beuna vista suites???

m_fancher

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if we can use the pool at caribe royale while we are staying at beuna vista suites?

Not that I have ever heard. While they are "sister" resorts (same ownership), I have never heard that sharing of amenities is allowed. Which I'm sure is why Buena Vista Suites is so much cheaper than Caribe Royale.

How is this hotel in comparison to the DTD Doubletree Suites? We are considering both for our next trip if we don't get a condo.

After staying at the Buena Vista Suites, we decided we can no longer go to Disney without getting a condo. To me, they really weren't suites. They just happened to have a fridge and sofa. The rooms were really small and cramped. There was barely enough room to sit our luggage around the sides of the room. Getting ready in the mornings and at night was tough. But, the rooms were clean, the location was great and we got a great deal (First night $89, second night $49). We never used the buses and we only at the free breakfast twice. It just wasn't good. I've heard other people say they thought it was wonderful so maybe they were off the two times we tried it.

The doubletree is definitely a suite. The rooms are much bigger. The beds are full size vs. queen at the BVS. We liked the Doubletree overall but my dh was very unhappy when they started charging a fee to park your car at the hotel. Also, he wanted a bigger bed because he is over 6 feet tall. I will say the Doubletree beds are some of the best hotel beds. They also give you free cookies at night. You just have to request them at the front desk. They are really good! If I had to pick between the two I would go with Doubletree because of the space and cookies :).

If you have any other questions just let me know. We booked a condo for our next trip. We've never done the condo thing so I'll be curious to see what we think.

After staying at the Buena Vista Suites, we decided we can no longer go to Disney without getting a condo. To me, they really weren't suites. They just happened to have a fridge and sofa. The rooms were really small and cramped. There was barely enough room to sit our luggage around the sides of the room. Getting ready in the mornings and at night was tough. But, the rooms were clean, the location was great and we got a great deal (First night $89, second night $49). We never used the buses and we only at the free breakfast twice. It just wasn't good. I've heard other people say they thought it was wonderful so maybe they were off the two times we tried it.

The doubletree is definitely a suite. The rooms are much bigger. The beds are full size vs. queen at the BVS. We liked the Doubletree overall but my dh was very unhappy when they started charging a fee to park your car at the hotel. Also, he wanted a bigger bed because he is over 6 feet tall. I will say the Doubletree beds are some of the best hotel beds. They also give you free cookies at night. You just have to request them at the front desk. They are really good! If I had to pick between the two I would go with Doubletree because of the space and cookies :).

If you have any other questions just let me know. We booked a condo for our next trip. We've never done the condo thing so I'll be curious to see what we think.

Thank you very much, this is very helpful :thumbsup2 We are also looking into booking a condo at Windsor Hills for our next trip if WDW doesn't offer a good deal; but if for some reason we have to book last minute or can't get a condo then I am keeping the DTD Doubletree Suites in mind as an option.

Hi! Thanks for the review, I need to decide if we are going to attempt a split stay or not. Currently, we have 6 nights at French Quarters, we are a family of 4, DS3 and DS5, we are thinking we will be nuts after 4 nights in the FQ and will want more space. I booked BVS for 2 nights at the end of our trip to "stretch out" before our drive home... but from your review, it sounds like there will not be much stretching... the pictures lead it to seem that it is two rooms, one with 2 queens and a seperate room with couch, TV and kitchenette? Is that the kind of room you had?

Hi! Thanks for the review, I need to decide if we are going to attempt a split stay or not. Currently, we have 6 nights at French Quarters, we are a family of 4, DS3 and DS5, we are thinking we will be nuts after 4 nights in the FQ and will want more space. I booked BVS for 2 nights at the end of our trip to "stretch out" before our drive home... but from your review, it sounds like there will not be much stretching... the pictures lead it to seem that it is two rooms, one with 2 queens and a seperate room with couch, TV and kitchenette? Is that the kind of room you had?

Yes, that's the room we had. There is a walking space between the sofa "living room" and the two queen beds. It would still feel more spacious than the french quarter but not by much. It is a great location though and it is clean.

When I first read this post I thought "what? that can't be right!" because to me, the suites at both hotels have always felt about the same size. However, I'm not traveling with kids -- it's normally just two of us -- so the amount of space has never been an issue.

But after thinking about it, I realized that in some cases, you are correct.

A standard Queen suite at Buena Vista Suites is 460 sq ft and a Deluxe King suite (which is only slightly more expensive) is 592 sq ft. Some of the standard suites at Doubletree Guest Suites in Downtown Disney are bigger. The thing is, the size of the suites at the Doubletree varies because the building is pyramid-shaped. The suites at the top are smaller than the suites at the bottom! The biggest suites can be over 640 sq ft, but it really depends which one you are assigned.

So if you had a standard Queen suite at BVS and a standard suite at Doubletree on a lower floor, the size difference could have been fairly substantial. But someone else who had a Deluxe King at BVS vs. a suite at the top of the Doubletree might even find the BVS suite was bigger.

Funny thing is, to me the Buena Vista Suites feel more like "suites" because there is a solid door between the two rooms, and the bathroom is in between them, whereas at Doubletree there are louvered doors between the rooms and you have to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom, so there's less privacy.

Really comes down to what's more important to you. Obviously I like both hotels!

Mary
MouseSavers.com

P.S. French Quarter rooms are 314 sq ft.

I guess I've been lucky to get bigger suites at the Doubletree :). Or it could be a perception thing. I would never argue with someone from Mousesavers. You guys have saved me too much money over the last several years! :love:

When I first read this post I thought "what? that can't be right!" because to me, the suites at both hotels have always felt about the same size. However, I'm not traveling with kids -- it's normally just two of us -- so the amount of space has never been an issue.

But after thinking about it, I realized that in some cases, you are correct.

A standard Queen suite at Buena Vista Suites is 460 sq ft and a Deluxe King suite (which is only slightly more expensive) is 592 sq ft. Some of the standard suites at Doubletree Guest Suites in Downtown Disney are bigger. The thing is, the size of the suites at the Doubletree varies because the building is pyramid-shaped. The suites at the top are smaller than the suites at the bottom! The biggest suites can be over 640 sq ft, but it really depends which one you are assigned.

So if you had a standard Queen suite at BVS and a standard suite at Doubletree on a lower floor, the size difference could have been fairly substantial. But someone else who had a Deluxe King at BVS vs. a suite at the top of the Doubletree might even find the BVS suite was bigger.

Funny thing is, to me the Buena Vista Suites feel more like "suites" because there is a solid door between the two rooms, and the bathroom is in between them, whereas at Doubletree there are louvered doors between the rooms and you have to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom, so there's less privacy.

Really comes down to what's more important to you. Obviously I like both hotels!

Mary
MouseSavers.com

P.S. French Quarter rooms are 314 sq ft.

Just wanted to say hello and thank you for mousesavers.com!! Your site was the first site I went to a couple years ago to start researching and planning our recent first family WDW trip! The information provided on your site is invaluable.Thanks again!

Just wanted to say hello and thank you for mousesavers.com!! Your site was the first site I went to a couple years ago to start researching and planning our recent first family WDW trip! The information provided on your site is invaluable.Thanks again!

Yes, thank you Mary for all your hard work!:worship: your site alone helped to create a Disney adict, that my husband is about to pull the plug on if I don't stop talking about Disney!! :rotfl:

Are there discounts as good as the $89 a night at BVS that you have found for Doubletree?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!