Between WDW and Port, is there a Walmart, Target, Publix, etc?

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
Because I am thoroughly addicted to Diet Pepsi, we must buy a few 6-packs for our upcoming cruise.

We're staying in WDW the night prior, then driving to Port Canaveral the morning of the cruise.

Between WDW and the Port, is there anywhere convenient (to avoid getting lost) that we can stop and pick up some Pepsi?

Thanks!

There is a new Super Walmart off of 535 as you head towards 192 and is really close to WDW. Infact if you are going to be taking 417 on the way to the Port, it is on the way.

I am taking a town car and they told me there is no grocery stops between WDW and the Port.....hmm time to rethink about the town car because we also need to pick up some Pepsi and alcholic drinks for the cruise.

Pooh_Friend#1 said:
I am taking a town car and they told me there is no grocery stops between WDW and the Port.....hmm time to rethink about the town car because we also need to pick up some Pepsi and alcholic drinks for the cruise.

There is diffently a Super Wal-Mart, when we stay at our timeshare in Orlando we always go there to buy food.

Are they trying to say there is nowhere to stop? Or that they don't plan on stopping? You could get off on 524 and have access to Wal-Mart, Publix, and Winn-Dixie.

There is a Publix on the way to the Port off of the Beachline/528. I don't know the exit number, but after you go over I95, it is the very next exit. We stop there all the time on our way to the beach!

There is also a Walmart Supercenter and I believe that is the next exit after the Publix (after you go over the Banana river, I believe).

Both of these are an easy on and easy off from the Beachline. Not far out of the way. They are about 10-15 minutes before the port

The first one you are thinking of is the 524. The other (that for some reason I didn't even think about) is Courtney a.k.a SR3. Go right and a couple miles down is Target and Publix

PhilUK said:
Do you need Diet Pepsi especially as Diet Coke is free on board!

Diet Pepsi. I'm pretty sure it runs through my veins at this point :teeth:

Diet Coke is good only in a pinch - not for an entire week (unfortunately).

i am staying at a hotel near the port, i was told there is a grocery store near it.

First one of your best bet is as Porterbob said which is right off Hwy 524 - it is clearly marked but if you miss that one - when you go into Merritt Island, the first and ONLY exit is marked State Road #3 AKA North Courtenay Pkway - as soon as you turn off on to North Courtenay Pkway, you head SOUTH about maybe less than 2 miles - you will pass Devine Mercy Catholic Church, and a couple of other churches then look to your left and you will see Publix - its a super nice store - after you leave there, you go only a couple of blocks and you have drugstores, Target, Dollar General, Winn Dixie plus a few various shops. After you finish, you head North and it will take you right to Hwy 528 again, get on and head East and there you are at the port and Cape Canaveral - Now from entering Cape Canaveral, you are at least 2 and 1/2 miles SOUTH away from Publix which is located right accross the street from Durango and Days Inn and next door Holiday Inn Express.
That should help you in decision making.
Always
Shirley

Pooh_Friend#1 said:

They must mean they just won't do it for you, lol. There are plenty of places to stop.

Just the info I was looking for... Does anyone know if you can get DP at any of these stores? It seems everytime we travel I have a hard time finding DP. TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter