Best time of day for Trader Sams

zpbarn01

Mouseketeer
I am travelling to Disneyland Feb 5th - 9th, solo. I have always wanted to sit at the bar and have "several" adult beverages and take in the theming of Trader Sams. I'm 0-3 so far at the Disney World version only able to sit out on the patio. Understanding that the Disneyland version is iconic and the original...how do the crowds compare? I can literally go anytime of day as I will be solo and my plans are wide open. Is after 8pm when it is restrictive to children the best time? Thanks for any tips here!

Any time we have been at night, the patio is the only thing available and we've had to stalk and fight for it. We have been able to sit inside twice and both times were early afternoon. I just don't think too many people with kids make the trek over there and use up park time. I could be wrong, and it's been a while since we've tried, but that's the experiences we've had. It still wasn't easy to get inside, it's a very small place and a line to get in forms at the door when it gets too crowded. Since there's just you, you might be able to squeeze in easier.

The earlier the better in my experiences. Almost every time I’ve gone within the first few hours of opening I’ve been able to get a seat with little to no waiting (with my girlfriend), while I’ve only been able to get a seat a couple times at night. You might have better luck being solo tho

The only time I've had to wait to get inside was on NYE. At about 10:30 it was a 30 mins wait to get in, once inside you're not guaranteed a seat but you will be able to order and take in the theme. My vote would be that later is better, I've gotten there after 11pm on a Saturday and found a seat right away. It's kind of down to luck of the draw.

I am travelling to Disneyland Feb 5th - 9th, solo. I have always wanted to sit at the bar and have "several" adult beverages and take in the theming of Trader Sams. I'm 0-3 so far at the Disney World version only able to sit out on the patio. Understanding that the Disneyland version is iconic and the original...how do the crowds compare? I can literally go anytime of day as I will be solo and my plans are wide open. Is after 8pm when it is restrictive to children the best time? Thanks for any tips here!

Our last time staying at the DLH (Apr 2017) I went to Trader Sams every afternoon while DS and DH rested in the room after lunch. Just about every time I was able to get in without any problem and get a seat at the bar. I did sit outside at least twice by choice because I felt better taking up a table outside while I read a book and had a few drinks as opposed to doing that inside where seating was more limited.

We went to trader sams during our stay in December. Both times it was around 2-3 pm. It was mostly busy inside not many people on the patio. two of us were able to get a seat at the bar and there was at least one table open.

i do think many people are at the parks at that time so it was fine crowds wise. Like pp mentioned probably late at night will probably be a good time too

We went early-mid afternoon and found a table right away. It was mostly full but there always seemed to be one empty table and seats at the bar. We were one of 2 families with kids so not even a lot of kids in there.

Agree w the earlier the better. We do Trader Sam's for lunch during our midday break. Never had to wait for a table. After lunch we head back to the room for a rest and a cocktail induced nap if the mood strikes.

The wait for inside will be shorter the earlier you go. Go at opening time for lunch & grab a table right away or go any time before 5pm for reasonable waits. If you wait til peak drinking time after 8pm you’re going to be waiting for ages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter