Best time to travel to Disney.....

2peasinapod

Earning My Ears
When is the best time to travel to Disney. I would prefer less crowds. The last 3 times we went was in August/September times and that fine a little hot.

Are there months when the crowds are at a lower attendance?

Also, how do Isign up for those PINS?

TIA

I've gone to WDW everything month and have found that September is the least crowded most of the time. Yes, it is hot, but as far as the crowds I would say it's the least crowded month. I would also say mid-January is not a bad choice, either.

About the Pin Codes I am not sure. We own DVC and we're Florida residents and I've never received a Pin Code. But I am also curious about how people get them...:confused3

Have never traveled in the summer months or November.

Have been February thru May, October and December. All months have been great, each offers different holiday theming. We will be traveling in September for the first time this fall.

I think October and May are my favorite months. Love the F&G. Love Halloween.

September seems to have the lowest crowds in my experience. BUT, the humidity is too miserable for us so we won't go back in September.

The last few times we went were in November. The crowds weren't bad (but not nearly as empty as September was) and the weather was much better.

I lived for 2 years in FL and I would recommend mid October to Mid November for any travel to Florida. The weather has cooled off and the humidity isn't as bad. The rainy season is over. The snowbirds aren't down there yet (for the most part) and the kids are in school so the population is a bit lower.

A close second would be the first week of December if you want to see the parks all decorated for Christmas. The weather is still nice and since the kids are still in school the holiday crowds aren't there yet.

I found October to be very light and enjoyable. Also the F&W Festival at Epcot is on during that time.

I enjoy early Dec...the decorations, the additional Christmas activities and attractions, values season, great weather and lower crowds. I also enjoy April or May, non holiday times. Great weather, lower crowds and the Epcot F&GF.

We find early May to be great, although may be biased as that is the ONLY time we have gone to WDW! The weather has been amazing (not stinkin' hot!) and sunny, and the crowds manageable.

And, when we come home, springtime is in full swing, so it is always nice to come back to everything in full bloom! It cushions the blow of leaving the World.

When is the best time to travel to Disney. I would prefer less crowds. The last 3 times we went was in August/September times and that fine a little hot.

Are there months when the crowds are at a lower attendance?

Also, how do Isign up for those PINS?

TIA

It used to be September, but free dining brings out a lot of people now (and like you said, it's just too hot). I would go for early November. Disney will never be "dead" again, but it should be manageable then.

I find January a good time to visit. The parks are rarely crowded and it's never hot. On the other hand, you might get colder weather than you would expect for Florida (especially this year - dear lord it's been cold!!).

From a crowds perspective, January, September and the first half of November seem the best.

Pete

We enjoy Sept for the lower crowds but it is still brutally Hot and Humid.As for the pins, there is no way to guarantee them.Disney chooses recipients and does not divulge the who,how and why certain people get them and others do not.To increase your chances , sign up for emails on disney.com ,order a vacation dvd, and even price out some trips...Other than that not much else you can do.Up until last year I had never received a single one, and now I am getting them and I did nothing different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter