Best villas offered through skyauction

*simba113*

Earning My Ears
There are several great deals to bid at skyauction for villas / condos in Orlando. I have stayed at the Sheraton Vistana and loved it. Any input on which ones are similiar to the Vistana? Summer Bay and Vacation Village appear to be nice. Can you share some experience on these or any of those that are offered at skyauction? Hoping to get a 2 bedroom suite. TIA

About how many miles is Summer Bay from Disney and Universal? Am I right that they have 2 bedroom villas and 2 bedroom condos but the condos are much bigger? Skyauction seems to offer the villas only, are they fairly clean?
Pictures anyone???

Anyone else for info on the timeshares they offer? Silver Lake, Westgate Lake Resort, The Fountains.........thanks

Orange Lake is on there time to time - very nice resort.

Silver Lake I haven't stayed there myself - but it get good reviews here and on tug. although some people almost didn't stay in the same place. they HATED it!!!

the same with SV and OL - most people loved it - a few HATED it.

Bryan's Spanish Cove much smaller only one lady from here stayed here and I think she liked it. Not alot of extra -this is a small timeshare.

Embassy's Vacation Resort is okay - you would expect it to be great from the name.

there are two HGVC - hilton grand vacation club - this are GREAT!!! my opinion.

I loved Celebration world - but I have a cat. this is the only RCI timeshare that allows pets in the WDW area. It's activity list was only for the day time -when most people are in the parks. No, on site restuarant, general store, etc. You have to have a car for this place! Except to drive alot!

I don't like Westgate - why - their sales people do not understand the term 'NO' they are pests!!! :rolleyes2

however that say - the resorts is okay. Not perfect if it was perfect then you won't want to attend the 'maintence meeting' - sales pitch!!!

if you are good at saying 'no' Westgate can be fun! If you have a problem saying 'no' - then avoid Westgate at all costs.

Vacation Village will rarely offer the 2 bedroom, they seem to have caught on ( the management group probably ) that they can split the two bedroom lock offs into 2 1 bedrooom units and get more money for them...

be careful of the partial kitchen listings since they are usually the smaller one bedroom lockoff of the 2 bedroom units....

The Fountains used to be Oasis Lakes and is a top notch time share that was originally developed by british interests and has now been taken over by Bluegreen ( a compnay of which we know little )

We just returned from a 2-bdr villa at Summer Bay through Skyauction. For a family up to 4 I think the villa is fine. My one regret is not checking to see if we could upgrade, once there, to a condo. It may not have been worth it but since the resort did not seem anywhere close to capacity I wish I had at least checked.

I have only seen the villas on Skyauction. The condos are bigger and have a small balcony. The buildings with condos and villas are all mixed together though so your location isnt determined by that and of course you still have all of the same ammenities.

Silver Lake was right outside Disney. It was set too far back from Sherbeth Rd to really see anything more than the entrance but the location is great. Orange Lake was also on 192 and looked like a nice, very large resort. Summer Bay was after OL and you really need a car if you stay there. We always rent one so that wasn't an issue for us but I couldnt imagine trying to use the shuttle service all the time.

It took us about 15 minutes to get to the property line of Disney from Summer Bay and then, depening on which park, drive time into the lot, trams, etc. You can avoid 192 for most of the trip by using a parallel road called Black Lake then left onto Sherbeth Rd. The main benefit is no traffic lights where 192 has tons of them. That's really what takes up the most time - the lights more so than the distance.

If you have any questions on Summer Bay just let me know. This was our first time using Skyauction and I would definitely use them again. I also had great luck using the Tug classifieds to rent a timeshare. Couldnt find the dates we needed but it will definitely be an option for future trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!