprised how much storage has been built into these rooms and the TV was newer and bigger than the one at AKL

I find Disney QS burgers just "fine" pretty much every where. It was the same at All-Star Music. They were OK. I always find them a bit dry. But I do like burgers so that's why I keep ordering them.
I agree, the burgers can be dry, this one was actually pretty decent, I think the bacon and the mayonnaise helped! I was impressed with the cm’s and the way they kept the line moving and how they made the veggie burger to order. I have not been in a line like that in ages, we found that the theme this week especially with quick service.

Interested to hear about the crowds :crowded: You've probably heard me say boy but Spring Break is the one time I'll never go back. Well, never say never lol!

Pop is good for one night, I'd pick there over an All Star for a night. I agree though those value food courts get nuts! We had the one night at ASMo in January and were in the food court at 11:45, so 15 minutes before closing. It was like the last day food was going to be available on earth :laughing:
I remember your report from last year, crowds were heavy, the biggest waits we had were food lines, the quick service meals. Epcot was not to bad and we spent a fair amount of time there.

I love your analogy about the food being the last amount left on this earth haha! It fit the scenario perfectly.
That line was crazy for the food, ugh!
We loved CSR, you were right about this resort it was quite enjoyable even with the construction and spread out resort!

March 25th, Our first full day at Disney!

We woke up refreshed after a quiet and comfortable night of sleep.

I had a decent cup of coffee and got ready for the day. We wanted to spend the morning at Epcot and sample some F&G booths.

We called Bell Service and had our luggage picked up for transfer to Coronado and said our goodbyes to the resort before calling a Lyft to Epcot.

We used Lyft a fair amount this trip, I had 10 trips at 50% off on the app and this made it very affordable.

We were at Epcot in no time and the security lines weren’t half bad, for a change. It was so nice to be back at a Disney Park, the weather was very nice, and the crowds not horrible.
IMG_Apr42019at81536PM.jpg
Our first stop was SE, a favorite for us! We walked on and soon learned all about communication. Does anyone know the story about the little boy with the newspaper saying the Civil War is over? I remember years ago he was facing us. I ponder these things :idea: Haha!

Figment was next for us because of no wait. Andi wanted a picture by Figment.
IMG_Apr42019at82025PM.jpg
We enjoyed our ride with the purple dragon.
IMG_Apr42019at81745PM.jpg
IMG_Apr42019at81606PM.jpg
IMG_Apr42019at81635PM.jpg
Butterfly Garden area was up next, we walked through and none of the butterflies got the message that it was morning:rotfl: They were all sleeping. We did see a bird eat one of the cocoons, yikes, it’s the circle of life :confused3
IMG_Apr42019at75430PM.jpg
We worked our way towards WS, taking a few pictures along the way.
IMG_Apr42019at81656PM.jpg
IMG_Apr42019at81842PM.jpg
IMG_Apr42019at81809PM.jpg
Pineapple Promenade was open so we got a violet lemonade for the first F&G treat. They didn’t have the pretty little edible flower in it. The drink was very tasty and we were thirsty at this time.
IMG_Apr42019at81713PM.jpg
It doesn’t photograph as well without the flower.

Stay tuned for more Flower and Garden treats and our new resort accommodations
Did we get our requests?
Coming up soon!

Love your Epcot shirts!! Jimmy always makes us take a ride on Figment, too. I think I'll be a little sad when they eventually rework Journey into Imagination into something else someday, but only because of Jimmy!

You are right, the lemonade just isn't the same without the little flower!

Hello Everyone!

It is time for a new TR from the traveling mother and daughter team! This trip we added a guest with us. My sister D joined us.

My name is Caroline, I am the chief trip reporter! I absolutely love Walt Disney World and trip planning. I have an AP and try to visit WDW at least 2-3x a year and sometimes more than that.
View attachment 379690

My daughter is Andi, she is 19 now, however, most CM’s and airport personnel think she is 14! I always tell her she will be happy about this, as she gets older, right now she just gets annoyed! She is also a proud AP holder, (thanks to mom)
View attachment 379689
She is @JuniorSkipper here on the Dis. She doesn’t chime in much anymore, now that she is busy at College.
Andi and I have been traveling to WDW on a yearly basis since she was 9 years old. We travel so well together and both absolutely love all things Disney. Andi is a huge Disney trivia buff and has great extensive Disney knowledge. She keeps her old mom on the up and up of the most new and cutting edge Disney happenings!

My husband and son do not share our love of Disney, terrible right? I am not sure what is wrong with them, haha! :rotfl:They happily stay home and give us their blessings for all our trips as long as we don’t include them:confused3

My sister D is in the middle of this Disney love scale. She likes it and enjoys going, however, would never want to go more than every 2-4 years. She is not big on crowds and would rather be on a beach for her vacation. My sister never had children so my kids are very close to her and love if Aunty D is coming on a trip!

This trip was from 1/23-1/30/19. We were staying at AKL, standard view.

A wrench was thrown into our trip, unfortunately, 5 days before the start of the trip, I slipped on an icy walkway and tried so hard not to fall that I threw my back out and hurt my left knee! It really sucked! I did my best to work on healing before the trip, however, I was still pretty sore and the trip was not my normal go go kind of trip. My sister was actually glad I had to go slower otherwise she said it would have been hard trying to keep up with us.

Please join me as I write about our adventures. This was a busy week at WDW, I thought it would be a slow week, not so much. We did some new things, some old favorites, and a DAH event at MK! It also was cold for Florida this week so no shorts for us, boo!

We had some good laughs and overall enjoyed the trip, we loved AKL!!

Here we are, dressed for the cold, it felt like fall to us since we are from Northern Minnesota!
View attachment 379688

I guess I don’t know how to hitchhike, no wonder the pp cm was laughing!

I hope you all will join in on this trip adventure, I will love to have you here reading along.

Stay tuned for Day 1, Part 1. “We can see Zebras from our bed”

thanks for your wonderful report!
Your pictures were great!

What photo sharing website do you use for uploads to your post?

She ate some of it, however, she removed the veggies?? Okay whatever!
Reading this part has cracked me up! My daughter (she's only 6!) says she's a vegetarian, but she loves veggies so it makes a little sense but...that is SO funny! Love reading this. There are so few trip reports with kids, and even she isn't a "child", but still glad to see.

I think they turned him around as they had some mechanical issues with his face and figured it was better to not fix it.

Looks like a wonderful start to Flower & Garden!

Love your Epcot shirts!! Jimmy always makes us take a ride on Figment, too. I think I'll be a little sad when they eventually rework Journey into Imagination into something else someday, but only because of Jimmy!

You are right, the lemonade just isn't the same without the little flower!
For the longest time Andi and I would skip Figment not really thinking it was something we would like. We tried it and now we have to try and go on every trip!
Our little violet lemonade did not pop without the flower!

thanks for your wonderful report!
Your pictures were great!

What photo sharing website do you use for uploads to your post?
Welcome and Thank you! I use my IPad so I am limited to just 10 pictures per post even with a photo sharing site. I use google photos and light studio to edit some.

If you use a laptop or desk top you can post 35 pictures a post, I think. I know many use Flicker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter