Best time of day to go to GE?

sapphirerose915

DIS Veteran
Would you suggest going at dusk or during the day to get the full effect- going in May so I know it stays lighter later- just wondering if being there at night is a must!
Thank you!!

I always recommend going both at daytime and night, the lighting in the land is amazing, really beautiful. But it's good to go in the daytime to see more details
Crowd wise the land clears nicely at the ends of the night

Last edited:
I have a 2:20 FP for TSM, and I plan on going straight into GE after we get off that so that we see it at both times. Our Cantina reservation isn't until 4:30 or so, so we'll probably do shopping before and then queue up for Rise after. I'm thinking that - short of dope dropping - that's gonna be the easiest time to get on.

I would hit it for a few hours at night, and get on SR right at park closing for minimal wait (I think we waited 30 minutes). That land is amazing at night!
See it again during the day though to get all the little details. I had a lot of fun with the Data Pad on the Disney Play app.

We went for afternoon and evening, and the night time was FAR better. Especially when playing with swords, or waiting for Oga's. Have fun!

Evening was much better. Lines were longer and crowds seemed crankier in the afternoon while the evenings seemed more chill.

We were there Thanksgiving week and it was uncomfortably warm in the 75 degree afternoons. Lack of airflow and not much shade made it feel at least 10-15 degrees warmer than the rest of the park. July is going to feel like Tatooine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter