Best shoes for knee pain

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by dsnygirl2006, Oct 7, 2016.

1. dsnygirl2006

dsnygirl2006 DIS Veteran

Hi
    Would love recommendations for a really good walking shoe that helps with knee pain and has great support? Last year at Disney my shoes were terrible and by mid day my knees hurt so bad I could barely walk? Any help would be great, thanks
    Kristy

2. ohMom

ohMom Kids Get Arthritis Too! Moderator

Do you mean sandals? Sneakers?

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. lustergirl

lustergirl DIS Veteran

I just had my right knee replaced in May 2016. I also need my left one done, next summer. I prefer Go Walks by Skechers. They are more comfortable than any type of sneaker that I have owned. They provide lots of cushion and great support for me. I have been walking alot to prepare myself for Disney soon and have had no problems.

5. MamaLaLa

MamaLaLa Earning My Ears

Go walks (not the yoga mat ones) and consider KT taping your knee for extra support.

6. DeezKnee

DeezKnee :D

I don't have any specific recommendations but I would suggest maybe not getting new shoes but instead new inserts or orthotics. You can buy a name brand from a store or I believe you can have custom ones cut for your feet by a physical therapist or doctor that will give better specific cushioning. Also, athletic shoes with thick soles can give your knee better cushioning as well. Here is a link to the Dr Sholl"s website for knee pain where you can have some inserts made: https://www.drscholls.com/lowerbodypain/kneepain/

7. DisFam95

DisFam95 DIS Veteran

I can recommend Superfeet inserts from personal experience w plantar fasciitis and my co worker loved them after her knee surgery - We are both in PT :) They have a website, I've seen them at Nordtroms years ago but I bought mine at my local runners store.

8. hugemouse

hugemouse Earning My Ears

Superfeet inserts are highly rated.

9. MulanUSAF

MulanUSAF Mouseketeer

I love Hoka One One http://www.hokaoneone.com/ Back in 2008 I had knee surgery and the doctors said my running days are over. Fast forward to 2013 when I discovered these beauties and started walk/jog, and much to my surprise, the discomfort in the knee was nothing worse than my other knee. Have done two marathons and a dozen half marathons since. Can't do more than a 5k in regular running shoes without a great deal of pain/inflammation though, so obviously the shoes are the key factor.