Best Use Month to Purchase?

disbound09

Mouseketeer
We are in the process of purchasing a 320 DVC resale at SSR August use. Love the resort and we always get two bedrooms and price was right $52.00 We have 2 school age kids one college age so we seem to be there in June in the past. We think we will visit for Christmas some time after we buy. So what is the rationale or formula for deciding which month to purchase and why. Thanks

UY month tells you 2 things:

1) when you banking window falls (8 months after the start of your UY), and

2) when your pts are valid for stays.

UY has nothing to do with when you can call to book.

if you never cancel, UY month will never be an issue. if you need to cancel, you will have more options to work things out if you are traveling early in your UY.

ideally, you'd like to travel in the first few months of your UY and never travel in the last few months of your UY (such as a june trip for an august UY - a late cancellation puts you in a bind since your banking window closes at the end of march).

as noted, your trip timing will probably change over the years...it's just one consideration, but it does make trips late in your UY a little riskier...

to simplify, for primarily june/july/december trips, june UY is probably the best choice (assuming you'd never/rarely travel in march-april-may).

but if you get a great deal on an aug UY and your plans are usually rock solid, maybe it's worth a little extra risk for you...

I have no idea about the technical workings of it, but I like my September use year since my year revolves around the school year. It is easier to remember.

We are in the process of purchasing a 320 DVC resale at SSR August use. Love the resort and we always get two bedrooms and price was right $52.00 We have 2 school age kids one college age so we seem to be there in June in the past. We think we will visit for Christmas some time after we buy. So what is the rationale or formula for deciding which month to purchase and why. Thanks

An August UY is best for vacations August through April which is the banking period for a August UY.

:earsboy: Bill

I have no idea about the technical workings of it, but I like my September use year since my year revolves around the school year. It is easier to remember.

Isn't that risky? If you're travel revolves around the school year - doesn't that mean that you normally travel when school is out, i.e., Summer?

a Sept UY means you should almost NEVER travel during the summer, because you'd be past your banking window.

Unless you meant you only travel within the school year, i.e., September to May?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter