Best room at Kidani Village

gradie42

Mouseketeer
What is the best view for a one bedroom villa at Kidani? We have never requested a room or area before, but are trying to make plans . . .

Thank you!

Kidani is blessed in that almost every SV room seems to have a great view. There are a number of questions you need to answer to determine which area of the resort is best for you:

Keep in mind that the 1st floor is garage...no rooms

I'm assuming you're talking about Savanna view?
  • Which savanna do you want to be on? the 'interior' savanna is the one with Giraffe/cattle and zebra. The outside loop has the Red River hogs and Okapi.
  • Would you like to be 2nd floor - almost eye to eye with the giraffe?
  • 3rd floor gives you a more expansive view, and foliage from the trees blocks direct line of sight into your room from the opposing side.
  • 4th & 5th floors give you the highest vantage points - you can easily see the savanna end to end (or as far as the curves of the buildings allow).
  • Near the lobby gives you a short walk to the reception desk and store as well as the community hall and laundry.
  • The pool is located in the northern loop, the bus stop off of the southern loop. The southern loop is also closer to Jambo house if you want to walk to/from it. Also closer to the BBQ grills and courts.
  • I've found there is far less foot traffic and hallway sounds when you move further down the loops (close to the lobby, we found there are times it feels like the folk in the halls are running right through our unit)
  • Being close to an elevator means direct access to your car (if you have one).

See what I mean? A lot of choices here, there is no one BEST room except for that one that fits your needs.

My answer to this question is very simple....The one you get!:thumbsup2

Anything near an elevator on the 2nd floor with a Savannah view.

Hubby and I just got back from our first stay there :love: We had only requested Sunset Savannah (love my giraffes and zebras) and upper floor. We were on the top floor, north side, steps from the elevator to the lobby. It was an awesome view from up high! You could see all the animals all over the savannah, not just the up close ones. And we got a nice surprise our first night when I could see Wishes AND Illuminations from our deck since we were above the trees. But everyone else is right - I don't think there is a bad savannah view at Kidani! If you have a car, anywhere is a good room. If you don't and will be using the buses, I would request Sunset Savannah near the lobby so your hike to the bus stop with kids isn't so far. We had a car so we didn't care where we were, but it sure was nice to just walk a few steps and take the elevator right to the lobby for refills of our mugs!
Enjoy!

Just returned from our first stay there. We had a 3rd flr Sunset Savannah room (7726) and that was quite nice. But I'm sure a higher or lower views would have their benefits also. We were a ways from the lobby but that was fine with me. All I can tell you is, what an awesome resort!! It's so nice!

We had 5th floor sunset savannah, which was awesome! If we do it again we will request being near the lobby. It was a long walk to get a drink!

Packing for our first stay at Kidani (my 25th trip!!:)). I requested upper floor, Sunset Savannah. We've stayed at Jambo, but not Kidani. The only bummer for this trip is my boyfriend just found out he can't come with us due to work complications!!!:sad1: Oh well, there's always next time.

Just returned from our first stay there. We had a 3rd flr Sunset Savannah room (7726) and that was quite nice. But I'm sure a higher or lower views would have their benefits also. We were a ways from the lobby but that was fine with me. All I can tell you is, what an awesome resort!! It's so nice!

No, I assure you, you were NOT a ways from the lobby. :rotfl:

We were in 7768. It was a 6 minute brisk walk from our villa to the lobby. Based on the time it took, I ballparked that it was about .33 mile one way. DH got to chatting with a bellman one day who said by his pedometer it is actually .35. Days where we went to a park, came back, and went back out later, meant we were walking over a MILE just back and forth to the villa. Luckily we do not have small children. We did NOT have a car. If we would have had a car, the Pumbaa elevators from the parking garage were quite close to our villa.

This was our first stay at Kidani (5/31-6/9) and we did enjoy it. The second bathroom was fabulous. We had a lovely view of the savanna, but the giraffes really only came by when the browse truck was out. The ankole cattle were out there pretty much all day.

We attended the cultural talk by one of the CMs one evening and really enjoyed it. We also had dinner at Sanaa, which was very good.

Hubby and I just got back from our first stay there :love: We had only requested Sunset Savannah (love my giraffes and zebras) and upper floor. We were on the top floor, north side, steps from the elevator to the lobby. It was an awesome view from up high! You could see all the animals all over the savannah, not just the up close ones. And we got a nice surprise our first night when I could see Wishes AND Illuminations from our deck since we were above the trees. But everyone else is right - I don't think there is a bad savannah view at Kidani! If you have a car, anywhere is a good room. If you don't and will be using the buses, I would request Sunset Savannah near the lobby so your hike to the bus stop with kids isn't so far. We had a car so we didn't care where we were, but it sure was nice to just walk a few steps and take the elevator right to the lobby for refills of our mugs!
Enjoy!

PLEASE! Do you remember the room number to this magical sounding room!?!?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter