Best way to get an AP prior to arrival???

BC

DIS Veteran
I am hoping for the AP rate at the Swan or Dolphin and would like to have my annual pass in hand upon checkin. Should I order it online or can I buy it at the desk before checkin? I think it would be better if I already had it so I just wondered which is the best place to purchase one.

It would be best to buy it in advance. You will not be able to buy it at the Swan or Dolphin, or any WDW resort. If you wait until you get to WDW you will have to visit one of the parks to get it.

If you buy it on-line you will just need to activate it once you arrive at the parks.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

You can purchase an AP at your local Disney Store as well. But, you will get a voucher that will need to be activated before you can enter the parks on day 1. Also, my local Disney Store told me they needed about a 3 week lead time to order them, and get them in, so if you go this route, plan accordingly. I did not last time, and had to buy them at DTD before our first day. Not a biggie, just something else to keep in mind.

Our TDS now sells the AP's without having to order them. They are a little (not much) cheaper there as opposed to online (maybe cause I had my Disney Club card--not sure, cause I know on the PH's they offer a slight dicount for buying them in advance.).

Anyway, I went in, gave them my 1400 + dollars and walked out with AP vouchers in hand.

There's also the option, if you decide to wait until you arrive in FL, to pick up the tickets at the International Gateway entrance to World Showcase at Epcot. You could drive over to your hotel and walk to the Gateway. It's not too far from the Swan/Dolphin. DH and I did this our first day of our honeymoon, but walked from the Beach Club instead of the Swan/Dolphin. We hit Beaches & Cream on our way back for lunch! :-)

I called yesterday to change my reservation and the CM told me that if I got an AP rate, I would have to show my AP (not the voucher for it) upon check in. I am planning to take a town car directly to my hotel. If I am correct, the only thing that you can get ahead of time is the voucher. I don't really know how to go about it. Is my info. correct? Has anyone ever been able to get the AP rate at check in with the Ap voucher? I read that you can get passes to the parks at a few shops in the MCO airport, but do they also sell the APs?

I tried to buy APs at the flagship NYC DS on Fifth Avenue and they didn't carry them. Only Park Hoppers. Ordered them online using the DC reservations line.

Our trip isn't until December, but figured there was a good chance the price would go up before then. ;)

Lisha7 - I was told the same thing on our first AP trip. But when we checked in they told us we could activate the AP after check-in and said we could bring it back by the next day to show them.

Sometimes the CM checking you in, even though they are supposed to, do not ask for it.

I'm sure you will be just fine. All you need to do is explain your situation to them and they will work with you.

The two Disney shops in the airport (both now called Disney's Earport) not only sell AP's and PAP's but they are the actual activated passes, not vouchers. And through December 31st, you can also still get your DC discount on AP/PAP's there, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter