Best/Worst Counter Service

Fabooliss

DIS Veteran
Just realized that while my ADR's are booked and I know exactly when/where I'm eating my TS meals, I haven't the foggiest what we are doing for counter service.
So... recommendations please? We'll be 3 days in MK, one in MGM, one in Epcot and one in AK. We're on the dining plan, but need one day of counter service OOP anyway.

What is a MUST eat and what is a should avoid.

We love TSPP at MGM..great pizza and the meals are reasonably priced. At MK we ate at Casey's twice. Another good value and the hot dogs are huge. All food was tasty as well! :goodvibes

AK -- Flame Tree Barbecue (this was DH's favorite)

MGM -- Toy Story Pizza Planet (my kids love this!!)

MK-Colombia Harbor House and Pecos Bill
Epcot-UK for fish and chips Sunshine seasons for a WIDE variety of food
AK-Flame Tree or Tusker House

Tusker House at AK is good.

Cosmic Rays at MK

Sunshine Seasons at Epcot --- unless you want to eat in the World Gate somwhere. Most of the "worlds" have their own CS's...but none were in the AC that I could tell. Sunshine Seasons is in the AC

EPCOT - Sunshine Seasons rotisserie chicken flatbread is awesome and they have a wide variety of food to choose from.

MGM - Backlot express has a really good grilled turkey and cheese sandwich with arugula and roasted red peppers. ABC Commissary is terrible.

AK - Tusker House or Flame Tree.

MK - we wanted to go to CHH but when the hunger bug struck, unfortunately, we were near Cosmic Ray's - average at best.

We really enjoy Tusker House at AK.
Cheers!
Heather W

I hated every counter service restaurant I have ever been to (and I have been to alot) except WPE and the one in Morocco in Epot. I find the food to be kinda poor quality and the service abymal. Funny, the grumpiest CMs I run into work at the CS restaurants and the nicest work for transportation.

Oh, yes, PLEASE avoid ABC Commissary at MGM (yuk!). The only good thing I ate there was the ice cream bar I had for dessert.:sad2:

Good CS: We *liked* Cosmic Ray's (rotisserie chicken).

Best - Seasons at Epcot and Tusker House in AK
Worst - an outright winner here for me Im afraid - Becahes and Cream:eek: Tangerine Cafe comes in a close second

Maggs

MK - our favorite is Columbia Harbor House - we've eaten there twice on our last 2 trips. Cosmic Ray's & Pecos Bill's were also pretty good.

Epcot - our favorite is Cantina de San Angel in Mexico - we always eat there a couple times every trip - it is nice to eat by the lake. We also enjoyed Sunshine Seasons in Future World when we were trying to get out of the rain - we'll be returning there again this trip since we enjoyed it so much. :)

AK - Flame Tree BBQ is delicious!! We also enjoyed Tusker House for Breakfast & have heard a lot of good things about it for lunch/dinner.

MGM - Stay away from ABC Commissary!!! It's been awful every time we've gone & we won't be returning. This is our worst park for counter service...

Best: Flame Tree and Tusker House in AK are both great. We also like Cosmic Rays in MK because it offered some variety.

Worst: ABC Commissary was one I remember, and I agree with the previous poster that said only the dessert was good! ;) I really didn't like resort CS food. We had it at POFQ and CBR and I swear it tasted the same, like it all comes from one main place. Actually, just about all the CS meals we had in the World seemed the same, like they just give the meals different names. It's when you found something unusual, like the BBQ at Flame Tree, that's when it seemed to be a bit better.

Best: Flame Tree and Tusker House in AK are both great. We also like Cosmic Rays in MK because it offered some variety.

Worst: ABC Commissary was one I remember, and I agree with the previous poster that said only the dessert was good! ;) I really didn't like resort CS food. We had it at POFQ and CBR and I swear it tasted the same, like it all comes from one main place. Actually, just about all the CS meals we had in the World seemed the same, like they just give the meals different names. It's when you found something unusual, like the BBQ at Flame Tree, that's when it seemed to be a bit better.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I picture some main kitchen underground where CMs are opening up huge white cans with black letters that say stuff like,"MEAT" and "EGG PRODUCT." :rotfl:

My favorites:

MK: Pecos Bill's (Cosmic Ray's fine, too.)

Epcot: Mexico (Cantina de San Angel) or Morrocco (Tangerine Cafe)
Don't care for the Electric Umbrella at all.

MGM: Whatever. One is as good (or bad) as the other. While I don't think either are all that bad, they aren't all that good. I generally sit down or go somewhere else on MGM days.

AK: Tusker House (my favorite CS meal in WDW) for breakfast, Flame Tree for Lunch.

Downtown Disney: Earl of Sandwich

The best is Flame Tree BBQ is my mind. My kids would tell you Cosmic Rays with its entertainer Sunny Eclipse. I also like the Cantina in Mexico. For CS at MGM, bring an sandwich

re: MGM - Also agree with others on ABC Commissary. Service is always slow and food is generally so-so. Found the fast food served on the way to R&R and TOT usually good.

in our opinions: one of the best cs meals-
Epcot- Mexico & Germany...havent had a bad cs at epcot yet and I hope it stays that way - :yay:
MGM- best- toy story pizza - worst- abc... :scared:
Mk- best- pecos - worst- Cosmic Rays :-)scared1: )
Ak- best- flametree bbq:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts