Best time to go to Disneyland in July

LuckyLuuk

Earning My Ears
Hi there,
We are a family from the Netherlands and we want to visit Disneyland in the week before or after the 4th of July.
I've read that summer is one of the busiest time to visit...
What is, in your opinion the best day to go???
We only want to visit Disneyland for one day :)

Of the 2 ~ the week after the 4th. Annual Pass Block Outs don't take full effect until 7/3. Have fun!

I am afraid I can't help you with your question.

I am visiting the Netherlands in July and I am so excited!

See
What you read about summer being one the busiest times to visit is outdated. It is not that summer has low crowds. But crowds are not nearly as bad as times like Spring Break or Holidays.

In any case here are some guidelines for you:

1. Go after July 4. The week before will be very busy because of World of Color and unblocked APs - see Understanding AP Blockouts and Impact on Crowds

2. If you only have one day you want to choose a day that is not a Magic Morning (MM). MM is on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. MMs allow some visitors into DL early and if you come for the day you will be behind several thousand people already in the park - see Magic Morning (Early Entry) Super Thread. Note that if you arrive late to the parks (late as in after 9AM in July) then it will not matter whether you go on a MM or not. It really only matters if you go near park opening at 8AM.

3. It is better to go on a weekday in summer than weekend - usually.

4. July 4 is a holiday - it sounds like you know that. Since it falls on a Sunday this year then most business will close on July 5 freeing up people to visit around then. Historically the days around July 4 are very crowded at DLR. But last year crowds were low on and around July 4.

I think Wednesday is the best day for you. No MM. Not near a weekend. Go to DLR on July 7. :wizard:

Dobie, have fun in the Netherlands!
What are you planning to see? Are you "doing Europe"?

Thanks!

We will be in Amsterday July 4-July 9. We are also visiting Paris, Disneyland Paris (of course) and Bruges.

I second what's being said about going after July 4th. We were there last year the middle of July and had a great time..the crowds were manageable. It can be a little warm in the afternoon but we took a squirt bottle for the kids to play with and they didn't complain once about the heat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter