Best room advice in POFQ please!

2BoysMum&Dad

Mouseketeer
We want to pay for a "preferred location" at Port Orleans French Quarter and want to know where people have stayed and if it was a good choice. Many thanks.

:)

POFQ doesn't have preferred rooms; you can pay extra for king rooms and water view. It is so compact that there really aren't any bad rooms. I have been in Bldg 3 twice and it is right next to the food court etc, but then so is 4, and 5, and 2...7 is a very short walk to POR and all that it has to offer; 1 was my least favorite because it was far from the bus stop/food court, but still only a 4-5 minute leisurely walk. 5 is by the pool; one end is by the food court, the other by the boat dock. So really, get a map and look because all the rooms are pretty good! I really, really like POFQ!

POFQ doesn't have preferred rooms; you can pay extra for king rooms and water view.
Yes, there is a small charge for a room with a king bed (about $10.00 per night I believe); and it seems to me like the rooms with a king bed are always corner rooms (which are just a little larger than the other rooms.) I always request a king bed when I take a solo trip, and stay at the French Quarter, because there are two sets of windows, allowing for two views.

However, I do not think there is an extra charge for any water view room. If you request a water view room, ask for a "pool view" room, or a "river view" room, depending on which you would rather have. I personally like the river view much better.

As for which building: Of the seven buildings at the French Quarter, numbers 2and 5 face the pool, and also face the Sassagula River, depending upon which room you get; and 2 & 5 are near the lobby, bus stop, food court, etc. Buildings 3 and 4 are even closer to everything, however, no building is very far away because of the smaller size of the resort. By the way: buildings 2, 5 and 6 are the only ones that have no rooms facing a parking lot.

You can't go wrong, in my opinion. My favorite of the moderates.

Enjoy.

We had bldg 5, facing the pool, 3d flr in November. Great location. Didn't use the pool but enjoyed being near there, right near food court and lobby, so that was great. Steps to the river. Third flr was quiet- so that was great- but 3 long flights of stairs after a long day! We looked for the elevator but it was at opposite end of our room so wouldve entailed walking anyway. Like most have said-- no bad bldgs at FQ.

We just left Bldg 2 - room 2202 which is on the end of the bldg closest to the food court and on the back side away from the pool. We loved this room and location.

Personally, I wouldn't pay for the "water" view room all the views are great and you can get just about anywhere in a 3 minute easy strided walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter