Best way to get to the Polynesian from Coronado?

tinkerbell1991

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
Basically as the title days, what is the best way to get from Coronado Springs to the Polynesian Resort?
As this will be my first time staying in property, I'm unsure if buses go directly there or monorail etc?

There is no resort to resort direct transportation at Disney. You need to transfer at an open park or at Disney Springs.

Thank you both. I didn't think there was direct monorail links but never know which resort to go to along the way.

Thanks again

I'm going to be the voice of dissent here and say that I'd take the Coronado bus to DHS (it's the closest park to CSR besides blizzard beach, i think, and I don't think the water park buses are as consistent) and then walk over to the Poly's bus from DHS. the first bus ride should be less than 15 minutes and the walk from one depot at DHS to another is minimal. JMO!

ETA: I actually did similarly to this on my last trip: CBR to DHS, DHS to Poly. Easy as pie.

I'm going to be the voice of dissent here and say that I'd take the Coronado bus to DHS (it's the closest park to CSR besides blizzard beach, i think, and I don't think the water park buses are as consistent) and then walk over to the Poly's bus from DHS. the first bus ride should be less than 15 minutes and the walk from one depot at DHS to another is minimal. JMO!

ETA: I actually did similarly to this on my last trip: CBR to DHS, DHS to Poly. Easy as pie.

This works too, I think it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. You could end up waiting a long time for a MK bus or you could end up waiting a long time at HS for a GF/Poly bus. I'm always concerned about transportation delays so I usually take a taxi/uber to another resort, if trying to get there for a reservation, and use the Disney transport to return.

We did this a couple times last week (we were staying at CBR)... both times we had quite a wait at HS... one night about 8:00pm we waited 40 minutes for the CBR bus... after waiting about 20 mins the toddler with the family in front of us had to use the restroom... the Mom finally told the Dad to take him & she'd meet him back at the resort... I jokingly said... he may make it back... guess what? He did! The 2nd time was probably late afternoon, and we waited about 30 minutes.

If UBER is out, then I would do the MK bus & then boat or monorail to Poly.

Take a cab or uber (über will be about $5 - $7). You'll be there in 15 minutes. If you take a bus to park, bus or monorail to resort route, plan on at least 90 minutes to get there. We once did BC to CR (bus to MK, walk to CR) and it took almost 2 hours. We now only use uber if we are going resort to resort.

Uber!

Don't waste precious vacation time transferring buses around the world. We learned the hard way this spring break from Blizzard Beach to Swan/Dolphin. 1 hour 8 minutes! :scared:

Just did a fare estimate and it'll be around $7-8. Worth every penny to not allot 1 hour bus travel time and be there in 12 minutes. :)

There is no resort to resort direct transportation at Disney. You need to transfer at an open park or at Disney Springs.

Actually, this is not 100% correct.

There is the lovely boat launch between the Contemporary Resort and the Wilderness Lodge.

And of course, us regulars realize the resort monorail connects the Contemporary, Grand Floridian and Poly. But a new person who's never been to WDW may not know that.

And the Epcot resorts are connected via the Friendships that run between the Epcot International Gateway and DHS.

But there is no direct WDW transportation from CSR to any other resorts.

Take the bus at CSR to the Magic Kingdom. Walk toward the resort monorail, but before you walk up the ramp, look out at the water. If you see a boat with gold (yellow) flag at the dock or headed toward it, you can opt to take it to the Polynesian. This works well if you are going to the Spirit of Aloha.

Another route could be to take a bus from CSR to Epcot, then take the monorail to the TTC. The Polynesian is walkable from there or you can transfer to the resort monorail if you're wanting to go to the Polynesian's lobby area.

Thanks again everyone.

I'll be renting a car while over there but was hoping to use disney transport at night so we can have a few adult beverages but I'll bear Uber in mind - seems like the easiest option and quite cheap

My wife and I usually do this once a trip. We always stay moderate and each trip we normally have dinner reservations at one of the deluxe resorts. This last trip we did exactly what you are looking for. We stayed at Coronado and had reservations for Ohana at the Polynesian. We just took the first resort bus that showed up and transferred from there. This time it happened to be Epcot so we got off at Epcot and too the monorail to the ttc and hopped over from there. Yes it's more time consuming but we got to tar the monorail which is always part of our Disney experience and just enjoy the scenery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter