Best way to book an inexpensive hotel?

married2grumpy

DIS Veteran
We will be heading down to Florida in a couple weeks to start looking at areas for a possible move. Of course we will be visiting WDW for a few days but either prior to or after we will be driving around towns looking for an area that feels like “home”. I’m not exactly sure how long we will stay in each area but as we move around I will need to make some last minute hotel reservations. What is your go to method for finding decent hotels at a great price last minute?

Pete of Disunplugged is doing a series of blogs on youtube on moving to Orlando. They have been feature neighborhoods around the orlando area. This could be a great place to start before you get here.

I would get you a link to the channel but I am on my phone.

Pete of Disunplugged is doing a series of blogs on youtube on moving to Orlando. They have been feature neighborhoods around the orlando area. This could be a great place to start before you get here.

I would get you a link to the channel but I am on my phone.
That’s awesome!!! I have to check that out. Thanks so much 😊

Will you know where you’re heading in advance or will you need to secure lodging with less than a day’s notice? I’ve had good luck with finding airbnbs on short notice and asking owners for a last-minute discount but it’s only worth it if you stay for a few nights to make up for the one time fees. I also don’t know if you would be able to do an airbnb with less than 24 hours notice.

Maybe a website that specializes in last-minute hotel offers? Or you could always just call the hotel directly and ask if they offer any last minute discounts. I think the last-minute discounts are only offered off the “rack rate” though so you might do better looking for specials online first.

Hotwire if you're not picky about brands. Just choose general location and * level and you find out after you pay. Priceline is similar but they only guarantee bedding for 2. Not sure of your travel party size but HW lets you search for more than 2 such as 2 adults/2 children.

Will you know where you’re heading in advance or will you need to secure lodging with less than a day’s notice? I’ve had good luck with finding airbnbs on short notice and asking owners for a last-minute discount but it’s only worth it if you stay for a few nights to make up for the one time fees. I also don’t know if you would be able to do an airbnb with less than 24 hours notice.

Maybe a website that specializes in last-minute hotel offers? Or you could always just call the hotel directly and ask if they offer any last minute discounts. I think the last-minute discounts are only offered off the “rack rate” though so you might do better looking for specials online first.
I think we will just have to pick a spot as a stopping point so we can book in advance. I’m too worried to try to get something day of or just 1 day notice.

Hotwire if you're not picky about brands. Just choose general location and * level and you find out after you pay. Priceline is similar but they only guarantee bedding for 2. Not sure of your travel party size but HW lets you search for more than 2 such as 2 adults/2 children.
Party of 2!!! Don’t care about brand but has to be at least 3 star hotel I guess.

Download hotels tonight app. It will occasionally have good deals. The best deals on hotels I have found can often be the walk up rate from the hotel coupon books found at visitor center as you first enter the state. They now are converting these to online, so check out sites like travelcoupons.com. I love to get a $140/night room for $79 with a coupon.

I used to get great deals on Priceline, but have not used them for years.

I have been getting some great deals on Expedia and Agoda lately. I always do a bit of research on hotel options and check reviews, then check the hotel’s website just to see what their rate is. I can almost always beat it by using another source.

We use Priceline for everything. (we are now platinum members meaning more than 25 trips)
The secret prices have been about $1 less and the star/ ratings match up and you get to use the coupon codes. .. the codes are often listed on the first page at the top or you can google it.

We are on our way back now. We pulled off the interstate when we where ready to pick a place to sleep and as I sat between 6 hotels;. I googled -hotels near me.

I then picked a Hilton (due to pricing) I then called Hilton’s number, they pulled my member number and gave $30 off the rate. When I walked in I asked about changing rooms, if any extra cost (it was higher online and on the phone) employee said I can give you the other room for the same price :).

And they shared if you decide to stay Saturday a group is coming in and the price is much higher on line. Just come back to me and I’ll give you the weekday price. And they did.

With a free hot breakfast :)

We are 2 hours from home and are hitting freezing rain/sleet- might have to do it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter