Best Thanksgiving when some want traditional and some don't

michellej47

Mouseketeer
Where do you suggest a family eat Thanksgiving dinner when most of us want traditional Turkey dinner but some are not into that. Do any restaurants or buffets have both??

Garden Grill, in EPCOT, is a character meal (Farmer Mickey, Chip & Dale, Pluto) that serves Turkey and a variety of other proteins as well as fresh vegetables from The Land. We really enjoy the food there. Whether or not you mind a character meal or not....??? Obviously Liberty Tree Inn serves the Thanksgiving Dinner at dinner time, but at lunch they have a full menu of many options. Have a great trip.

I don't have any experience it with myself but have read that Boma is very good for Thanksgiving. They have their usual African inspired items but also add turkey, mashed potatoes, etc. Seems like a good option for those looking for traditional and those that aren't.

A lot of the restaurants will serve their regular menu + a special Thanksgiving dinner option. Most of the resort restaurants do this - GF Cafe, The Wave, Olivias, etc. 50's PT has their regular menu and the blue plate special was turkey.

I would suggest Liberty Tree Tavern. They have a lovely homestyle Thanksgiving option as well as others eg: Pork roast, meatloaf, Pot roast, Grilled chicken salad and more...

I don't have any experience it with myself but have read that Boma is very good for Thanksgiving. They have their usual African inspired items but also add turkey, mashed potatoes, etc. Seems like a good option for those looking for traditional and those that aren't.

I agree. We love Thanksgiving dinner there! If you make a 4 pm ADR or around there is not too crowded yet.

I keep hearing great things about Fresh Mediterranean Market. Menu from last year has a nice variety and looks very good.

Last year we had our Thanksgiving dinner at Paddlefish. My in-laws wanted traditional and they really enjoyed the Thanksgiving dinner offering there. Others chowed down on various seafood dishes. There was something for everyone.

I came here to say this! Protein and carving stations - there is usually some sweet potato option as well. Thinking about it, I could have made a whole plate that was just Thanksgiving-style foods.

One year we were staying at Coronado Springs on Thanksgiving. We had the best meal in their food court. They had a special Thanksgiving station set up. Some of us had that while others picked other things out. It was just our family and 2 other families. We had the best time. We got to really talk to the CMs as they weren't busy at all. It is a special family memory for me!

We had Thanksgiving dinner at GF Cafe. They had a special Turkey dinner, which two of us had. Another had steak (which looked really good) and another had ravioli. It worked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!