Best use of early morning hour - Disneyland

HappyGrape

DIS Veteran
This is the list of early morning attractions and yes, we are interested and yes but not that much

Matterhorn Bobsleds yes
Alice in Wonderland yes
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride yes
Peter Pan's Flight yes
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters yes
Hyperspace Mountain yes
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage maybe
Pinocchio's Daring Journey maybe
Snow White's Scary Adventures maybe

The top one is a top priority and the bottom one is least interested in

What attractions are best left late and how would you plan it

I am half thinking leaving tomorrowland for day 2 and focusing on Fantasyland hitting Frontierland after (very much like i would at WDW)

I will be honest, I am overwhelmed by the number of attractions compared to WDW parks. HELP!!!!

Mr Toad, Buzz, Pinocchio and Snow White have the shortest queues throughout the day from that list so I wouldn't prioritise them first up.

Peter Pan will get busy right away and stay that way all day so I also wouldn't do that first up as it could take up a lot of your hour.

I'd grab a fastness for Hyperspace mountain and do Matterhorn and then Alice, then go back and ride Hyperspace with your fastness (if its in the timeslot). Then ride Buzz and Finding Nemo, and then do the rest of Fantasyland.

Will I be able to get a fast pass during early magic hour? I thought that they don't start until official opening?

how is this plan looking for day one using the early hour?

1Peter Pan's Flight
2Alice in Wonderland
3Matterhorn Bobsleds
4Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
Indiana Jones Adventure FASTPASS Booth
5Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
6The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
7Splash Mountain
8Haunted Mansion
9Pirates of the Caribbean
10Indiana Jones Adventure

Doable?

Unless you are one of the first in line for PP, I would save this ride for later in the day. It could easily eat up a chunk of your early hour. (And some guests have reported that even though they were some of the first people in line, the ride did not start up right away, so they still had to wait for a while before riding.) We save PP for our last ride of the night. As long as you are in line before park closing, you will be allowed to ride. But keep watching the wait time on the app. If you see a good opportunity, go for it!
Only FL and TL are open for EMH/MM, so you won't be able to access the other lands until park opening.

Only TL and FL are open during EMH and there are no FP distributed during EMH.

We've always focused on FL during EMH. It seems to get the most crowded the earliest in the day as the families with small children descend on it. PP is the most popular, do that first. Yes, there will be a line but trust me, it isn't going to get shorter later. We do the dark rides during EMH as after PP most of them still have relatively short lines, then IASW & MH. That'll take your EMH. Grab FPs for ST or SM as soon as the park opens and depending on your return times and lines either do standby for the other or head to the west side of the park.

We head to Fantasyland for PP, and if the line is about 30 minutes or less hit that. Then we do Mr Toad because it's right there and super quick. Then on to Alice. Sometimes we then do Pinocchio and Snow White and Dumbo, depends on if there are no lines. On to Matterhorn, then head to Tomorrowland. What we do next depends on what time it is, and whether or not we can get a FP yet. You are correct that you can't get one during EMH. If we have time left we ride Buzz, by then we can probably get a FP, so we either get one for SM and wait in line for Star Tours, or get a FP for Star Tours and go ride SM. Then it's on to Adventureland!!

We could skip PP if it's very much like WDW to be honest. It isn't favorite of ours and we have done it so many times

I would caution about using any of your EMH on the Finding Nemo subs.
They take FOREVER to load and unload, the ride itself seems slow ... it could eat up all of that magic hour.
I see your proposed plan does not have it listed, but just in case I thought I would mention that for us, we have found it to be a time-sucker.

Unless you are one of the first in line for PP, I would save this ride for later in the day. It could easily eat up a chunk of your early hour. (And some guests have reported that even though they were some of the first people in line, the ride did not start up right away, so they still had to wait for a while before riding.) We save PP for our last ride of the night. As long as you are in line before park closing, you will be allowed to ride. But keep watching the wait time on the app. If you see a good opportunity, go for it!
Only FL and TL are open for EMH/MM, so you won't be able to access the other lands until park opening.
I agree about PP.

