Best secret at Universal Studios….Production Tours

zdad59

They call me "ThePrince of Planning"
Maybe they’re not a secret but I only found out about them last week. We are here now and did the Production Tours for Jimmy Fallon and Fast and Furious. They also have them for The Mummy, MIB, Hulk Coaster, and Kong. They are well worth the time. After the tour they ask if you want to do the ride and if yes, they put you to the front of the line !! Only limitation is they only do them when they have enough staff so not all are doing them all the time. AND THEYRE FREE !!!

Last edited:
Is this something you have to register for ahead of time? I am very interested in doing this on my trip!

Is this something you have to register for ahead of time? I am very interested in doing this on my trip!
No, just ask a TM.

We did the tour at Twister before it closed and it was really interesting. Since, we've tried for MIB and Mummy probably 6x each and haven't been able to get the timing right. There's kind of a sweet spot you have to hit where a ride has a lot of staff, but low waits.

We usually end in the the parks at busy times, my wife is a teacher, so we probably start out at a disadvantage.

I remember years ago when Universal had something like that, but on a grander scale. I remember seeing how some popular movies were made, and it was alot of fun. I' m so glad they are doing these new tours.

No, just ask a TM.

We did the tour at Twister before it closed and it was really interesting. Since, we've tried for MIB and Mummy probably 6x each and haven't been able to get the timing right. There's kind of a sweet spot you have to hit where a ride has a lot of staff, but low waits.

We usually end in the the parks at busy times, my wife is a teacher, so we probably start out at a disadvantage.

Awesome! I'll be sure to do this because quite frankly I've always had a huge interest in animatronics and theme park design! Anything production or behind the scenes sounds wonderful!

I try for the MIB tour every time we go and have never been lucky enough to get one, they always say they don't have the staff. Maybe this November! I'll be there the week before Thanksgiving, hopefully they'll have more staff and not high waits and be able to do it.

Maybe they’re not a secret but I only found out about them last week. We are here now and did the Production Tours for Jimmy Fallon and Fast and Furious. They also have them for The Mummy, MIB, Hulk Coaster, and Kong. They are well worth the time. After the tour they ask if you want to do the ride and if yes, they put you to the front of the line !! Only limitation is they only do them when they have enough staff so not all are doing them all the time. AND THEYRE FREE !!!
Oh wow great secret. Never knew. Do you ask at guest services or in front of each ride?

Oh wow great secret. Never knew. Do you ask at guest services or in front of each ride?
At each ride. We've only made it on the one (Twister), but we've asked at the front and been told they didn't have anyone free to do the tour (either low staff or busy ride) and other times they had said to ride first, then ask at unload. So I'm not sure which is the 'right' way, but it wouldn't hurt to ask in both places.

At each ride. We've only made it on the one (Twister), but we've asked at the front and been told they didn't have anyone free to do the tour (either low staff or busy ride) and other times they had said to ride first, then ask at unload. So I'm not sure which is the 'right' way, but it wouldn't hurt to ask in both places.

I've been told the same thing at MIB at various times. I've tried at front where they are checking for express passes and also at the end at unloading. Sometimes the front tells me to ask at unloading and sometimes at unloading they tell me to ask at the front :rotfl2: I never get a yes though no matter where I ask :sad:

I tried at Velicoaster since I've heard that one is very detailed (and I can believe it after seeing the amazing queue. But I hit it too early in the day, she said they don't start until afternoon, and we were in the other park by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter