• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Western Lake Buena Vista 12/15/06

tmarquez

DIS Veteran
We needed somewhere to stay for 1 night since we were just going to MVMCP on the 15th. Couldn't get a value or moderate onsite. I think we paid around $80.

Check-in at about 3:00 was painless and quick. We were given a room on the 7th floor that had an awesome view of Epcot. The room was older, but clean and quiet. It was also a pretty big room (we usually stay at Disney moderates).

Too cold for us Floridians to try out the pool, but there were others enjoying it. We loved the balcony...very handy when you come back late at night with kids and don't want to sleep yet.

Ordered some of the Pizza Hut Express pizza that you can get at the hotel and the $7 pitcher of beer after checking in :thumbsup2 .

When we got back to the hotel (around 11:30pm) we were hungry and were able to order food at the bar, even though all the materials say food service is done by 11. We had a fish sandwich, french dip and a burger...all very good.

The only negative was the drunk guys at the bar at 11:30 almost getting into a fight. Staff was good, we asked for some extra pillows and they were brought promptly. Didn't really have any other contact.

We would definately stay here again, even for a longer stay.

Thanks so much for posting this! We normally stay at Mod, but I can't swing a mod for our next trip and booked the Best Western.

I hope we have a great stay!

We have stayed there 3 different times & found it to be a nice hotel with a killer location. the rooms are a great size & some of the balcony have great views.

Kae

If you have a young child do you recommend asking for a lower or ground floor? The balconies are neat but scare me with my escape artist 3 year old!

[/QUOTE]If you have a young child do you recommend asking for a lower or ground floor? The balconies are neat but scare me with my escape artist 3 year old![/QUOTE]

This would be me. Balconies make me nervous-- I couldn't imagine w/ a toddler.

Thanks for the review - I will be staying here in Aug and was wondering how it was..

Wow that is AWESOME !!!!! is hotwire one that doesn't list a name and you get what you get??

You can use the lists on betterbidding.com to try to figure out what hotel you'll get based on the location, star level and amenities shown! It's not a sure thing and the prices vary widely (although they do have a low-price guarantee, sometimes I suspect they are charging more than you could get on the hotel's website) but when you can find a deal, it's usually pretty good.

You can use the lists on betterbidding.com to try to figure out what hotel you'll get based on the location, star level and amenities shown! It's not a sure thing and the prices vary widely (although they do have a low-price guarantee, sometimes I suspect they are charging more than you could get on the hotel's website) but when you can find a deal, it's usually pretty good.

Thanks I will go look !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter