Best way to get a discounted hotel room -- Priceline or other?

Kallison

<font color=red>I'm a lab adorer<br><font color=na
I've never done Priceline before but we need two rooms in Baltimore Inner Harbor for a Yankees/Orioles game this summer. DH has priced the rooms and they are $200 plus, so I thought I would try Priceline. Looks like we may be able to get a 3 or 4 * around $40 - $75. Does anyone have any tips or other way that I should try for a room before I take the Priceline plunge. I know with Priceline once we book we have to pay and that makes me a little nervous, although if the two rooms and two nights are under $200 it won't be too horrid if we have to cancel. Any advice would be appreciated.

Spend some time getting familiar with that site posted... and use priceline. When have used priceline many times for vacations and have never been disappointed, but do your homework first, you hate to pay more than you have too! That site is a wealth of info for priceline bidders.

The only time I wouldn't recommend it is if you think your plans could change. We will often make a regular hotel reservation then try a low price on priceline a month or so before, if we don't get the bid, we'll try it again a few weeks before the trip, then cancel the original reservation we had.

I always get good rates off Priceline. I've gotten hotels for $20 a night in Orlando! It isn't the Portifino Bay, but it's a decent room. I've had difficulty getting a room in Sandusky, OH for some reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter