Best time of day to let kiddos build droids?

Clara Fett

Earning My Ears
We will be there next week and have 2 x HS days. Our kids are 7 & 9 and have been obsessing over building droids (our March 2020 trip was cancelled due to the shutdown). Wondering if there is a better, or more convenient, time of day to build them? Also, should I make reservations (if available). We are a huge SW family & will spend a considerable amount of time in GE. I know they will want to carry them around & experience the interactions etc. I absolutely want them to have time to enjoy them but what if we want to ride Slinky later in the day ... what do we do with them then?? Thinking they will want to bring them back for our 2nd HS day also. Would love your tips & advice please! Thank you

We will be there next week and have 2 x HS days. Our kids are 7 & 9 and have been obsessing over building droids (our March 2020 trip was cancelled due to the shutdown). Wondering if there is a better, or more convenient, time of day to build them? Also, should I make reservations (if available). We are a huge SW family & will spend a considerable amount of time in GE. I know they will want to carry them around & experience the interactions etc. I absolutely want them to have time to enjoy them but what if we want to ride Slinky later in the day ... what do we do with them then?? Thinking they will want to bring them back for our 2nd HS day also. Would love your tips & advice please! Thank you
It's really hard to say. You may want to grab a snack or meal before heading in as you could be waiting for others to finish their droids.

When we went 2 weeks ago, I had the droid reservation 25 minutes before our lunch ADR. We didn't have much else to do In GE, so we went over 30 minutes early. By the time we were done, it was time for our ADR.

Do you have a Disney Visa card? You may want to do the photopass for that in Launch bay with the droids, which is what we did. If you want to take the droids on RotR, you'll probably want to do the droids pretty early to plan to be done before your boarding group is called.

Overall, I'd say build early to get more time with them, but that also depends on if you want to hit any other short lines in the park.

Someone else will have to answer the ride question as we didn't go on rides while we had the droids. We went back to hotel after lunch and launch bay pics.

It's really hard to say. You may want to grab a snack or meal before heading in as you could be waiting for others to finish their droids.

When we went 2 weeks ago, I had the droid reservation 25 minutes before our lunch ADR. We didn't have much else to do In GE, so we went over 30 minutes early. By the time we were done, it was time for our ADR.

Do you have a Disney Visa card? You may want to do the photopass for that in Launch bay with the droids, which is what we did. If you want to take the droids on RotR, you'll probably want to do the droids pretty early to plan to be done before your boarding group is called.

Overall, I'd say build early to get more time with them, but that also depends on if you want to hit any other short lines in the park.

Someone else will have to answer the ride question as we didn't go on rides while we had the droids. We went back to hotel after lunch and launch bay pics.

This is super helpful - thank you so much!!! I can see it makes sense to build early now so they have more time to play. Like you said, we can always leave and come back for some rides.

And thank you for the tip about the Visa card photopass! For some reason I assumed that wouldn’t be offered right now and so it’s great to know we have the opportunity to get some pics.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond! Hope you had a great trip!

This is super helpful - thank you so much!!! I can see it makes sense to build early now so they have more time to play. Like you said, we can always leave and come back for some rides.

And thank you for the tip about the Visa card photopass! For some reason I assumed that wouldn’t be offered right now and so it’s great to know we have the opportunity to get some pics.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond! Hope you had a great trip!
You’re welcome! I didn’t mention earlier, but the Visa photopass characters are being photoshopped in right now, so you won’t actually meet them, but still fun. We got several pix with the Star Wars characters here, whereas at Epcot, we only got 1 pix with characters.

Also, you’re not supposed to use the remote control feature with the droids while in the park, but they do interact in other ways and it’ll be fun to take them along on the Star Wars rides, including them in the family pictures if you take pix while on the ride, photopass photos in Galaxies Edge, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter