• The Boathouse

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Paddlefish

Votes: 5 6.2%

• Total voters

shawnriv

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone,

My fiancé and I are looking to book our first signature restaurant. We are getting married (Disney Wedding!) and will have an extra dining credit, therefore looking to book a special signature dining experience. We have discussed Yachtsman Steakhouse, Paddlefish, The Boathouse and Flying Fish. We did notice some of the entrees from the above restaurants do not come with sides. If the sides are ordered separately, would we have to pay extra or are they included in the dining plan? There are just too many options and we cannot seem to narrow it down. I am looking for a great steak, and she is just looking for an overall great experience.

Thank you!

Traditional, upscale steakhouses have aLa carte sides, usually large enough to share and an additional charge
For the places you have listed what the menu has as sides with the entree is what's included. If nothing is listed it will be extra

None of the above....

Best two SIGS:

The California Grill - Contemporary
Shula's - Dolphin.

V&A is also listed as a SIG. It it so far beyond "Sig" that I have not shown it.

I have ignored the DDP reference, as you asked about "BEST SIG". Of the restaurants listed - the California Grill accepts DDP.

I would choose The Boathouse, Narcoossee's and or Jiko.

I could've easily voted 20 more times for Yachtsman. For a joint focus of steak and overall wonderful experience, there's just no other WDW comparison in my opinion. Our joint focus matched yours prior to booking our 1st Yachtsman. My DH was in sheer carnivore heaven!:cloud9: I have pics of him staring at the chef carving cuts in the glassed display room w/ the same love as looking at me! :rotfl2:After his meal, he looked blissfully food drunk ha! :P I'm not a huge meat eater, nor do I clear my plate often. My ceaser salad with their homemade lemon zest dressing was the best I've had anywhere, the steak compared to that of a good off property gourmet steak house (When Disney food can start matching/topping real world choices, its not to be missed), and I cleaned my whole plate. The atmosphere was nice, yet relaxed and welcoming. We left feeling fat and happy :lovestruc, with a friendly warning from DH that he'd only keep coming back to Disney if we started to eat there at least once every trip. LoL In comparison, that was the trip we had our 1st dinner at Citricos. While it was (just) ok, DH was underwhelmed and asked that we not go back.

Your DDP Question: We were on the regular plan. We were able to choose between a dessert or sub it w/ a salad, and we were able to choose a side with our steak. Just the 2 credits off our plan, only our wine/gratuity OOP. A bonus was boating to Epcot to enjoy a bit of the World Sowcase & Illuminations after.

Of the ones you listed...Flying Fish...no doubt! However....Artist Point is my absolute favorite signature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter