Best sling like bag/pack to take to WDW?

bcinohio

DIS Veteran
We are going to WDW July 12-19 and I usually take my fanny pack. I would like to get some type of sling type bag/pack that goes over your shoulder and leaves you hands free. I don't want it to be really big just big enough for wallet, camera, phone, etc. I don't want to just hang it on my shoulder like a purse, I would like it to go across the body so your hands are free but it won't fall off.

I know that sounds confusing:confused3 . I just wanted to get something different than the old fanny pack.

Thanks for any tips!:thumbsup2

Sounds a lot like the bag I got. http://www.luggage.com/Baggallini-BVC311-DM1964.html I first heard of Baggallini on the DIS, and I saw this at a local travel store. The company was started by stewardesses, I believe, and their stuff is really designed for traveling. So, it worked out really well - the little outside pocket I used for our World cards and FP's, the next little pocket for a mini first aid thing of kleenex, bandaids, and a couple other things, another pocket had ear plugs, the biggish outside pocket had my camera, and the inside pocket had an organizer where I kept my debit card, cash inside, plus I could fit my son's Nintendo ds lite. Plus, a few important papers with my itinerary, etc. The other outside pocket was good for either airplane boarding passes or maps. I usually kept my phone in my pocket, but it could fit inside, too. (In crowds, I prefer vibrate plus ring, because I'll never hear it ring!)

It's such a personal choice for each person but I have two "Ameribags" I bought off of ebay! I bought one used one for $20 including shipping and one new one for $35. Both were very good buys! (they also have a website ameribag.com)

It can be worn over your shoulder OR slung across the body as you mentioned. I bought a size small and this is what I brought in it.

4 x 6 x 1 book of park info
pen & paper
KTTK (room key)
sunglasses
sunscreen
lip balm
wallet
water bottle (20 oz)
compact camera in case
extra batteries
mini tripod (5" tall)
tissue pack and napkins (just in case)
baggie w/wet wash cloths
sanitizing gel

...and I was even able to stuff a light long steeve shirt in during the evenings for when I go into a/c.

I've tried alot of bags at WDW and this last trip finally found my go to bag. I bought a couple of Overland Equipment Placer bags. They are small and light, but seem to hold a ton of stuff. I never know I'm wearing it. I got my two on clearance at REI and paid less than $20.00 for them They are great, if you don't need to carry alot of stuff. Saying that, I had my little divider thingy I use for credit cards, cash, AP, and room key in the little zipper thing under the flap. A pen and a Tide pen in the two pen slots, my cell phone in the padded area, my digital camera in the zippered middle section (with quite a bit of room left over), and my Hidden Mickey book stuck in the back slot and still had an extra compartment next to my cell phone where I never had anything. The bag is only like 6"x8"x2", maybe, but still holds alot and has a really long strap that easily goes around your chest, for hands free touring. I'm going on a cruise next January and plan to take at least one Placer bag with me for shore excursions.

I love Vera Bradley Bags! My favorite is the small backpack. I attached a Mickey Hollywood Studios hat shaped caliber hook to the strap to hold my Refillable Drink mug - very handy! Vera's bags are a little pricey, but they hold everything!

I bought a Sherpani Pica bag to take to Disney and I love it! I "practice" carrying it so I can be ready :laughing: It crosses the body and is made of ballistic nylon so it should dry easily if it gets wet when I come down Splash Mountain! There is plenty of room for a bottle of water, my camera, an autograph album, with lots of compartments to stash all the extras. You can view all the Sherpani bags on their website or at Zappos.

I have a fanny pack that has a strap that I sling across my body so it sits low on my hip. (Personally would never wear a fanny pack on my waist - not a good look for me!!!) It's plenty big enough to carry everything I need. It also has 2 water bottle holders. I find it's much more convenient when getting on and off rides to have it in the front.

We did jus buy a sling pack from LL Bean - it was one of their Thursday deals for $8. My husband thinks it will be OK, but I still prefer my good ol fanny pack - bought it at GAP years ago and has made MANY trips to the World with me and others!!

I think this year we will just use the children as pack mules and have them carry everything!!!!!

I got this BAG and absolutely love it! There's plenty of room for all your daily needs (I have 2 kids so I have plenty to carry) and there's even 2 pockets for water bottles. You can carry it messenger style or over your shoulder. It isn't too bulky either.

If you just need it big enough for a wallet, small camera, and such, then I recommend the Overland Placer- I wore this every day of my 7 day trip last week. I carried my small digi camera, small wallet, 4x6 photo book with my 4x6 cards of info in it, and kept my KTTW, photopass, fastpasses, etc in the small zipper part in the front for easy access. Perfect!

My park bag is a "Diaper Dude" messenger bag. (they are marketed as diaper bags for dads...hence the camo prints and dragon patches!:laughing: )My step kids could ALWAYS spot me in a crowd!! It's got tons of accessible pockets, a "bottle" holder...I used it for a Diet Coke bottle! It's not huge, but it holds a lot and slings across your body. You can bring it to the front of your body to get at whatever you need without having to stop, take the bag off your back, look through and and then put back on. It's a wonderful "touring" kind of bag! I love my diaper dude! I use it for every trip!!

Fun prints and colors too!! Check them out!! I got mine at www.travelingtikes.com. It was the best deal on the web. $49.99 and free shipping. Anywhere else they are $55 and up, usually plus shipping.

good luck!!!

OH--when I was on my honeymoon I used the Overland Donner bag. It isn't at all big, but it can hold a TON. It has two bottle holders on either side, but it's not at all bulky. It's a good bag, it has an organizer in the front for everything you could need. If you want to go streamlined, this is the bag for you!! My husband and I managed to carry two ponchos, a pair of flip flops, my passporter, our room keys, sunglasses, park maps, a small first aid kid and any other little odds and ends we needed...the middle compartment is very deep and holds a ton!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter