Best walk-up spots for nighttime shows

confetti

Mouseketeer
We have 4 day hoppers the week of 6/12 and we plan to see Fantasmic, Fireworks, World of Color and the Electrical Parade each once while we're there. However, we're so not the people who sit for an hour+ before a show to hold a spot. So, my question is what is the best strategy to find a decent walk-up spot for each of these? I'm not expecting to have a great view, but at least a decent view. I had booked a Hungry Bear package for Fantasmic, but after reading more info about the food (didn't look good to me) and how people were still waiting 2 hours in the reserved area, I cancelled it). I'm not going to book a premium package for any of these either. I'm willing to arrive about 30 min before the show. I'm also open to doing the later shows for F!, WoC and EP if that's what's needed to not have to wait a long time for a decent spot. Any areas in the park to try for or advice would be great.

See the second showing of MSEP, you can walk up to decent spots 20 min before showtime. For fireworks, hang near mid Main Street in the shops as the first showing of MSEP is passing, once the parade passes they open the street for fireworks and it’s usually only an10/15 min wait to the start of the show.

For F! and WoC, your thought about catching the later shows makes a lot of sense. F! should be pretty decent for the 2nd show, the only problem for WoC is that Grad Nites are going on in DCA, and on those nights there is only one show. So you'll have to plan that night carefully.

The later shows are much easier to walk up to if staying late. For Fantasmic, slip into a spot as those leave at the end. More will leave after the fireworks to adjust your spot. Then it’s less than an hour to second showing. That sitting meal package is rough. Don’t forget there is that rail you have to look through. I only did it for the first show return day. My rear still feeling it. I think a great spot for the Disneyland fireworks is center on Main Street with the projections, music, and snow. The Electrical Light Parade meal package is a good one. Being across from the train station for parade with just a turn and walk into Main Street for the fireworks after. The first dessert party for WOC is the best experience available at the parks in my opinion. Also be sure to catch one of the It’s A Small World, Encanto Bruno fun.

Local schools are out this week, so it will be interesting to see the crowds.

This time of year…We always see the 2nd shows. We literally just walk up to where there isn’t a rope and watch. If there is a rope and there looks to be room, we’ll ask the CM and be on the outside edge. For fireworks - outside the parks or GE. We do whatever it takes to avoid large-packed in crowds. We’re locals…so getting a prime spot right now isn’t important and this strategy may not work for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts