Betrayed by the Peoplemover-Aug 21 TR *updated 11/5*

The TTC is convenient if you're staying on the DVC side of the Poly, but the resort is really spread out so it is a pretty long hike from the lobby and some of the other long houses. We stayed in what was the Rapa Nui long house before the DVC conversion and we were actually closer to the TTC walkway than we were to the lobby. I would LOVE to stay at the Grand Floridian someday. We always eat at the GF Cafe.

Looks like another wonderful day! Those pork nachos are so good! Glad to see your Mom landed safely. So nice for you all to be together. :goodvibes

We always hit a park on departure day too but next trip we've decided to hit up Disney Springs. We haven't been since 2008 or so. DD16 wants to go and look around. I think it'll be a nice change of pace and more relaxing.
Disney Springs is a great departure day location, I think you'll enjoy that.

The TTC is convenient if you're staying on the DVC side of the Poly, but the resort is really spread out so it is a pretty long hike from the lobby and some of the other long houses. We stayed in what was the Rapa Nui long house before the DVC conversion and we were actually closer to the TTC walkway than we were to the lobby. I would LOVE to stay at the Grand Floridian someday. We always eat at the GF Cafe.
Well I certainly learned our lessson, but it was a fun adventure.

Looks like another wonderful day! Those pork nachos are so good! Glad to see your Mom landed safely. So nice for you all to be together. :goodvibes
The pork nachos are the best, so glad we made the trek over.

Those are really good!

Sounded like a great afternoon / evening!
It was a great relaxing day.

Feeling Fancy

This morning we had a chance to sleep in a little. You know that means I was up bright and early. At least I got to see the sun rise over the Contemporary.

Once everyone was up and ready, we made our way over to our breakfast at the Grand Floridian Café. Magicbands are matching the masks today.

We had a really great server who just chatted with us which was nice. The boys got hot chocolate, they were feeling quite fancy.

Our server brought us a plate of biscuits with citrus butter, these were to die for.

I didn’t get any pictures of our food apparently. The food was all really good and we had a great experience at the Grand Floridian Café. Our original itinerary had us flying in that evening, my mom had already committed to doing a web training for work on that morning. So we said goodbye to her and the boys and I boarded the monorail for my first foray into the park alone with them.

We had the monorail car to ourselves until we reached the contemporary.

We transferred to the Epcot monorail at the TTC, I haven’t been on the Epcot monorail in years, so I was excited to take that look around the park once again. Another monorail car to ourselves.

Hello Spaceship Earth

Look at all that construction

We got to the park at about 10:30 which was perfect timing because they were just starting to let people in. We didn’t make it far before we were held on the pathway next to Cosmic Rewind. We started to notice in the crowd around us that there were an unusual amount of CMs there as guests that day. I didn’t think much of it until I realized that CM previews for Remy’s were taking place that day. About ten minutes before the park opened we were let through and made our way to Test Track. As you can see in the picture, there was only one group ahead of us. Also funny side note, I just noticed, the person in the yellow shirt has the same Haunted Mansion bag I had been complimented for a couple of nights before.

We walked right on in to the design center. C and J took one screen and I let N make the other car.

The boys always get so competitive on Test Track, I think N was the best thing round.

Our next ride was Mission Space, which was perfect to do before my mom got there as we were a perfect foursome. The boys each picked their preferred job, and I was stuck with the leftovers. After landing safely in Mars, we were somehow magically transported back to Epcot. We crossed the park, which is not so easy to do with all the construction walls, and we took a journey under the sea with Nemo.

I asked the boys if they wanted to see Turtle Talk, but they were much more interested in checking out the real sea life. We headed upstairs to check on Lil Joe.

If you’re a fan of animals, I highly suggest checking out Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom on Disney+. Lil Joe is featured on an episode, but every one of them is good.

We spent a good amount of time in the aquarium, probably more than we’d ever spent. One thing I absolutely loved about the parks since they reopened was being able to do things more leisurely. I knew that because of no fastpass, and short lines we would be able to get all our rides done. This meant we weren’t rushing from place to place trying to squeeze it all in and make sure we were on time for fastpasses and dining reservations. This meant I got to let them run around the aquarium and enjoy it.

N was hungry, so we stopped to get him a pretzel. Winnie was out, so we had to say hi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter