Best room/building at POP with a rental car?

labdogs42

DIS Veteran
As I read more about POP, I'm hearing that some of the preferred locations might not be so preferred if you have to park a rental car. What building is close to the parking lot and also not too far from the food court and kiddie pool? It will be me, DH, and DS (age 2) on the trip. We will have a stroller with us, but they have elevators, right? Should I request ground floor or not worry about that and focus on location? Hints, tips appreciated -- thanks!

Looking at this map of Pop.. Building 10 or building 9 aren't so bad. And they are close to the Goofy Pop Water jets... which are between building 5 and 6. (Look for the Goofy Face)

The main kiddie pool is located between buildings 4 and 5.

Personally, I much preferred building 2 in the 50s'. It was close to the parking lot and the walk wasn't far at all to EverythingPop or the Hippy Dippy or kiddie pools.

PopCenturyRoomsPref.jpg

We have stayed in the 80's and 90's section and both were close to the parking lot.

Really the resort is not the big so any building is not to far from the main pool and food court plus the cute icons along the way are fun to look at.

Are the yellow lines on the map preferred locations?

So, the resort isn't as huge as it looks on the map? I don't mind a little walking. I have stayed at POR before and it was pretty big but not annoyingly so. I guess the map just makes POP look really spread out!

I stayed in building 6 (70s across from the big wheel) last trip and it was a really good location. Not too far from the food court, bus stop, or parking lot plus it was close to that area where the water shoots up from the ground for the little ones to play in. You might want to consider that area. It looks like only half of building 6 is preferred.

We stayed in Bldg 6 right where there number 6101 is on the map above on the 3rd floor. My truck stayed in the 90s parking lot the whole week I went to check on it once it was fine ;) I would say that either walk was 5 or so minutes. Other then that it was the busses for us with basically no troubles. Couple of longer waits but not bad. Its a yes on the elevators if you see where the 3 legs come together of the building thats where the elevator is. As far as hints about rooms. You want to stay off the 4th floor as it is hotter up there (extra sun exposure), avoid a west facing room as that setting Florida sun is hot and you want to be closer to the elevators. We learned last year that the AC unit is located on the roof near where the 3 legs come together. And then they have to cool all the rooms down each leg and it is not as efficent the farther you get away from the T of the biulding. I do HVAC for a living and we had a bad first night last year until I talked with a maintenance guy and learned all this about the AC unit. Then we moved and had a much better room. The first room we had was also in Bldg, 6 but on the leg closes to the lake the second to last room on the fouth floor on the left side of the leg with a western view. We had 3 different guys there 2 friday night and 1 sat morning and they told it was doing all it could and the room still wasnt very comfortable. And thats when I learned all this.

Are you going to be driving your car to the parks? If so then you want a room in either the 70's, 80's or 90's area. The 50's and 60's parking can be a problem when you return at night as the lots there are smaller. Building 10 would be your best bet to request as it is close to the parking lot and the buses if you decide to use them. It will also be close to the pop jets and the pool.

Ground floor is nice with a stroller but all buildings have elevators in the center.

Are you going to be driving your car to the parks? If so then you want a room in either the 70's, 80's or 90's area. The 50's and 60's parking can be a problem when you return at night as the lots there are smaller. Building 10 would be your best bet to request as it is close to the parking lot and the buses if you decide to use them. It will also be close to the pop jets and the pool.

Ground floor is nice with a stroller but all buildings have elevators in the center.

Yes, We will drive to most parks. Just a personal preference. I'm thinking the 70's sounds like the place for us. That's cool, since DH and I were born in the 70's!

Yes, We will drive to most parks. Just a personal preference. I'm thinking the 70's sounds like the place for us. That's cool, since DH and I were born in the 70's!

From personal experience and what you want, really go for 80s. Yes, it's a bit far from the kiddie pool but not that bad. The reason I'm saying this is that we usually stay in the 80s. One time we checked in and there were no non smoking rooms available there so we were moved to a preferred room in the 70s. That was the longest trip we've ever taken from a Disney resort parking lot to our room.

If you request the 80s building closest to to Classic Hall, you can park in the 90s parking lot and have very quick access to your car. To get to the kiddie pool, it's a short walk to Classic Hall and then make a left.

Trust me, I spent 24 hours in lockdown for Hurricane Francis in an 80s room overlooking the 90s parking lot. We could watch our car and then after the lockdown was over, we could easily go over Classic Hall for food.

if you get rubics cube ,,you can use the rental car to drive to the food court ,,you will need it there,,been there 3 times over the years and the only building i liked was the 50s its next to the food court .and parking wasnt too bad,,

A word of advice if you're going to have your own car. Don't automatically assume the parking lot for your area is the closest to your room. We stayed in 70s, building 10 and found that the 90s parking lot was a lot closer to our room than 70s parking. When you get your room assignment, take a look at the map and determine which parking lot is really the closest to you. We also found that the 90s parking lot was a lot bigger and always had spaces when we returned at night.

when we stayed at Pop this past year, we stayed in Building 10 (the 70s section), bottom floor and the CM at check-in told us to park in the 90s parking lot as that was the closest and most convenient for us. i'd go with Building 10!!! :cool1:

We have requested through TA an accessible room as DH has mobility problems and will be using an ECV. Will the parking be nearby and allocated to the room please?

We have requested through TA an accessible room as DH has mobility problems and will be using an ECV. Will the parking be nearby and allocated to the room please?

On the map above, the handicapped parking is shown with the blue dots. Spaces are not allocated to specific rooms but in the United States, the only cars that can park in a specificed handicapped space is someone who is handicapped or traveling with someone who is. It's a big no-no here, both legally and morally, to take a handicapped space if you don't need it.

You might want to check out the Disabilities board for more specifics but here in the US, people who need those spaces should either have a handicapped license plate or a placard for their car window. The Disabilities board will be able to tell you what you need to do since you are from out of the country.

When I stayed at POP we were in building 1 and it seemed very close to everything and there was elevaters.

Sarah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!