Best Strategy for MSEP, Celebrate the Magic, and Wishes in One Night?

We followed the parade in January when we had fastpasses for MSEP and ended up in the middle of Main Street just past the Main Street Bakery for Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. The main problem I see, with getting to the Wishes FP area, is everyone just stopped dead in the middle of the street - you'd have to try really hard to get around them. The CM's were doing a good job of keeping people moving on the walkways though, so if you do try it I would get on the walkways as soon as you can.

If they have opened the "backstage" pathway behind the Main Street buildings,
take that route instead of following the parade.

Below shows where to enter that pathway, right nest to Tony's Restaurant.

MK-Tonys-Paths_013114B_zps5904e14b.jpg

As the Hub work has progressed does anyone know if they plan to move the MSEP viewing back to the Hub? We are going in November and there is only one parade the night we'll be there at 7, with CTM at 7:45 and Wishes at 8. We've got a few weeks before the FP+ window opens up but wondering about this same question. We were at DLR in May and my wife got shoved all over the place during the fireworks so we're determined to have a great experience this time. Slower time of the year, with only one MSEP, what's our best strategy for seeing all three evening events? Robo, your map/photos are awesome!

As the Hub work has progressed does anyone know if they plan to move the MSEP viewing back to the Hub?

That has not been announced, one way or the other.

Thanks for kind words about the maps, g8rben!

On my fp for me on nov 3 it s said central plaza place

That would be an update, thanks for the news Cath. So if the FP viewing area for MSEP is back to the Hub, would that also be a good place to just stay and watch Wishes?

That would be an update, thanks for the news Cath. So if the FP viewing area for MSEP is back to the Hub, would that also be a good place to just stay and watch Wishes?

Wondering the same thing!!

It depends on the location of the viewing area.

It depends on the location of the viewing area.
yess sorry..me = msep..lol dawn cell phone! wondering same thing.. I fp both,,but when I look at where MSEP FP is..it'S look better place tha Wishes FP to check CTM and wishes

another question..do you think wishes on november 6 will be with xmas light on the castle..when I look on youtube at about that time..It's seem like it is..I think get a great view for Wishes with xmas light will be a great way to finish that trip..any experience about that

I did not read all the replies, but this is what worked well for us:

FP+ for MSEP. Then we moved up by the flag pole after the parade to watch Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. DS (2.5) was able to stand on the rail around the flag pole (holding onto us of course) and be "adult height" for watching and we were all able to see both Celebrate the Magic and Wishes really well. We were also far enough back that exiting was not terrible either.

Bonus: Since we were right there, I was able to take DS over to meet talking Mickey and be back for Celebrate the Magic. It helped fill the gap and there was virtually no line!

I just snagged FP+ for both MSEP and Wishes for early Nov. The viewing area for MSEP says "Central Plaza Viewing Area" and Wishes says "Main Street Plaza viewing area". I'm a little confused where these are. Should I drop the MSEP and keep the Wishes FP+? Can we have a good view of both if we can get into the Wishes FP+ area early? (MSEP is at 7 pm; Wishes FP+ opens at 7:35 pm)? TIA.

ETA--so rereading replies "central plaza viewing area" is the hub--can we stay put there for Celebrate the Magic and Wishes if we FP+ MSEP, or will they make us move? TIA

Last edited:
I just snagged FP+ for both MSEP and Wishes for early Nov. The viewing area for MSEP says "Central Plaza Viewing Area" and Wishes says "Main Street Plaza viewing area". I'm a little confused where these are. Should I drop the MSEP and keep the Wishes FP+? Can we have a good view of both if we can get into the Wishes FP+ area early? (MSEP is at 7 pm; Wishes FP+ opens at 7:35 pm)? TIA.

ETA--so rereading replies "central plaza viewing area" is the hub--can we stay put there for Celebrate the Magic and Wishes if we FP+ MSEP, or will they make us move? TIA

Nobody will make you move.

BTW, I think that you have the two locations backwards in this post.
Can you re-check?
They would not have Wishes viewing moved from the Hub.

The viewing area for MSEP says "Central Plaza Viewing Area" and Wishes says "Main Street Plaza viewing area".

This is what I see on MDE:

Ahhh, you left out a word in your posting.

Wishes viewing area does not say "Main Street Plaza Viewing Area,"
it says, "Main Street Plaza Gardens Viewing Area," which would be the new Hub Wishes areas.

And, it looks like they will be sending parade FP+ to some area in the Hub again.
It could very well be exactly where it used to be (which is in the circular area that also contains
the "Partners" statue of Walt and Mickey) but
until they actually start this in practice, we just don't know for sure.
Stay tuned.

Attachments

• upload_2015-9-3_13-51-8.png
    upload_2015-9-3_13-51-8.png
    420.8 KB · Views: 0
Ahhh, you left out a word in your posting.

Wishes viewing area does not say "Main Street Plaza Viewing Area,"
it says, "Main Street Plaza Gardens Viewing Area," which would be the new Hub Wishes areas.

And, it looks like they will be sending parade FP+ to some area in the Hub again.
It could very well be exactly where it used to be (which is in the circular area that also contains
the "Partners" statue of Walt and Mickey) but
until they actually start this in practice, we just don't know for sure.
Stay tuned.

Devil's in the details :). Thanks for checking where these will be (hopefully!). Time will tell.

ETA--when I click the "i" next to the viewing area for MSEP FP+ this descriptor comes up
"Reserved viewing location in front of Cinderella's Castle"

So the parade begins in Frontierland and ends on Main Street or is it the other way around? Also what is the talking Mickey? Never heard of this!

So the parade begins in Frontierland and ends on Main Street or is it the other way around? Also what is the talking Mickey? Never heard of this!

Festival of Fantasy Parade: begins in Frontierland and ends on Main Street.
Main Street Electrical Parade: goes the opposite direction.

-when I click the "i" next to the viewing area for MSEP FP+ this descriptor comes up
"Reserved viewing location in front of Cinderella's Castle"

Below is a new version of where I am GUESSING the Parade FP+ area will be
if and when they move it to the Hub. (Looks like this coming Nov.)

MK-Hub-Parade_090315_zpsseojov7k.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter