Best time for a trip?

Bren's Mom

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I'm new here. We'd like to take our 2 boys to Disney. Right now they're almost 1 and 11 1/2. I'm thinking I'd like to go next summer. Christmas is definitely out since the older one is my dss and it's unlikely we'd manage to get him for a whole week over Christmas. Sooo, it's either summer or a school break. Other than the heat, what are the major drawbacks to summer? Any suggestions for the best places to stay? I've been to WDW several times, the last time I stayed with my sister since she lived down there. The time before that I stayed at the Dolphin and loved it. We need to be somehwere that will make both boys happy...stuff for toddlers and a preteen.

Any help would be appreciated...I'm learning lots from these boards!!

Coleen

We went near the end of July and with Planning and knowing what we were going to hit each day--the crowds were not a factor! We rode everything we wanted with little or no waiting. We saw all of the shows we wanted. Use the fastpass system. Stay on these boards and you will get lots of tips!!

...then when ISN'T it crowded? What would be the best time to go with the least # of people? We can't take ds out of school and we don't really care too much that it be beach weather 24/7...so what WOULD be the ideal time?

TIA!

Coleen

We went in March and really loved it. The weather was just perfect low 80's and no rain. We did not think the crowds were too bad but we always went for park opening and definately saw an increase in crowds starting around 11AM. This is considered Peak season so the pricing was more than any other season but we thought it was worth it for the beautiful weather conditions... we don't do the hot & hummid envirnoment very well. As long as your spring break is not the week before or after Easter... then the crowds should be very manageable.

mikymouse, thank you...going first thing in the morning is an excellent idea!

and Katy, thank you also! GREAT website. It looks like for this coming year potentially the best time for us would be my dss's April vacation. Especially the end of that week. If we stayed through Sunday and maybe came back on Monday (with him missing just 1 day of school) that might be best. The only problem is if we have alot of snow days this year. When they go beyond a certain # they start taking from the end of April break. I'll have to find out how often that really happens.

Anyone have a good link that tells you when is Peak, Value, etc? Now I have to figure out what's more important...less crowds or less money! LOL

Coleen :thumbsup2

I pasted this from the Disney Web Site... just do a search on season. It appears that there are five season in 2007. Have fun planning ;)

Compare 2007 Season Rates
Value Season Regular Season Summer Season Peak Season Holiday Season Pre-Holiday Season

Disney Value Resorts
Value from $82 (1/1 - 2/14)(8/5 - 10/3)(11/25 - 12/19)
Regularfrom $99 (4/15 - 5/23) (10/4 - 11/24)
Summer from $109 (5/24 - 8/4)
Peak from $119 (2/15 - 4/14)
Holiday from $129(12/20 - 12/31)

Disney Moderate Resorts
Value from $145 (1/1 - 2/14)(8/5 - 10/3)(11/25 - 12/19)
Regular from $165 (4/15 - 5/23) (10/4 - 11/24)
Summer rom $175 (5/24 - 8/4)
Peakfrom $185 (2/15 - 4/14)
Holiday from $199 (12/20 - 12/31)

Disney Deluxe Resorts
Value from $215(1/1 - 2/14)(7/8 - 10/3)(11/25 - 12/19)
Regular from $265 (4/15 - 7/7)(10/4 - 11/24)
Summer/Peak from $325(2/15 - 4/14)
Holidayfrom $359 (12/20 - 12/31)

Bren's Mom said:
mikymouse, thank you...going first thing in the morning is an excellent idea!

and Katy, thank you also! GREAT website. It looks like for this coming year potentially the best time for us would be my dss's April vacation. Especially the end of that week. If we stayed through Sunday and maybe came back on Monday (with him missing just 1 day of school) that might be best. The only problem is if we have alot of snow days this year. When they go beyond a certain # they start taking from the end of April break. I'll have to find out how often that really happens.

Anyone have a good link that tells you when is Peak, Value, etc? Now I have to figure out what's more important...less crowds or less money! LOL

Coleen :thumbsup2

Coleen,

I'm not sure if we're allowed to post websites on this forum, but if you do a google search for allearsnet, the first website that shows up on your search will give you TONS of information, including info about value, peak & regular seasons. Also, there is a banner for Tour Guide Mike on the home page of these message boards. I'd check it out too.

Hope this helps! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter