best time to look for resort openings?

SuperJ

Not born, but mostly raised in Disney
Trying to add a night to my resort reservation during a holiday week. Everything is fully booked. Not unsurprising but trying to hope for the best. I know there's a small chance things may open at the 30 day mark (which would be in the next couple days) and the 5 day mark. However, is there a specific time that is best to check, where the system "refreshes" or something (like the ADRs open at 7 EST each day)?

Also, is there any other strategy to trying to extend an existing reservation for a night? Or is it just "keep checking via the internet and hope"? I tried calling and they told me all I can do is keeping trying via the "change my reservation" option on the site.

I don't know about how availability is updated, but I know that Disney's systems can be maddeningly inconsistent. With that in mind, I would suggest you expand your search beyond trying to modify your current reservation. Look for a new reservation of one night--if available, grab it. You can always link or merge later. Also, look for a longer stay that includes your one night. You can book that and then drop the nights you don't need. I have done that before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter