best warranty for IPad2?

mtquinn

DIS Veteran
After much flip-flopping, I think I am going to get DH a new Ipad2 for his 40th bday. For those who have a warranty, did you go with Apple Care? Or, did you go through a place like Squaretrade? They have a two year warranty for the same price, and it covers spills or immersion as well. I don't think AppleCare covers that...just typical issues in the hardware and such.

Am I wrong? Which way is the best for a warranty?

Edit: here is the summary of a Squaretrade warranty:

Warranty Summary

* 100% Parts & Labor Covered - Zero Deductibles
* If we can't fix the item, we refund you item price
* Free in-home service for large TVs/appliances
* 5 day service guarantee
* Cancel / Transfer anytime

Check out Square Trade on Facebook ... I think they are offering 40% off iPad warranties for the next couple days

I chose squaretrade for both my Kindle2 and iPad. By using coupon codes I was able to get warranties that include accidental breakage for cheaper than the warranties offered by Amazon and Apple.

Squaretrade also gives you a check for the amount you paid rather than replacing the item. The price of the Kindle has gone down so much since I purchased mine I would actually make $120 if I accidentally broke it :rotfl:

I chose squaretrade for both my Kindle2 and iPad. By using coupon codes I was able to get warranties that include accidental breakage for cheaper than the warranties offered by Amazon and Apple.

Squaretrade also gives you a check for the amount you paid rather than replacing the item. The price of the Kindle has gone down so much since I purchased mine I would actually make $120 if I accidentally broke it :rotfl:

That's funny! I do trust Squaretrade, and I love the extra coverage their warranty provides. Apple is ok, but not as complete.

Thanks!

Using the "ipad40" 40% Off coupon code, Square Trade is $72 for 2 years and $108 for 3 years. Price is the same for all models. Coupon expires on 3/14, so don't wait.

I got the 3 year coverage. Now I don't have to worry about stupid accidents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter