Best strategy to watch Fantasmic and fireworks on the same night

Camilo

1992 98 06 07 10 11 13 (cruise) 15 16 18 22
Hi folks,

Taking the family for the 1st time to DL in 2 months.

We will only have 3 days in the park: September 1st, 2nd and 3rd, with park hopper tickets.

On the 3rd day, we need to leave DL to the airport around 6:30 PM, so that night is out, when it comes to nightly entertainment options.

In the other 2 nights, our goal is to watch:

- Fantasmic and fireworks at DL on the 1st, if possible.

- WOC at DCA on the 2nd, thinking of the dessert party, it should open up tomorrow for us to book.

I would be open to watch the fireworks on the same day as the WOC show, it it makes more sense than trying to fit on the same day as Fantasmic.

What would be the best way to make it happen? Can you watch the fireworks from the Fantasmic location?

I also would like to know the best option for a "seating show" at Fantasmic if possible.

Thanks in advance...

Seating for Fantasmic there are two options.

1. Regular Dining Packages at Hungry Bear, Blue Bayou or River Belle.
You get your food earlier in the day, and they give you a ticket for the viewing section. The viewing sections are at the railings, at the water. The railings are divided into 3 sections, one for each restaurant. Everyone sits on the ground for the show.

2. Premium Dining Package at Riverbelle
This is a limited amount of tables. You sit at an elevated patio area of the restaurant , which is not near the water. You eat your food just before / during the the show

Fantasmic and Fireworks
I did this last week. I had the Hungry Bear dining package for the first Fantasmic at 9pm. I got a spot at the railings. After the show they announce that you can stay in the viewing section for the fireworks. For Fantasmic everyone sits on the ground, for the fireworks everyone stands. I was able to stay at the railings for the fireworks. They use the fountains for the projections and lay the music through the sound system and you can see the middle and high fireworks. You do miss some of the special effects that are only at the Castle

We went last week and watched the fireworks and 2nd Fantasmic. Just after MSEP went by we made our way to Main St right right about where Jolly Holiday is located. After fireworks we moved with the crowd through Frontier Land and there was plenty of standing room options and we grabbed a spot in front of RBT. Of course we were not on the railing, but only a few people deep. The standing area is slopped slightly so it was not an issue to see over the people in front of us. We are just two adults so if you have little ones it may be a little harder for them to see from that location. In that case a dinning package may be better as I believe those areas are seating on the ground.

Seating for Fantasmic there are two options.

1. Regular Dining Packages at Hungry Bear, Blue Bayou or River Belle.
You get your food earlier in the day, and they give you a ticket for the viewing section. The viewing sections are at the railings, at the water. The railings are divided into 3 sections, one for each restaurant. Everyone sits on the ground for the show.

2. Premium Dining Package at Riverbelle
This is a limited amount of tables. You sit at an elevated patio area of the restaurant , which is not near the water. You eat your food just before / during the the show

Fantasmic and Fireworks
I did this last week. I had the Hungry Bear dining package for the first Fantasmic at 9pm. I got a spot at the railings. After the show they announce that you can stay in the viewing section for the fireworks. For Fantasmic everyone sits on the ground, for the fireworks everyone stands. I was able to stay at the railings for the fireworks. They use the fountains for the projections and lay the music through the sound system and you can see the middle and high fireworks. You do miss some of the special effects that are only at the Castle
Thank you so much. I was able to secure a Hungry Bear reservation for the first show just now. Everything else (BB or RB) was not available for the 1st.
I may use this approach to watch it from there, missing the castle projection, if there's no other or better option.

We went last week and watched the fireworks and 2nd Fantasmic. Just after MSEP went by we made our way to Main St right right about where Jolly Holiday is located. After fireworks we moved with the crowd through Frontier Land and there was plenty of standing room options and we grabbed a spot in front of RBT. Of course we were not on the railing, but only a few people deep. The standing area is slopped slightly so it was not an issue to see over the people in front of us. We are just two adults so if you have little ones it may be a little harder for them to see from that location. In that case a dinning package may be better as I believe those areas are seating on the ground.
I think we will be SO TIRED that we need the seating, even if it's on the floor.... Thanks for the suggestion though....

I have the same dilemma as you for our trip next year, first week of May. We will only have 2 nights, a Fri/Sat to watch the entertainment options.

I'd been trying to work it out and I like Boardwalkin's idea - except I will probably get the HB pkg for the 2nd showing of Fantasmic which should allow entry to the seated area to watch the show. When my son was younger he always wanted to be on the railing but he'll be 17 and I don't think he will care so much now. My husband and son won't want to stand for long.

Last time my husband and I went we sat at the back of the BB section as he needed a pole to lean on and due to the sloped ground the viewing was still excellent.

I'm leaning towards doing what Boardwalkin has suggested now. We'll watch fireworks in front of castle and then make our way around to 2nd showing of Fantasmic. Then we'll do WOC on the other night.

As suggested, you can watch the fireworks from the Fantasmic area but whilst it's a good backup it's not really the prime spot to watch them. The projections onto the water fountains are actually very good but I don't believe the fireworks viewing is that great from there. It's a good compromise though if you can't make it work any other way .
There's also good view of fireworks in Galaxy's Edge but no projections and I don't believe there was any music piped in.

Thank you! I was going to ask in a thread how to make it work for us but I think I like the plan of fireworks in Main St then 2nd Fantasmic and WOC on the other night. I'd been thinking about fireworks then crossing to DCA for 2nd WOC but a lot of people leave after fireworks and whilst it MAY be possible my husband and son would not appreciate the hustle or the crowds to do it!

It is likely going to be the last time that I am able to go to Disneyland so I would like to watch the fireworks in front of the castle if possible but also not miss Fantasmic or WOC in our 2 nights there.
I think I'm happy with this plan. I hope you can come up with a good plan that will suit you and your group - good luck!!

Is it possible to watch Fireworks from Main Street and the get to Fantasmic if you have a Dining Package for the second Show?

Is it possible to watch Fireworks from Main Street and the get to Fantasmic if you have a Dining Package for the second Show?
Technically yes, as its not that far, but you are in people soup, and going against the flow of people , through narrow walkways. The viewing area entrance is opposite Haunted Mansion, so on Mainstreet you are going against the flow of people leaving after the fireworks, and then in Adventureland / New Orleans Square you are going against the flow of people leaving after Fantasmic and then hitting all the people who have been waiting to get into the viewing areas. By the time you actually get to the viewing area entrance, it will be full and you will be at the back

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter