Best touring shoe or sandal for wide feet

I just got the New Balance "Minimus," and a can't say enough great things about them. They are super cute (they look great with shorts, skirts, dresses, jeans), very lightweight, breathable and crazy comfy. My foot measures "slightly wide" and I was able to comfortably wear the regular width. So I imagine the wide width would accommodate even very wide feet. Wore these over Spring break walking miles and miles in Charleston and had no tiredness or soreness in my feet/legs.

I swear by sketchers athletic shoes. They have memory foam in them and they are very comfortable and lightweight for walking all day. They do come in wide widths in a variety of colors and will not break the bank.

I have wide feet as well. Only walking/running shoes I wear are made by New Balance. If you can find a store near you, they are awesome at measuring and fitting your feet correctly. If not, many stores carry the New Balance brand. The one that works for me also has a wide toe box which keeps my toes nice and comfy.

Agree 100%

I now live in my New Balance 860v6. I bought a second pair yesterday in Florida-worthy colors. :D
860v6-ladies-538x218.jpe

I have been "blessed" with wide feet, made only wider after two pregnancies. Wondering if anyone else with my blessing can recommend their favorite shoe or sandal to wear at the parks available in W. Thanks for any suggestions :goodvibes

My fiancee has pretty wide feet too. Around the start of the year she was getting really bad joint pain and swelling in her hands, fingers, and feet. The swelling would come and go. After months of going to doctors, we found out it was Lyme Disease. While she was having her symptoms, she found a shoe and sandal that actually didn't make her feet hurt worse.

Sketchers Goga-Mat Shoes

13980_bbk-cross.jpg

Sketchers Goga-Mat Sandals
71DUdbnqqDL._UL1500_.jpg

Now that her symptoms are gone, she still wears these because she says it feels like she is walking on Marshmallows. She's even converted her mom into wearing them.

Vasque Mantra 2.0 GTX hiking shoe. I am on my third pair of these, live in them all day, everyday, year round. Bought my first pair and took them to WDW right out of the box one day before leaving. Put them on, with no break in time, and wore them for 7 days in the world. Pure heaven. Retail $144.95, but hunting around can be had for $114.95 online. Simply an outstanding product, highly recommend.

I can't stand hot feet, so it's Croc sandals for my wide feet. They're the only shoe that I can walk long distances in. I just bought a pair of the Croc Stillwater flat mary janes, but haven't tried them out yet. That will be my first pair of enclosed shoes (they're mesh), which I hope will be a good alternative.

I think the key to not getting blisters is rotating, rotating, rotating! My husband doesn't wear sandals so he has 2 pairs of Brooks and one New Balance that he rotates through. I on the other hand LOVE sandals. I rotate between 2 pairs of Tevas, pair of Nike running shoes & pair of sketcher "boat type" shoes. Regardless the shoe, make sure to break them in before going!! Good luck!

I have been "blessed" with wide feet, made only wider after two pregnancies. Wondering if anyone else with my blessing can recommend their favorite shoe or sandal to wear at the parks available in W. Thanks for any suggestions :goodvibes
Keen sandals!

I live in Fit Flops and I have wide feet. Fit Flops are good for wide feet. And I wear them to the parks, walk 10 miles a day in them and my feet never hurt. My back-up shoe is Skecher Go Walks, but try them on before you buy, because I have one pair that I adore (they don't make anymore) and I've tried to buy some new and the new styles seem to be more narrow.

I wear either Asics or Brooks and make sure I have socks that are very breathable. Make sure your socks are made of a wicking material, not cotton.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter