Best Western Downtown Disney

I stayed there last July and had some concerns initially, but it was very nice. The room was very large with a balcony. The rooms had two queen beds, a large safe that fit everything we wanted to put away. The buses were consistent, but a bit of a long ride to the parks because they stopped at every hotel in the DD section. The service at the front desk wasn't the greatest, but the bell services were amazing, very helpful and very nice. Including putting our perishables on ice in our room while we went to a park. I did not eat at the restaurants there so I can't comment on those. But I must say I would stay there again if the price was right.

Stayed there in Oct of 2000. If we wanted to stay "off-property" again, I'd stay there again. For what we paid, it was very good. It wasn't the Ritz-Carlton, but that's not what we paid for. I was a bit surprised to see the review on mousesavers.com. She was not as pleased as I was.

Room was big, beds were comfortable. All was clean (most important). Loved the safe. We could get two big purses in there! We didn't have a room that faced Downtown Disney (we were on the front), but the balcony was still nice. Plenty of room for a couple of people. Nice place to wake up and drink your coffee.

One thing is their website says the rooms all have sleeper couches, but ours didn't. Maybe you have to ask for that?

Check in was slow, but not bad. We also happened to have plenty of time.

As for the restaurant, the breakfast buffet was great! You couldn't have asked for anything else on it. They had it all. Made to order omelettes, fresh fruit and all the other normal buffet stuff. And the price was very reasonable.

For lunch and dinner, the menu was limited and rather pricey. It wasn't bad as Disney pricing goes, but I'd rather pay that and be in the parks somewhere, not in a Best Western.

The Deli there was understaffed and once again pricey. If you do go there, eat the breakfast buffet and then either eat lunch and/or dinner in the parks or in Downtown Disney.

Thanks for the info.

Could someone compare it to an AS?

I am trying to narrow down the choices.

I have just returned from there. I stayed 7/26-8/3. Th only complaint that I have is that the electric was out 2 of the afternoons.....no air & no elevators. Other than that ..... I enjoyed it. The rooms are large & the staff is very friendly. You can't beat the location either. This was my second time there & I would definatly go back without a doubt....... :)

I was there in May when they were completing their major renovations and rate it easily one of the BW's I've seen. Love the breakfast buffet and the rooms are large and clean. Average pool area and check-in (the latter was still being finished off) but nice decor and staff, and it is a great location, better than AS, IMHO. Didn't use their transport, so can't comment, but I thought this was great vfm.

I don't know what your dates are, but we are going in to US/IOA and PBH on Labor Day weekend. I needed a room for the 29th of August and landed the LBV BW for 25 a night on Priceline! You may want to consider that in your decision making process. I called the hotel and asked for king rooms and smoking rooms and she honored my request putting them in the system. Also, she told me if i wanted to up grade to the del room w/sleeper sofa she would do that at ten dollars rate. She was very nice and she did'nt act like my using pricline offended her one bit. As for staying there and seeing it I can't help you there yet.LOL

I stayed here in January for $25 on priceline. Great room -2 queen beds, 2 phones, sony playstation, coffemaker.safe. View of Disney fireworks at night. I'm going back in October and hope to get the same property.

We are going the second week in March for Spring Brake. I'm very hesitant about priceline. I don't like giving someone else that much power over my accomindations. How is it for children? Mine will be eight.

Are all the renovations complete at BW LBV?
We are considering staying here in Jan 2003.
Thanks,
Figment

After I made ressies i called BW with requests like I said they were very happy to honor them even offered to give me a del room with a sofa in it for add. $10. I just did priceline at a hilton in jax fl. w/my dd school shopping. I asked for a riverfront view and two double beds and I got those upgrades at no charge and did'nt request anything till i was standing there to check in. So what ever you land at priceline I feel good to say BW would accomodate your requests. I called minutes after priceline got me a conf # and i was in her computer. That was my first priceline exp.

To Figment 27,

I haven't BEEN there, so I can't say if the renovations are done. '
However, I've been following the progress on several different message boards, as we're staying there September 20 - 26 (via Priceline, a popular bid this fall).

(email them questions, they're great,
Reservations@orlandoresorthotel.com)

I was informed by the hotel during an email exchange that the renovations are complete as of mid-June. I've read the renovations look great. I've also read that it's not totally true that they're done, as they are now slowly renovating rooms and have in fact completed only the common areas (lobby, outside). We've requested a room on a floor NOT under construction and this was granted, along with a room between the 8th and 10th floor with a view of DD. No ill treatment because we're Priceline customers.

That's what I've heard. I'm interested to hear from more people that have been there since June.

Pat

When I go on priceline.com- how do I know which area- how many stars are for what hotels? I have never done this before so please help!

Julie, visit this site. www.biddingfortravel.com . Scroll downt the main page and you'll see a forum for FLORIDA ORLANDO AREA> click to look at that thread. The very first post is a FQA if you'll go there it will tell you what area's and list the hotels and the star's asst. to them there. I believe it was DD area? maybe and a 2.5 star hotel. If your price of 25 is not accepted pick another area that does NOT list a 2.5 star and up your bid to 28 as I have seen people bid and get it at 25 and 28. Good luck let us know how it goes for you.

Thanks-I just put a bid in- it makes me a little nervous not knowing what I am bidding on though! Cross your fingers LOL

No- which was upsetting until I got an e-mail from Dagny (DU) and she had gotten me an All Star for $50 a night. All the values have been filled and she somehow got me one!!! So I guess in the end everything worked out great. Thanks for all the help!

copy & pasting the review I wrote on biddingfortravel.com's Florida hotel review section:

bid accepted at $26, stayed 8/3 to 8/4. The a/c was quite noisy & the shower temperature was touchy. But here's the kicker, when we first checked into the room (front desk allowed us to check in at 11:30am by the way) my daughter (age 9) used the restroom and when she flushed the toilet, the handle completely broke off. I called front desk & they had some one there w/in 10 minutes to fix, I asked him to quiet the a/c & he did alittle.

The NBC station did not work although it was listed on their channel line up. The sink was cracked (but not leaking) & the faucet was extremely hard to turn off, had to slowly turn it just the right way (something must have been stripped inside). I stayed on the 6th floor & the room didnt really cool using the auto fan on the a/c but turned it to hi fan & it cooled quite well but I had it set at 68.5 degrees to get it to cool (this was after hours of having it on 70 auto fan).

The carpet was in good shape & vaccuumed. The bed linnens and towels were clean and in good shape. The beds seemed to still be in good shape but were not firm. Part of the popcorn textured ceiling was peeling near the sprinklers. Alot of the ceiling tiles in the hallway were stained (causing me to think the pipes must leak from time to time, not good for people with sensitive allergies) Room was much bigger than AllStars rooms and had a cute little balcony with a small table & 2 chairs.

A small digital microwave was on the dresser (not sure this is in all rooms as no one was seemed to mention it). A coffee pot on the vanity. There was a liter size bottled water near the ice bucket but look out because it was $6 for the bottle charged to your room if you use it!

The restaurant inside the hotel served a hot/cold breakfast buffet (with Mickey shaped waffles, pancakes, grits, scrambeled eggs, toast, bagels, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, muffins, cereal & more) was only $4.99 for adults and $1.99 for kids & the kids included regular or chocolate milk. I did not eat as the items on the buffet are not something my (Atkins) diet allow (didnt want to pay 5 bux for just bacon, don't like sausage) but they allowed just my daughter to eat for the $2! This was a bargain since it included her milk even though she only ate a bagel & a couple slices of bacon.

I would definately stay here again at the $26 price but no way at full price (at least not before rooms are refurbished). All in all I was pleased with my bargain bid acceptance for a DTD hotel.

Just an FYI, renovations are NOT finished. I just returned from a two night stay. They are renovationg the top floor nightclub, so I wouldn't want a room anywhere near there. And then other renovations will start.
I thought it was fine for the priceline $25.00 rate. I did find the balnkets to be worn, and beds way too soft. If I stayed again I would just bring a blanket. I had my pillows with me.
They did a nice job on the lobby, I love the lights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!