I suggest the OP try and get to the gates for MM at least 30 minutes early. 40 minutes early is better. Then walk with purpose to PP. Unless you can do that, it will be best to skip PP because otherwise it will take up 30+ minutes of the MM.

how is this plan looking for day one using the early hour?

1Peter Pan's Flight
2Alice in Wonderland
3Matterhorn Bobsleds
4Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
Indiana Jones Adventure FASTPASS Booth
5Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
6The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
7Splash Mountain
8Haunted Mansion
9Pirates of the Caribbean
10Indiana Jones Adventure

Unless something has changed, IJA, BTMRR, Splash, HM and POTC are not open during MM. Only the FanstasyLand and TomorrowLand rides - and even then, not all of them.

Plus you cannot get FPs during MM.

I always feel it is best to concentrate on rides during MM which do not have FP. The conventional approach to MM is:

1 PP
2 Dumbo
3 Alice in Wonderland
4 Matterhorn (soon to have FP, so maybe not)
5 Mr. Toad
6 Mad Tea Party
7 Snow White
8 Pinnocchio

:wizard:

What HydroGy said.

Then, walk over to Tomorrowland about 5-10 minutes before MM ends, ride Space and pull a FastPass for it (or Star tours, whichever you prefer) right as the park opens.

We do pretty much as HydroGuy says above, although we don't ride Dumbo. Also, we sometimes have skipped Matterhorn because the line has been too long, even when we hit it 2nd or 3rd. You may have to choose between Alice and Matterhorn, or be prepared to spend most of your MM on 3 rides -- PP, Alice, Matterhorn. Just depends how busy it is. If you're not all that into PP, skipping it will free up enough time that you could do both Alice and Matterhorn without a problem.

We do FL MM, then send a runner to get SM FPs as MM ends while the rest of us head to Indy.

My personal opinion is that Nemo is the worst ride in the whole park, totally skippable unless you have young children. Not only does it take forever, but it stinks. As in it literally is smelly, probably from how many people are packed in like sardines.

I agree about PP.

I suggest the OP try and get to the gates for MM at least 30 minutes early. 40 minutes early is better. Then walk with purpose to PP. Unless you can do that, it will be best to skip PP because otherwise it will take up 30+ minutes of the MM.

Unless something has changed, IJA, BTMRR, Splash, HM and POTC are not open during MM. Only the FanstasyLand and TomorrowLand rides - and even then, not all of them.

Plus you cannot get FPs during MM.

I always feel it is best to concentrate on rides during MM which do not have FP. The conventional approach to MM is:

1 PP
2 Dumbo
3 Alice in Wonderland
4 Matterhorn (soon to have FP, so maybe not)
5 Mr. Toad
6 Mad Tea Party
7 Snow White
8 Pinnocchio

I was thinking the first 4 of my list early magic hour, the rest after. Do you think it's possible to do all this, even skipping PP. 7 rides in one hour is a lot! It would be awesome to manage anything over 4!

Last edited:
what is FL MM?

I will skip nemo! I am really looking forward for thunder mountain, last time was closed in October (WDW) and it was closed in Paris too and I would find it hard not to go there as soon as the magic hour is over! We all love it

I was thinking the first 4 of my list early magic hour, the rest after. Do you think it's possible to do all this, even skipping PP. 7 rides in one hour is a lot! It would be awesome to manage anything over 4!
If you arrive early enough and are one of the first onto PP, it is possible to do 6-8 FantasyLand rides. The tough one that sometimes slows you down is Matterhorn. In that case it may be best to skip it.

I almost always skip Dumbo as well and that makes it easier too.

... I will skip nemo!...

Don't forget that there is an alternate viewing room for Nemo. It is off to the right side of the loading area. Just ask a CM. There is rarely a line for it, it is a small room where you can see everything that the subs view on a small screen, and it does not smell. We usually view the ride this way because my mom can't use the narrow sub stairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter